Seriously, is ATS a step forward?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by os neutral, Sep 19, 2010.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

On a similar token, who are you to patronize me in such a way? I'm open to challenging of my argument, but I'm not gonna listen if you insult me.

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

So, because they are "nearly" a pop band if that's what you mean....well...Accept them as a pop band.

Though according to my music knowledge (not much, just enough), you are failed to define a genre.

Or POP = Popular, not the genre.

beslee

beslee Member

i agree with minus. LP did a step forward with a half-electronic-half alternative album. about wretches and kings: the song is very risky to me. never LP used sampled guitars that much.Also chester never had singed with this accent.Moreover, the whole song is based on sampled drums. LP never did a song with sampled drums,Brad uses wah-wah pedal in this song with delay (!).so i consider W&K one of the most daring LP songs. that's because i love it. ATS OWNS!!!!:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

adaminator1 would be very proud of this post.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Cute. Yes, by pop I meant popular. I'm not sure there is one set pop genre with uniform characteristics, however. Pop encompasses all popular music from The Beatles to the Backstreet Boys.

os neutral

os neutral Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I mean. Most ATS supporters defend the daring and innovation by listing what kind of stuff LP used for the first time. You try to explain quality by quantity, which is impossible. They use a lot of new stuff here, I agree to that. But the way they put all it together, varies from song to song from good to mediocre. The only good one though is the intro Requiem. This is my personal scale but I dare say most of the people here haven't yet discovered the deeper beauty of music and the music that is inhabited by it. Maybe its because they are quite young, usually around 15 or something, I'm just guessing. Doesn't mean you can't be an music-experienced audiophile by 15. Well, I took at least until 20 to 22.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

A Thousand Suns kicks ass.
    /endofthread

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Wow, could not agree more with your post. The album does border not seemingly do justice to any of the genre's its in. It feels incomplete, lacking in direction. Very well worded post, prepare for the hate.

Couldn't agree more though. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    cstebila

Doublepost, my bad.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Don't make generalisations.

os neutral

I said 'most', not 'every' but maybe it was only all the LP fans in this forum who bashed anything critical about LP I dared to say.

But I would like to know, LP fans, what do you NOT like about ATS?
    Nothing is perfect, so what in particular do you think keeps ATS from beeing perfect?

@cstebila: at least somebody gets my point:)

Incomplete, lack of direction is exactly what I feel about ATS too. It's not a journey, as promised but a collection of related topic lyrics, smooth song transistions and some interludes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Why do you keep trying to wrench critical opinions from people? Will you not be satisfied until EVERYONE says something critical about A Thousand Suns? It's gotten rather pathetic to be honest . . .

Dean

Yeah, that's what a generalisation is. You may have been bashed but people have been having a good go at refuting what you've said as well, so generalising the people who disagree with you isn't really cricket. This isn't the first time, come to think of it.

Yeah guy, because people have to agree with you in order to understand. :hitself: Stop being so sanctimonious.

os neutral

I will be satisfied when people can offer me more than just an "ATS is awsome, because LP use this and this and this, how diverse!" and proving they have a differentiated opinion about ATS that covers the pros AND the cons, by putting it into words.

And you know what? I don't know how big that fraction is but there is quite a significant number of fans here who seem to feel personally attacked if you criticize LP.

It's their ego they defend not ATS.

Thats simply not teh truth. People keep bashing me here not with arguments but with love confessions to Linkin Park.

So tell me about it! Are you able to say it openly? Because thats what folks here are inhibited to do.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Pros: Everything
    Cons: Nothing.
    There you got my pros and cons
    Yes thats my real opinion
    Why is it so hard for you to believe that some of us actually think this album has no flaws

cstebila

A bit of personal advertisement, but I agree with os neutral here.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

There have been people who have been saying that have been putting pros and cons, and the fact that you say this, tells me you haven't been paying attention to any other posts.

That is to be expected in a FANsite. There are going to be people who feel attacked when people say anything overly critical about it, since it is a band that they follow religiously, and who are you to say that they can't?

Dean

Well, there's one delusion we aren't responsible for.

I posted a bit of a review after my first listen and my views on the album probably haven't changed much since. So have a lot of people actually - there's at least one thread full of it, so go read it if it matters so much to you.

cstebila

People need to drop their egos. /thread

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

ENOUGH.

Some people need to accept that the only opinion that really matters is WHAT YOU PERSONALLY THINK OF THE ALBUM. Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's not like it matters in the end.