The Rising Tied - still kicking?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Polychromatic, Sep 17, 2010.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I've actually started listening to random songs from TRT since yesterday. The production on the album is just... woah. Hands down, one of the best produced rap record from the last decade. It's so out there. It sucks that Mike doesn't producer more often. I thought he'd be an established hip-hop producer by now.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I think Mike should do a Fort Minor EP. Just four songs, not a full album.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I could live with that. Even if it's just something short and sweet he makes in the back of the bus while on tour.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Well, I'm sure they could. However, I don't exactly envision "High Road" as being on a Linkin Park album...

[video=youtube;hlpQwLd_B34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlpQwLd_B34[/video]

I'm not disagreeing with you, my point is... I just don't want Chester in it. When I want Fort Minor, I want it WITHOUT Chester. I think that's why I want it outside the realm of a LP album.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

After the Linkin Park days are over, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Mike pursuing an all out producing career. He could be the next Rick Rubin, haha.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Why wouldn't you want Chester on it? He doesn't have to be on all the tracks. He doesn't even have to be the vocal centerpiece in the majority of them. Surely his versatility could be useful.

He's already a better producer than Rick Rubin.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

TRT is definitely still kicking, I still listen to it from time to time but its the We Major mixtape that gets more listens from me. I'm hoping mike does some FM 2.0 myself and some more general production from him wouldn't be too bad either.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

When I envision a Fort Minor record, which is what I want and what some others want I don't picture Chester. I picture other vocalists. Especially after this shit...

[video=youtube;YoYhLzUnKmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoYhLzUnKmw[/video]

Chester is a FANTASTIC vocalist and can bring amazing vocals to many projects. However, Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise were two things I'll never touch with Chester on them.

Edit: Let me just stated, DBS wasn't Chester's fault. It was just a horrible project in my opinion. His part of the project was dead on, however his band-mates weren't as talented.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I doubt it.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Why does everyone love to undermine Rick Rubin and all the great work he's done? It really blows my mind.

/offtopic.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Rick Rubin is amazing.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The producer only does so much for a record. I bet 90% of what Linkin Park's albums sound like are because of Linkin Park. Not Rick Rubin.

And I believe Rick Rubin produced this album called A Thousand Suns? I heard it's a pretty great album.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Co-produced. With Mike..

Agent

I don't want Chester on any FM material either, if Mike wants to do something in the future ie. The whole point of FM was to step outside the LP-realm and do something on his own. Having Chester would be contradictory to that. Plus, I personally want Mike to work with other talented artists and create a name for himself as a legit hip-hop producer.

travz21

Yeah, but there is no longer an LP-realm. They have no boundaries anymore. I'd be really annoyed if Mike did another Fort Minor, just for that reason. I think having 10 or more people featured on an LP hip hop album would be creamtastic. Having that many people in the studio producing some sick music......yum.

Agent

By "LP realm" I meant Mike getting away from LP to refresh his mind by doing his own thing. That includes working with artists other than the Linkin Park members. So having Chester on would work against that idea. That is all.

travz21

That just seems to be going against the grain to me.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yeah. For better or for worse I don't see any of them doing solo project type stuff for a while now. At best there could be one or two of them collaborating with people from outside the band, but then they've always done that.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Uhhhh, wouldn't Fort Minor with Chester be, Linkin Park?

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Yeah because Brad, Rob, Joe, and Dave are all in Fort Minor. :D