Linkin Park in the Future (2011-2020)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cylock_Dnb, Sep 23, 2010.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

There's something I've been dreading to think about since watching the DVD of ATS. It seems like LP was sort of rushed to finish the album (even though they said that otherwise) and I guess maybe that's why there's so few "songs" in it ? I don't know ..

I'm just wondering what these guys are gonna do in their next project or album. I mean.. they hyped ATS up so much to be an epic journey, experience, etc. and it would be so amazing, that like .. what are they gonna do next ? The only way to top it would be to make a movie or something, regarding the hype. Don't get me wrong, I liked ATS. It just seemed very departed from what these guys normally do. I'm not sure when we can expect a new LP album, but honestly, one thing I would hate is if they made A Thousand Suns part 2|.. the reason why i say this is because i saw in the dvd they had a top of songs left over, and also they said that theyre not gonna wait until after touring to make new music, and that would be writing all the time. This leads me to believe that they're gonna rush their shit again and drift even further away from their old sound, making a ton of weird shit, thus, creating ATS 2. I hope that doesnt happen. Dont call me closed minded, because just that i didnt LOVE this album, I like it alot and Ive been jamming to it close to everyday since it came out. I just think we've been through enough of "growing up" for LP. We had 2 very exotic records, in the sense that they drifted off from their original sound. I think maybe it's time to do something a little more for the fans. Like, i totally respect LP. for doing what they did and I commend them. also i like the album, but i feel like enough is enough. I still consider myself a huge fan of them but if they keep this style up for the next album, im done being a fan. Dont take it the wrong way, i just feel like enough is enough. They have to remember where they got their success from, and thats the fans. I honestly wish their next record would be a mix of their old and new style. likeeE .. HT + M + R + M2M + ATS = New LP album. A recordd for everyone. I hope it happens foreal ... any thoughts ? :p

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

ATS was not rushed. The fact it has 9 songs doesn't mean anything. Thats the way they wanted it to be

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I think ATS pretty much is HT + M + MTM, which is what you said, something for the fans.

"Wretches and Kings" sounds like a heavy rap/rock song from the old albums, but with the ATS twist.

This record has rapping, this album has some heavy parts, it has a screamfest, it has Joe Hahn scratching, two guitar solos even though they don't really sound like the ones from MTM, and it has the soft ballad elements to it.

Looks like you got what you wanted.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I think since they said they dont wanna tour and start from scratch again and make music all the time that there music will all start to sound the same. Chester was saying in a interview they wanna try to start having a record out every year or 2 years. Leaving me to believe we will have another ATS. You cant create a new sound in 7-14 months.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

They'll just have to keep making great, fluid albums like this one. They may not be able to top themselves every time, but if their albums continue to be top-notch like ATS, that won't be a problem.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This album was not rushed. Mike said in an LPU chat in like March saying something like "This album may have fewer songs but the lengths are longer." This means that they had planned it for a long time.

Maybe you want another HT sounding album, but you won't get it. Chester has already said he's done screaming so there goes a huge chunk of HT sound. Also the band has said in countless interviews that they aren't going back. In addition, they don't necessarily care what others think. They only care if they are satisfied with the album.

And who says ATS isn't an album for everyone? You want screaming? There's Blackout. You want Rapping? There's 3 songs with that, including the Fort Minor-ish style in Wretches and Kings. You want slow songs/ballads? There's Burning in the Skies, Robot Boy, Iridescent, and the Messenger. How about songs that go above and beyond in terms of structure? There's The Catalyst. And how about some damn good interludes? And that one song that's a huge risk/is funky. Look no further than When They Come For Me. To conclude, you want an album for all LP fans? There's A Thousand Suns.

Edit: I didn't see Nick's post. He said basically the same thing haha.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    Cylock_Dnb

I'm NOT wanting another HT. I said this in my post. Whatt I would like to see is a blend of the new style with the old style, not HT part 2. read before you bash.

Benjamin

My Point is that
    It already did happen. A Thousand Suns is that mixture. So I'm not really sure what you want.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Actually, whether or not A Thousand Suns is the mixture of the previous albums is subjective to the listener. Personally, I feel as though ATS is a different entity altogether (not that it's a bad thing).

