Your first favorite band?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Radical Dreamer, Nov 23, 2003.

What was the first proper rock/punk/metal band you got into? (This excludes any pop band you may've been obsessed with as a little kid.)

For me, it was blink-182. I'd heard about them before I found out about Linkin Park. My first Blink album was "Enema of the State", which is still one of my favorite albums to this day. :)

ReanimatedTheory

ReanimatedTheory Well-Known Member

Before Linkin Park...my favorite bands were probably Korn and Gorillaz....both of which I also still love.....Classics from both of em

Linkin Park, the 1st rock band I had ever heard as watching a Dragon Ball Z music video with the song One Step Closer

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

For me, it's Aerosmith. I was raised on Aerosmith. I love their music. I have seen them live 1 time and their live show will leave you breathless. I own every single Aerosmith album that there is. ^_^ I will always be a fan of this band, no matter what. :)

After Aerosmith, I got into Green Day, Silverchair, Metallica etc...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Creed.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Linkin Park were my first. I was more into rap at that time. But then I heard In The End and I started liking rock. Now I can't stand rap except for Eminem.

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Hmmm.... well I am going to go with Nirvana but there was probably a band before them but Nevermind was the first cd I ever bought. It might have been Aerosmith, RHCP, or Beastie Boys as well. I can't really remember.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

edit: fu*k that.
    BSB 4 LIFE!

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Linkin Park and Eminem were the first bands/artists that I have ever been into. It was when I didn't understand the concept of an album. :p

Hybrid Theory

Hybrid Theory Well-Known Member

SR-71. My first favorite and my most favorite. ^_^

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

I never really had a fav. rock band until I got into Linkin Park...and I honestly give them credit for me getting hooked into rock and later into metal, progressive, and other styles of rock. B)

RiverJudeAlexander

RiverJudeAlexander Ambient

metallica

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I liked music but I never had a favorite band. I never even watched the music channel or listened to the radio. That all changed when my friend got a computer. He downloaded this STUPID video with all these stupid 3D effects and this stupid whale was flying around in the air. The thing I hated most about the video was the horible graphics and I could never get over the flying whale. I went over to my friends house everyday and everyday he played that video. After a while I heard it so much I knew tha words and I downloaded the song my self. I looked for all their songs and listened to them. To my surprise I liked every song whitch was 21 in total :D . I love all forms of music Rap and Rock the most but my first and forever favorite band will be LINKIN PARK.

redman

redman Banned

the offspring were my fav bands up until LP. my mum bought me smash when i was 5 yrs old cuz i loved come out & play

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I guess i'll say Kid Rock. I guess he was my favorite because he was the only thing I listened to back then.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Linkin Park.

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

Linkin Park were my first fav band.Because of them I got into music.

annashinoda

annashinoda Well-Known Member

Linkin Park :)

May

May Ambient

i started to like Linkin Park and Evanescence at the same time. so LP and Evanescence got me into rock. meaning that i was a stupid teenie bopper :eek: can you believe it?! i was a teenie bopper! *covers face in paperbag*

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Savage Garden :) They were pretty much all I really liked until I discovered LP.

Edit: Ack, I was supposed to say a rock band...Savage Garden are pop...but I don't count them as 'preteen fad' band because they truly are talented and I STILL listen to them :)