NEED HELPPPPPP!!!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Prano, Oct 20, 2010.

Prano

Prano Member

Hey guys I created a facebook fan page called "Linkin Park (The New Sound!!)" it has been two weeks and it has got 230 members already...But today the page has been HACKED!!! Even my admin rights had been snatched away.. Sorry for posting this here,i'm a big fan from India and my aim was to make more people aware of this band, Linkin Park..please help me!!!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Uh, what do you need help with? Getting the page back under your control? File a report on Facebook.

Prano

Prano Member

ya i want it back...i don't want to let it go in somebody's hand who doesnt know the band well

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Honestly it's entirely possible that Facebook took over the page from you because you were using the band's name.

When you create a page it asks you to authorize that you are posting your own material and that you have full rights to do so. Since the band is trademarked, you technically do not have that right.

I've heard of something similar happening to a Coheed and Cambria page. The band's managers found the page and reported it to Facebook as a fraud and took over the group.

MKH

Especially if you set it up as a band, organization page and not as a community page - band, organization pages are the ones where you have to be an official representative, especially for major acts, be it bands or actors or whatever. Community pages are the annoying ones you get about any and everything and those are usually much more lax - they were designed for "causes," but the majority are for things like "LIKE IF YOU THINK A THOUSAND SUNS IS SEXY."

Which it is, by the way.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

If someone took control of your page, then they hacked into your account. That's weird you are not saying that you can't access to your facebook. So in.the.shadows must be right....

Prano

Prano Member

well if the facebook people has it then i can atleast take a nice breath...i have no problem if its in a good hand.. He EVEN posted in the status you know...and changed the page's picture..

Prano

Prano Member

I worked for this page so much..used to post all the recent news gathered from sites like lpassociation,lplive etc. I never did any injustice i always put this(source:lpassociation.com) below the posts taken from lpassociation. I also asked quizz from which they come to know more and more about the band

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I find it hard to believe you put SO MUCH work into it.

MKH

Agreed. Linkin Park (The New Sound) as in their sound on ATS as in the album that came out a little over a month ago? How much work is it to copy/paste news about a band into a Facebook post...? I don't mean to attack you but if someone DID hack the page and change it up, who would notice/care?

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Seriously, I bet most of your followers hid your little status updates. That's what I did when I used to "like" random shit. Let it go dude.

Prano

Prano Member

ya let it go...i was doing all this shtt to create a big fan base community so that they can come and have a concert in my country, India...we got a lot of fans over here..anyways thank you guys....

Prano

Prano Member

hurrraaahh!! I got my page back!! ;D

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You double posted at least twice in this thread. Please do not double post again. Thank you.