Linkin Park Nominated and to Perform at MTV EMA's

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Touche, however as cam said. It's GaGa, whom is HUGE in Europe.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

voted, gaga is like a itch that won't go away.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wonder if they'll perform Waiting For the End? It'll be the current single by the time this show takes place, plus it's a much shorter song than The Catalyst so time constraints probably won't come into play like they did at the VMAs.

Also, I'm probably the only person who hasn't gotten sick of Lady Gaga. :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I've never really been sick of Lady Gaga, just never really cared. However, am I the only one who seems to think that the house she wore on her head during the VMAs, and the meat suit a little TOO much? I understand there is a need to express yourself, but she must have smelt horrible with all that meat, and her head must of been pounding after carrying that house on her head.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I thought it was ridiculous too, but that's kind of what I find appealing about her. Every once in a while it's cool to see an artist come along who does ridiculous stuff just for the sake of being ridiculous. Rammstein wears fake penises and pretends to piss on the people in the front row sometimes. Alice Cooper pretends to hang himself at the end of his performances. Ted Nugent shoots flaming arrows at his guitar while dressed in a Native American headdress and a loin cloth. KISS used to have a replica of the Statue of Liberty on stage that would give the audience the finger. Wendy O. Williams (R.I.P.) used to destroy cars on stage with a chainsaw. Pink Floyd had a giant inflatable pig that flew over the crowd.

I just like to see things sometimes that are more about WTF-ery than artistic integrity. :lol:

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

She wore a hat? Cause I know Chelsea Handler did making fun of her but I didn't know GaGa did.

As for the meat dress...
    [​IMG]

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

The Gaga phenomenon is really annoying me now as it just seems so try hard. I mean at first she was a little eccentric but now it's just ridiculous. But yes with Gaga and Muse already playing live in Europe I don't think LP will get that one :( Best rock though...that's up for grabs.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

While most of them are LP fans as well and chose to vote LP over Gaga :D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Muse aren't exactly small fries here either.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I think Muse is really OVERRATED

Is a good band? Yes it is...but is not like we are talking about the Rolling Stones here!!!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

But in Europe they're the biggest thing since sliced bread, ridiculously talented, amazing live, and might as well be the Rolling Stones.

On that note, Linkin Park aren't the Rolling Stones either.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

LP will win both awards:p

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

This might be true for Great Britain (though I don't know), but it is certainly not true for the rest of Europe. In 2007, they opened for Linkin Park at Rock am Ring for example. Their popularity increased a little since then, true, but it's still nothing compared to LP.

And I saw Muse live on that same festival, and I really don't know what all the fuss is about. The light show was great, but apart from that... they just stood there and sang their nice little songs. I was bored, and it wasn't just me.
    No offense to anyone loving Muse!

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They've gone diamond in France and platinum at least once in plenty of other European countries, so that suggests that either they are pretty popular on the mainland or they've been a massive sleeper hit.

Jalie

Jalie Antebellum Cecity

For getting platinum or diamond in Europe you don't have to sell that much. And it's not always an indication of who is supported by a strong fanbase (Phil Collins was No. 1 on German amazon before ATS came out). Muse exists since 1992 (I think) and they've sold appr. 11 million records worldwide, The Resistance has sold 150000 in its first week. A lot of people do like them, true, and a lot of people go to their concerts, but they are not as big as LP, and I just wanted to say that Minus exaggerated.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

i have an idea. let's just vote the fuck out of this thing.
    30 Seconds to Mars are also up for Best Rock and the Echelon is damn good at making them win stuff like this so vote until you've reached your limits !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.