Haters & Believers: A Thousand Suns Release

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

I have and will still always love and respect the guys in the band, and I have given the album a few listens. I still extremely dislike it, but that's okay. Just waitin' for the next album I suppose.

It's okay to not like something, just don't be an asshole. Common sense that many lack.

2. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Is it hypocritical because of WTCFM and then him saying "all fans are welcome"? Because that's not hypocritical. Mike telling everybody that wants HT over and over again to "try to catch up, I'm not doing that shit...I'm not a robot" isn't the same as "fuck off". People who really take this shit personally had three years to cry and masturbate to SIB. I'm not big on Mike always wanting to issue statements because he takes alot of shit personally and wants people to understand where he and LP are coming from, but people are acting like LP were their BFFs. They get butt-hurt over 6 guys they haven't went on a date with. I'm pretty sure that there are people who aren't big on their new stuff and would see LP live because they love the old stuff and aren't getting their panties in a bunch because they don't write pop/metal/hip-hop songs anymore

3. Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

I agree that he didn't have to explain himself but I don't agree with you that he shouldn't have because he's in one of the biggest band of all time. I hope they never will get pretentious about what they achieve (yes, A LOT) But still - he knows where he comes from and he wanted to share it, it shows that he indeed is not the fortune and the fame, and I'm glad to see he cares about the fans (and old fans). It's sad he gets touched personally by all that, but at the same time, it makes me appreciate him more cause I feel he didn't really change over the years - as he still cares about what people think and doesn't feel like he's better than everybody else.

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

5. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If you say so.

I'm taking it that way because that's pretty much what you've been doing up to this point. Continually insisting you're right with little or nothing to back it up doesn't cut it, I'm afraid.

The only part in the whole song that even comes close is "motherfucker".

Yep.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  6. mizike

mizike Active Member

WOW

You people are freaking so retarded. Too much stress on shit, Mike is just expressing what he feels if he even wrote that, and thats it. THere are not fuck you or DIE HATERS, oR HATERS GETTING OWNED, JEsus people its just his way to help comprehend and explain to people there process of changing from OLD LP to THIS NEW POPPY LP. Not a big deal, and if he did write it, its cool that a popular band would take the time to even care what there fans think.

7. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

I'd hardly call the band's new direction "poppy". If anything this is the least radio friendly album they've put out. This was more of an art piece than a "pop album". Pop albums usually have a lot more material for singles.
    Actually, most pop albums could have every song be a single...

8. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

This. This is still the most annoying thing that people are saying about ATS. How in the hell is it pop? Name 4 tracks that can be labelled as pop. Actually, you know what, name 2.

The closest song to being "pop" is TC, and even that's a longshot.

9. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Um...he definitely stopped talking about "haters" way early on in that. A hater just goes after someone or something, spreading negativity for negativity's sake. He's addressing the people who used to be fans, but can't seem to grasp the fact that these guys are in their 30s with kids and don't want to scream about how shitty their lives are(n't).

10. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

It seems all his post has done is cause more controversy.

11. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Hey continue defending your god in the same manner it was 6 years ago (Meteora). Don't say I didn't warn you all of the backlash that's coming for the remark that he made. This is a fan forum after all, I don't expect you all to see what I am saying till all the dust has settled. It's always the problem with LP fans, you let your prides get in the way of the truth. And I speak because I was just like you guys at one point. I am done talkin.

I just spoke to your god.. luckly he was in LP.com so he answered my question. Interesting man, it seems his wording in that post is rather kryptic. Eitherway, you guys were right, I was wrong. Carry on.

12. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Erm actually I can name a few that would be good singles:

Burning in the Skies
    Waiting for the End (duh)
    Blackout
    Iridescent

Possibly not chart-toppers, but they're plenty accessible. Not that that's a bad thing.

It's pretty annoying actually how personally LP fans are taking the band's change of sound. Look, Jethro Tull's sound changed with practically every album, Rush went from blues to prog rock to electronica to reggae to hard rock, Pink Floyd and Genesis' sound changed radically when their respective founding frontmen left, the Beatles changed their sound and the face of popular Western music starting with their third album, and I can go on. And yes, granted I wish Genesis had kept it proggy, but they became one of the greatest bands of the 70s and 80s (not including the great kings of arena rock, Queen :D).

I suppose what I'm trying to say is it confounds me how, despite evidence that some of the greatest bands in pop/rock history changed their sound after they made their breakthrough, and that in doing so their fame and the quality of their music exploded a hundred-fold, people get butt hurt when a contemporary act tries to step away from their radio-friendly material to record something slightly more challenging.

13. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

But how many of those songs would actually fall under "pop"? Here's the Billboard Pop Songs list: http://www.billboard.com/#/charts/pop-songs?tag=chscr1

Can you compare ANY of the tracks on ATS to those?

Also, I agree (or at least don't disagree) with the rest of your post.

14. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Digital shortcuts?

I think Björk and Trent Reznor also used "digital shortcuts." :awesome:

15. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Well that's because pop music these days is shit. :blink:

I never said they'd be particularly successful singles, just that they were good single material.

It's funny by the way, I'm a member of DTF.org (a Dream Theater forum), and they love ATS.

I'd also wager that many of the haters haven't even listened to the album.

16. linkinladie328

linkinladie328 Active Member

well said mike :)

17. cloudscream

cloudscream Static

18. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

19. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They're in de Nile? Quick, someone throw them some life preservers! Get Crocodile Dundee out there!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I REALLY wish people who know nothing about music would keep their opinions to themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.