Linkin Park in the Future (2011-2020)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Cylock_Dnb, Sep 23, 2010.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Where the hell are you hanging out? ;"

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Pretty much everywhere other than LPA and maybe some of LPL think what he's saying. For the most part.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And there are actually people complaining that the new album resembles a mix of NIN and U2? ;D

Benjamin

They say that LP sounds like an immature version of U2/NIN.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Come on, it's not like they couldn't top ATS. It's a great album, their best so far, but not the greatest and most unexpected thing they could've released. They still need to work on a lot of things, such as their musicianship and actually playing as band, rather than focusing on either Chester, Mike or Joe. I still haven't heard Brad doing an awesome, mind-blowing guitar solo or riff, so I'd expect that to happen on the next album. Improving their lyrics is a must, because they weren't all that good on ATS.

The thing is, even though I've read a lot of previews and sneak peeks before the release about ATS being a non-radio album, it certainly does feel like a mainstream record. It would be wise if they pulled away from that. That would mean ditching Warner Bros, which wouldn't be such a bad idea after all.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am stick with the present on this post.

As long as we like the album, don't worry about all the other people who don't. To us, they are missing out.

lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

I concur.

Blackbirds

Blackbirds QWERTY

The future likely holds many wonderful things, but why speculate? We're really still only at the beginning of this album cycle - just sit back and enjoy the ride. Plus each year there's usually something new or brillant on the LPU CD, which is always nice and shows what else they've been working on but wasn't quite album-worthy for whatever reason (Across The Line, etc.).

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

:rofl: This is rich! I don't think you're close minded; just full of bullshit. There are so many contradictions and ridiculousness that i don't even know where to begin.:rolleyes:

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

i feel the same way dude

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They're most likely talking bollocks.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I am honestly not worried about Linkin Park running out of ideas. There's always something to get inspired by and LP are some of the most ingenious artists ever. I mean no one could have expected a song like WTCFM or Robot Boy. But what I will say is that I want a quality album 5 that may be involved or heavily pushed by electronic synths with heavy orchestral things....but not Breaking the Habit Part 2 but something much further on the electronic side.

Benjamin

As long as you throw in a bunch of rapping...I could live with that.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

rapping with an orchestral...that'd be amazing!!! :awesome:

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I wouldn't agree with it, but I can certainly see where they would be coming from to be honest.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I sort of can at points, but even if I was being critical I'm not sure if I'd necessarily agree. It just sounds like the sort of stock criticisms they always get from certain sets of fans these days.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

I just hope they will stay on ATS path in the sense of creation and innovation. I hated MTM because beyond BIO and In Pieces, they didn't push any boundaries of music further like they did with HT and Meteora. And mostly with reanimation. ATS felt like they embraced more their creativity, thought less about sells and radios friendly songs - and that made an incredible album. I hope they will keep their faith in their sound, their creativity. And mostly - I want the guys to take the whole control of the production. Stop working with Rubin or other's. You can be your own producers now. I know it's a lot of work, but Mike can do it.

And about the U2/NIN comparison. Well the U2 one is kind of true for a song like Shadow of the day. But about NIN this is BS. People say that because Trent uses guitar and electronics (Oh my) but the sound cannot be compared at all. The whole perspective of music for each band cannot be compared. And I'm a NIN fan, I own most of the Halos so I can tell that this is bullshit.

Anyway, Mike wouldn't be pissed about the NIN comparison - He said NIN had a great influence on him. And I first listened to NIN in 2002 because of that interview with Mike when he refered to the band.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
    wtfitzsteven

wtfitzsteven Member

time has changed. I'm getting tired of people saying LP should keep on doing the hybrid theory sound. I mean sure i enjoyed it, but it was in that era. in one interview, mike said that style got boring because so many people can copy that sound now. He wants to make new stuff and be unique. and he did say "its not about making another hybrid theory" . I mean this guy asked me, "You known LP for their hybrid theory stuff? or their writing process/creativity?".. i said writing process/creativity

I mean, every album always surprises me. Thats a good thing. I mean they can do whatever they want. They have the talent.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this, all the way. Although I do think they should at least see out their contract with Warner by releasing a ton of new stuff in the next couple years. :lol:

In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to LP releasing a new album every two years or so; it's what Dream Theater does. Hell, many Beatles albums were released in the same year as a previous release.

I do not however think they should ditch Rick. Maybe in a couple albums, but he seems to have really been a source of encouragement for the boys.

Either way, I'm really quite excited to see what the future holds for LP. If you can appreciate the new directions they're taking, it's a great time to be a fan.

Kaleda519

Kaleda519 Well-Known Member

Totally agree, some of the people at work keep saying to me 'I don't like ATS, it doesn't sound like HT'. Well, so what?! I love HT and always will but I'd get bored of the band if they didn't keep trying new things and trying to be more innovative and creative. They do have the talent, and they do have the ability to create new sounds and evolve like they have on ATS. Linkin Park in the future for me will be them continuing to push boundaries and continue to try different things regardless of whether it alienates the HT fans.

I can't wait for the next album, and the one after that, because they won't ever get stale. They will continue to try new things, write about new things and create songs that continue to both entertain and surprise in equal parts. I honestly can't wait to see what they produce next :)