The Official Red Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Jeff, Sep 25, 2010.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

So, who else here likes them? I got the privilege of seeing them last April with Skillet, and they are amazing live (the lead singer, Michael Barnes actually performed with Skillet that night for an acoustic cover of Enter Sandman). They currently have 2 albums, End of Silence and Innocence & Instinct, and are currently recording their third one, which should be due by next year I hope. What are your thoughts on them?

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I like them since a friend of mine made me listen to Innocence and Instinct. Michael's voice is great. I love their version of Ordinary World.

What I don't like is how the songs sound pretty much the same on both albums, they need to try something new on their third record, otherwise they'll get old since they already play a style that's been outdated for some time. Also, some of their choruses are too cheesy and whiny.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to new songs by these guys. Something a bit more experimental.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Been a fan of them for maybe 4 years. They have pretty basic songs, but I like their instrumentation. And the lead singer has a really great voice. I think they should be a lot more popular than they are. I think the Christian Rock label that is slapped on them is hurting them a lot. And I'm hoping it's forcing them to write lyrics in a certain way, because Manu was right, a lot of their stuff is cheesy.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Going by the songs I've listened to I think they're pretty dull to say the least. The only one I could stand at all was their cover of Ordinary World.

Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear The Downfall

I'm listening to "Innocence & Instinct" now. In spite of being technically and lyrically simple and basic, they sound genuine and passionate enough to convince me that they're worth recommending. Sometimes, complexity is overrated.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
    wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

They're great! I have both albums (deluxe edition of course xD)
    I love their songs. I don't care if it is simple or cheesy. I just like it!

Notice something?
    HT and Meteora are also the same and they tried sth new with MTM ^^

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Yeah, I did notice. Actually Red is the band I'd recommend to everyone who doesn't like the new LP because it's kind of the same style without the rapping.

Jeff

Yeah, they even said that Linkin Park is a band that has inspired them, which I think is great.

Red just announced the name of their new album coming in February. I can't wait!

[video=youtube;D7dsfePaqYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7dsfePaqYc&feature=recentf[/video]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
    Hunter

Hunter Tactical Posting Action

Sweet! Can't wait! Been a fan since the first album!

Jeff

Nice. I went to go see them live last April and they are fantastic!

travz21

Sounds exactly like their other music. I'm sick of power riffs. Hopefully they have more to offer this time.

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I first came to LPA during the ARG of Innocence & Instinct around November 2008 and it was so much fun completing the entire game with this forum.

Though there may not be as much buildup for this CD, both End of Silence and Innocence & Instinct are 2 of my favorite all time CDs.

I've seen RED live 4 times and was a street team member and they are pretty much tied with LP for my favorite band.

I'm excited for Until We Have Faces and I feel there will be some of the same heavy riffs and much of the same singing style as the others, but I also expect more acoustic and a lot less screaming. Michael Barnes does not scream as well as he used to due to all of the touring, but his voice is still beautiful. On that note I also expect to hear more singing out of the Armstrongs and their screaming as well.

All in all, I can't wait for the next record because RED is one of my favorite bands because they have a great sound and great message to tell.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

ProjectSoxRock, thanks for the tip on the new album had no idea there was one coming so soon. Will be checking this one out for sure, and once again to those who haven't listened to them yet if you enjoy LP (which you do hence why your here) go and listen to their first album, their essentially a very similar to LP band.

Jeff

Yeah, I feel the exact way. I nearly pissed myself when I saw the little promo they used for their new album that I posted a couple posts back :lol:

U B the band

U B the band Musician / Guitar Tabber

Red is an awesome band. They're amazing live. Here's a picture I recently took of Anthony:

[​IMG]

(side note for the other people who completed the Red ARG in 2009, PM me. I have a question)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Big fan of these guys. So psyched they're coming out with a new album so soon!

Jeff

I knoooow. I saw the latest "Until We See Faces" blog-type-thingy that they are doing, and it sounds like we are going to have some heavier tracks than normal. Which is going to be awesome.

[video=youtube;dl1iNPqPQ3w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1iNPqPQ3w[/video]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    travz21

So soon? It will be 2 years in February, I believe. Lol.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Really? Seems a lot shorter. I must have thought that because I listened to the album so regularly.

Still, less than 2 years between albums is pretty quick.

Ant

Ant Ambient

I love Red, but I actually don't like that preview. It sounds like it could've been on either of their albums.