The Rising Tied - still kicking?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Polychromatic, Sep 17, 2010.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

How about this?

The next LININ PARK album is a hip hop record. Yes, HT and Meteora have a lot of rap, but that rap was mostly over guitars. Every single verse in all the songs would be rap and Chester would appear in a few choruses.

Whether it's LP or FM (sorry DBS, not you), I hope for a new album in 2 years. As Dean was saying, another collaboration (whether it's an EP like CC or a "We Made It") would be nice.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
    NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Lol. I meant just the vocalists :p

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

As long as it features lyrics of a similar style to their early days. High Voltage, Dedicated, Step Up, hell even Papercut, Figure .09, and Hit the Floor had classic LP written all over them, despite Mike calling the former lot something along the lines of a "jargon mess", they worked really well and were memorable. Recent rap has been extremely dissappointing (not just in the lack of some fun production on the lyrics, by all means you can get rid of this if you're going for a stripped down approach, but in addition they're not as crazy technical fun)

If the crazy technical fun isn't "authentic," but was just juvenile lyrics, it still says nothing to the point that it seems When They Come For Me / Wretches and Kings (rap parts mind you) can't hold a candle to their High Voltage and the rest.

Benjamin

I honestly love the rapping lyrics in ATS. WTCFM features the obvious "Why do we have to make the same music over and over again" theme, which I really like. Waiting for the End is great too. I haven't really payed close attention to that song lyrically though but I love the catchiness of it. And lastly there's Wretches. Talking about how the upper class dominates and the "rage against the machine", etc. ATS rapping is quite different, yes, but I still love it.

When you think about it, High Voltage and When They Come For Me aren't too different lyric wise.

Flooder

Flooder Active Member

Yep. Still listening.

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I don't think that would work. Maybe if there was some singing, and if you want to keep it to minimum like in WTCFM, but I wouldn't want Mike to rap in more than 3 or 4 tracks if he is doing that over singing. Mike's rap was all Fort Minor this time around, with the exception of Waiting For The End.

Benjamin

Basically what I'm describing is an album where every song is kinda like WTCFM. Also like Wretches (except maybe not heavy guitars like that song incorporates)

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I would see this as the next Fort Minor album. With the way Mike raps in those two songs, I wouldn't be suprised if they were possible Fort Minor roughs or even lyrics to a possible second album (not saying there will be one).

When They Come For Me - this Mike sounds new to me but has the emotion of cigarettes / get me gone
    Wretches and Kings - this Mike sounds like the slow paced in stereo but with the rage of there they go.

These two songs alone, as much as I love them, don't even feel LPesque, they feel like Fort Minor. The thing about that is, that's the wrong approach to go when designing and LP album. Mike rapping is sweet, but if he wants to go all out, don't spill out over 16-20 different verses on a full length album.

Benjamin

Yeah I'm just saying it's a possibility. LP likes to try new things. I think what makes WaK an LP song is simply the presence of heavy guitars (ok technically they may not be but they might as well be).

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I know but I wouldn't want more than 60% of the songs to have rapping in them. It would get old. I would miss the ballads and singing I grew to love for almost 4 years.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Have Mike do a rap ballad in one of the upcoming albums (e.g. I Need Love by LL Cool J)

Disjointedheart

Disjointedheart To battle is the only way we feel alive.

I actually listened to some of the album this morning while I was getting ready for work...I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Hmmmmm, LL is suppose to see if he'll be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If he gets in maybe they can ask Mike to do that song. Great now I got that in my head! Thanks Jay! *pokes forehead*

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

I am re-purchasing this and re-downloading We Major today. I miss classics like Cigarettes and Believe Me.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*sighs* Love those songs too! Not to mention Slip out the back

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

Ah, that was a classic as well.

The Iki Ali

The Iki Ali Well-Known Member

This album is the shit.
    Just started listening to the whole album out of the blue.

Hmm... I wonder when will Fort Minor reemerge? =.=""

The Iki Ali

The Iki Ali Well-Known Member

(double posted. my effing bad. ^.^"")

Polychromatic

Polychromatic Banned

We all can't forget the bonus tracks that came with the album. "Be Somebody" being my favorite.

Disjointedheart

Disjointedheart To battle is the only way we feel alive.

I lost We Major when my computer crashed. I haven't been able to find anywhere to download it since.