In my perspective, the band has yet to hit the mark full-on. From what I can understand based on their recent statements, the band has since iterated that they no longer want to tread through their older style. Now, from what I can interpret, their recent statements and claims are nothing more than a big fancy veil to cover an underlying fear that has stricken the band some years ago. I am not fully convinced that the band has let go of borrowing their attention towards what critics have to say. Consequently, they are adamant about stepping far, far away from their roots. Some call it evolution, while others say they're arguably distracted.

In hindsight, Meteora felt like a cop-out, while Minutes to Midnight marked the band's identity crisis. Meanwhile, A Thousand Suns feels somewhat forced for the sake of being 'different' at some points, while in other aspects it was pure creativity. I'm still awaiting an album from the band that feels natural in it's progression from start to finish (i.e. Reanimation).

That being said, I love where the band is at at this point in time. A decade later, and they're still able to create unbound anticipation for the following record.

Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

*prays for a Lady GaGa duet*

[​IMG]

[/sarcasm]

ShinigamiPWN

ShinigamiPWN Sir? SIR?

This thread is very LOLWUT.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I worry just a little about what the next album will be like too, because I have no idea where else there is to go after all that they've done. I don't really want another "Hybrid Theory" or "Minutes To Midnight", and I definitely don't want another album like "A Thousand Suns".

But, then, it feels way, way too early for that kind of thought. :x

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

If you watch one of the interviews posted in the last few days, Chester impersonated a person calling him on the phone saying "Hey, I want you to make a record that sounds like THIS!" He then goes on to say "Come on, thats ridiculous..."

We can speculate and hope and in some cases bitch and moan all we want, but the band is going to create music they want to create. Period. If all 6 for some reason happen to delve heavily into country music and release an album that sounds like tim mcgraw meets depeche mode then, too bad. Thats what its gonna be. Either you like it or you don't. Its ok if you don't, and its ok if you do.

And if you don't, like Chester also said, "go find something you like"

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Honestly, I've done a lot of analysis on what you're thinking, and I think for the most part you don't have to worry. In a real sense A Thousand Suns can be called rushed. The making of it showed this more then anything, the band was not comfortable with the deadlines, and we're very stressed trying to make them. In THAT sense it could be said this album was potentially rushed.

At the same time, I think there's reasonable hope that the next record will not have A Thousand Suns type sound. Why? The apocalyptic theme was extremely prominent on this album (or the entire quasi-conceptional record). I would expect another album to be fluid potentially, but not as much, as there's without a doubt an extremely alienated group of individuals (these are even folks who enjoyed Minutes to Midnight), and whether they want it or not, sales and fan opinions do mean something, it shouldn't dictate everything, nor should the band only cater to a certain sound (and they haven't look at the Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns) but I expect the next album (while fluid and not necessarily Meteora) to be more a collection of songs say maybe 13 actual songs.

Benjamin

To be brutally honest, I've gotten to the point where I'll probably love anything they put out. I've become so biased it's ridiculous.

Cylock_Dnb

One thing I do like about LP is that the songs that end up mostly on their albums get there by chance. Mike and Chester have always said, The album could have a ton of rapping and little singing, or a ton of screaming and no guitars, etc. It all depends on the quality of the songs and what theyd like best. So id say there is a chance for anything on the next record. And yes, I am already anticipating it. :D

Benjamin

I admit there's definitely that ".....now what?" feeling. Maybe they get more techno? Haha not saying I want that. Or, as i mentioned in another thread, they could possibly make a hip hop record. With an LP twist of course. We still haven't heard a song where Mike raps and sings lead vocals in the same track. Hmm.

Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

Yeah because LP owes us so much! Those bastards!

You like this album, but if they keep the style up your done? Good riddance.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Can you really say that, though, when they stress that it took them, like, two years? :x

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I want another type of album like HT. I want to here what they can do with it a decade later. So they can prove to everyone that they are the same band. I love most songs excluding robot boy. I am really tired of hearing everyone bitch about how they now sound like the baby of U2 and NIN. I think they need to shut everyone up but put a new style on the old. So pretty much the baby of HT and ATS i think they should do next.