Lift Me Up

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Necifix, Nov 1, 2010.

Necifix

Necifix Well-Known Member

I think the description in the video link is more than enough to justify my thoughts and feelings on the insane amount of work and dedication put into this video. Read down to the spoilers part and then no further, then watch. Watch in 1080p if you can and turn your sound up moderately high :p.

Tell me what you think. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKDqkxtXe2w

P.S. I put this in art because, like art, it can be interpreted in many ways. Think of it as video art, though, I noticed a similarish (non-video) topic got moved to a general album forum. Feel free to move it there if you deem it appropriate, however.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I was skeptical at first, but that was one of the most moving videos I've seen on YouTube. No joke.

Necifix

Thanks. I've not been able to show it to a lot of people, and I really value your reactions... I've added a lot of imagery and such and if something is confusing you, you can read my intended meanings/spoilers part in the description... however, I realize that I constructed the video in a way that is open to interpretation. This was also intended. :)

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'll be honest. The first few seconds, I groaned and thought: "oh boy, another one of these videos, where the user tinkers with some windows media special effects". I thought Travz21 was being sarcastic with his praise!

Fortunately, I watched the whole thing. I thought it was a great video. The message creeps up on you slowly, and definitely hits home. Additionally, the frantic video manipulation actually pulled me into it! Great stuff Necifix! Glad to hear you've gotten your addiction under control.

Necifix

Heh, yeah. At first it is definitely not immediately clear and just seems kinda "hmmm...?". I was going to use Adobe Premiere on it, but, decided against it for the sake of not going TOO overboard. But, I did expect the use of WMM would be deemed a bit childish or the like, so, I tried to at least make it obvious I'm not an idiot lol

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

I won't lie. I personally say that the world of warcraft scenes were unnecassary only because I didn't understand the significance of it. I get what you mean with the whole addiction to WoW but the WoW scenes just dominated the overall video performance. I felt towards the end of the video is when things started to get good. The effects throughout the whole video were also brilliant but again the WoW scenes were a bit overloaded.

It also reminds me of the What I've Done music video and it's messages.
    The inclusion of the Doomsday Clock was also brilliant and really surprised me.

Brilliant vid dude.

Necifix

Yeah, I've had one other person agree with that. I made the video from my standpoint. I was horribly addicted to WoW and I wanted to make the video to narrate the experience I felt. Every touch and feeling and effect and clip in that video is a feeling that I've felt overwhelm me at some point because of my addiction.

I used The Catalyst, my own gameplay clips of the game and other imagery to re-produce the exact chaotic nature and then portrayed it in a more artistic, video form towards the end. I understand not understanding the significance so it can be confusing, though. I made the video from my perspective and as a sort of reflection of my own experience, not just as a general video on addiction. World of Warcraft is what destroyed me and did exactly what the bombs do to people, except, the bomb was my own addiction. I was the city. It seemed everyone watched me fall apart. That's what the video is all about from MY standpoint, but, I made the video fully expecting other people to not understand it or to come up with their own conclusion.