Waiting For The End Video Premieres

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Glad I'm not the only one.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Did you understand the mammoths in Somewhere I Belong? It's just there to add to the aesthetic value.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Great video. The effects were awesome, and I love how they used the album artwork.

And Mike fires his lazars! :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You guys need to free your mind.

Meaning, in a legal sense, you should have some K2 in you before watching it. :lol:

Bradley

Bradley Butt makes me weep, I call it a “boo-hooty".

I loved the video, it was absolutely mind blowing, it's really something I never have seen before and I like it, it's exciting!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Joe is becoming better and better in doing this stuff, really one of their best videos. I wish only Mike would have had another kind of close-up, it makes him look like through a phone camera or something hehe, but otherwise brilliant really!!

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

The video is really g:awesome::awesome:d...

This.
    And Mike really did fire his lazars!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
    Justin V.

Visually it's amazing. And the song is amazing also. They just don't connect for me. It feels like an art studio showing his skills for his portfolio. It's not a very dynamic video. It doesn't ebb and flow with the emotion of the song to me. I'm not quick to say "The video LOOKS sick which means it must be a great music video!" No. There's no story. Just lots and lots of art and effects. You can try to attach some metaphorical line running through the video as a story but you'd be reaching.

Great looking video. Great song. Not a great music video. I agree with whoever said they'd like a stock video just because I was hoping for more of a story (like LOATR with more effects) but it's just an exercise in visual comprehension.

Fredyg

Fredyg Well-Known Member

Straight pimp!

Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

Why don't we try to figure out the story behind it? I don't think it doesn't make any sense....

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

I thought the skull Chester, the gears (of the clock) and the black space really described the mood of the song. It connected with me. The digitally rendered animals felt soulless. I, for one, think that stories aren't for music videos. I'm all for the visual representation of the ambience and texture of the song, rather than creating a narrative. And for me, watching this WFTE video feels like I'm looking at the stars. Sometimes I look up the starry sky at night, wishing for all these problems to end (sappy:sweating:, but I really do that).

Minus

I stopped attempting to 'understand' music videos a long time ago. I take them as they were originally meant to be taken: something cool to watch while you're listening to the song.

Justin V.

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. There's no sense to make. It's just visuals. Like I said, I think any story you could attach to it would be a personal interpretation of what you think the visuals mean. The Catalyst had a theme to it. This just feels like "Awesome song. Awesome visual art" with no meeting of the two in the middle to convey an idea. The lyrics of this song envoke and awesome story (could have been interwoven into a "real world" of the video with the effects being an "internal" world) and we didn't get that. It was like New Divide without the Transformers clips. No story.

And I agree Cloudscream, I like that too. I usually just do it in my own head lol. To me that works well with something like NIN's Ghosts, but with such strong lyrical content it seems like a real shame to not support it. I do understand they didn't want to attach permanent meaning to the lyrics so maybe that's why they're leaning to more eyegasm than storytelling.

Don't get me wrong people, the video is lovely, I just find it kind of... boring. I got more excited from the energy watching it live. This video kind of sucks the energy out.

Minus

Read my post above yours. It's more in vein of the original music videos in that it's just something cool to watch while listening to the song. In which case, it's still a great music video. :lol:

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Exactly, and that's why I really enjoyed this video.

Justin V.

I agree with you on that point lol. I accepted the new music no problem, but I guess I'm having issues with them moving from plot driven videos to visual art. I'm so jaded with visual art that 99% of stuff just makes me go "meh" lol. But seing this is HD will be amazing.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I was very pleasantly surprised by this video....pretty sure Joe was inspired by Mike Firin' Lazars for this video :lol:
    but seriously....whats with the samurai sword? felt really random for me

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

That katana thing is so artsy. :D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

That chick was hot though :lol: even though she was covered up :S

20. Minus

Her name is Michelle Shinoda. True story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.