Linkin Park European Tour Begins Today!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park will be following on from their three dates in South America with the European Tour, which kicks off today in Berlin at the 02 World!

Tonight the band will start a leg that runs all the way up until November the 11th at their second UK, London date. The band will then play Abu Dhabi for the F1 Summit and conclude with Tel Aviv on November 15th. The band won't play again until December 3rd in Brisbane, where they kick off their Australian leg of the tour, which concludes on December 15th at their second Sydney show, respectively.

The band will be looking to expand on the set-list they played in Argentina, Chile & Brazil which saw the debut of "When They Come For Me" & "The Messenger" as well as the "Numb" extended outro featuring "The Radiance". Will we see a new rotating setlist for this European leg? How about "Blackout", "Robot Boy" & "Burning In The Skies"? We've already heard Mike reference BitS on the recent performances of "Bleed It Out" as he sang the chorus during the bridge, will we get the full version on this tour?

This tour promises to be exciting, with a stage design by A Thousand Suns artist Josh Vanover, and a continued emphasis on the effects of the stage show, every concert goer is in store for something great!

Let us know if you're going! We would love to have your review of the show, photos, videos... anything you want to share! What do you want from the live European Tour? Who's excited?

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I really really hope they play Burning In The Skies.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I think Burning in the Skies will be a must-play very soon, also because is not between the massive-effects songs that makes them so hard to do live. I'd have rather more doubts on Blackout, will see how it would turn out, specially the Chester's crazy remixed voice outro. From MTM In Pieces was always one of the most loved songs, and it was never or very rarely played live, am i wrong? I fear Blackout will be the same.

Jake

Jake Give me reason

In Pieces was played quite a few times- it was very rare. Not that they never played it.

Me too! =]
    Robot Boy is in my top 3 ATS tracks! I hope they play that too!! =D

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Dont see why they shouldn't be able to perform Burning in the skies?
    Blackout i could understand.

Hmm i rather want Burning in the skies than some of there older songs, or even as Bonus, it would be awesome

Murali

Murali LP Soldier

yeah was really thinking about burning in the skies....that's my top song in ATS followed by iridescent, catalyst, waiting for the end and messenger

cyberskwerl

cyberskwerl New Member

Well Blackout has alot of sampled vocals that might be hard to re-create live. In Pieces is definently one of the most underrated songs on MTM though, and I was dissapointed they didnt play it live as much. I watched a video of Linkin Park performing In Pieces and it just didnt sound as good as the recording, I think some songs just arent meant to be played live.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sure they can find ways to make it work live. Before, they were operating under the context of a rock band, and that's what we were expecting. I'm hoping for a break of form and finding ways to perform songs to the fullest artistically without being restrict to the rock band format.

Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

Off to Manchester gig, deffo get some photos there

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

ohh I wish they would come to Estonia

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Newcastle gig should be pretty ace.. first time they've played in the North East of England, cant wait to go!

iridescent

iridescent Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the Setlist :)
    I really hope they will rotate Setlists on this tour.

Wishsetlist :)

01. The Requiem/The Radiance (Kinda like the version from Brazil between Numb and BTH)
    02. The Catalyst
    03. Lying From You
    04. Papercut
    05. Points Of Authority (Blackbirds over the Intro)
    06. Wretches & Kings
    07. Empty Spaces
    08. When They Come For Me
    09. No More Sorrow
    10. What I've Done
    11. Jornada Del Muerto
    12. Waiting For The End
    13. Numb
    14. Wisdom, Justice And Love
    15. Iridescent
    16. Crawling
    17. In The End
    18. Bleed It Out
    19. Burning In The Skies
    20. The Messenger
    -----------------------
    21. New Divide
    22. Blackout
    23. Faint
    24. One Step Closer

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I think I would like The Catalyst be played near the end of the set,
    and I really wish they aren't dropping Pushing Me Away (piano), that was just so cool!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

pretty cool set-list there iridescent - and welcome to the LPA!

iridescent

iridescent Well-Known Member

Thanks! To be honest.. I visited the site before a bunch of times but I never made a Account so far! Great Site btw!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I would have thought that with the album being out for over a month, 15 people would have already taken the song titles as names lol. Lucked out.

Now, back to business:
    Burning in the Skies live would be an absolute delight :awesome:

I concur with the majority in not seeing Blackout performed live, at least not anytime soon - the setlist has definitely gotten bigger and does anyone really expect not just Chester, but ANY singer, to sing like 10 songs, scream your brains out in Blackout, and then sing another 12 - 13 songs and NOT start coughing up blood or something crazy? That's definitely over exaggerating it, but ... yeah.

I find it funny that most people don't like Robot Boy (I'm not one of them), yet many people want to see it played live. Can hearing a song live possibly make you suddenly like it? Don't know about anyone else, but if I don't like it, I just don't like it lol.

What I want to see live is Wretches & Kings ... withOUT Chester messing up :lgh:

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I would love to see Blackbirds or Pretend to Be live but I have a sense that it's not going to happen lol.

MKH

Blackbirds live would be pretty cool - without Mike's random(?) intro thing.

Pretend To Be is badass, and I love it, but playing it live when you've got stuff like When They Come For Me, Wretches & Kings, and Waiting for the End in the setlist, Pretend To Be would be like ... a downgrade, for lack of a better word. Just my opinion.

PraYer

PraYer Member

My one of the favorite one is "The Iridescent" but I don't know how does it sound in live. Of course "The Blackout" and "Wretches and Kings" are quite powerful.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
    MKH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.