Linkin Park to Play MTV EMA's Tonight!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 7, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Saelie

Saelie Active Member

It's delayed in the US, its 23:15 in Europe atm :]

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Good performance but I think Chester's "rapping" vocals overshadows Mike's vocals in the second rap verse. Great strong performance though, much better than the VMA performance for sure!

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Absolutely great performance, Mike's look worked, as did Chester's get up. Reminded me of his 2004 MTV $2 bill performance a bit :p though its been some years, he pulled off a slightly more mature (mayb) but extremely young look still. Vocals were very good a well :D

Mitch

Mitch YTB

Very solid performance, mint crowd too.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I love the "ohhh oh ohhh" part Mike sings in the background. Phoenix was looking great haha.

It was nice of them to bring the tour crew out on stage :D

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I noticed nobody mentions that in Wretches and Kings they changed a bit the verses from the album.. this EMA is like another i heared, not sure which it was, but Mike says "We don't run when the guns unload" in the second verse, which should be in the first.

Waiting for the end was the best act they did so far of ATS between the ones i've seen.

lpmaniac4000

lpmaniac4000 Active Member

I don't really think Linkin Park (or any of the other nominees for that matter) can really compete with Muse's live show, but congrats to the guys anyway.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

It's true that Muse are sensational live, i was in one. But LP are not less worthy, really. Is all about getting used to the songs, and is easy to see they are adding more and more to each one every live, and getting the habit to play them, so that it comes easier. I think and often i have the impression they try to understand how to change parts of the songs for the next exibition while playing them at the same time.
    But if i look back at 2009, when MTM was out since a while, every song was simply majestic live. ATS songs will be like that in 2011 probably.

Seen so, is also a very subjective insight. None can compare to NIN's graphics flowing during the songs. Muse's singer seems in trance when playing and singing and a twirled creature around his guitar. LP are just spectacular, offering the combo Mike-Chester which is so unique, and the added intros/outros are badass.
    To my personal likes, no one beats Maynard James Keenan in live vocal quality of singing tho.

XeroEP

XeroEP Banned

Uh, whys Chester rapping with Mike? Sounds bad lol. Let Mike do his thaannggg!

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Hey guys what's your source on the setlist? I can't seem to find a legit source for it to post. We didn't have anyone from LPLive go to the show so we aren't really sure. Someone reported WJL wasn't played but Jornada was, but they aren't even sure. They couldn't tell us where WFTE was in the set either. Kinda confused. Couldn't find anything on the MTV EMA site either.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You'll have to wait till Joe is on to get that answer, I wasn't the one who made the edit to the news post so I can't answer that.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I was watching the ema's at a friends house and out of nowhere i get a text message from my mom saying "how the fuck did 30 seconds win best rock? I'm 44 and I even think Linkin Park is one of the best rock bands". I've never been so proud to be her son

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

One of the staff members on this site saw them live (30STM) and said that Jared Leto was the most arrogant lead singer they've ever seen. He basically stood up on the stage like his shit didn't stink, and acted like he was absolutely better than anybody else. LP at least care about their fans.

iNuBBiN

Well another reason i like linkin park is because they are humble(even though they have every right not to be). They dont get all dressed up in outfits to standout or have ridiculous things around them why they perform. They do what they do because they love it. They draw people into there concert without back-up dancers, stupid props, and wear slutty clothes. They could go around acting like they are the greatest(which they are) but they dont

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

dude your 44 and your mom texts you ? o_0 i kidd lol.

iNuBBiN

Nooooooooo thats what she sent me. Its a quote

simSimmy90

simSimmy90 Member

Oh congratulations to the boys of Linkin Park! When I watched them accepting the award I couldn't help but notice Chester's mic was turned off or something? And than all of the sudden his voice was like 'kaa-boom'. As for MUSE, I have yet to see them LIVE in December (2 days after Linkin Park's concert:3 ) and I cannot wait! To me MUSE has the best lighting and Matt's singing is just wonderful! But I'm happy to see that Linkin Park had won! They earnt the recognition! SO happy Lady Gaga did NOT win the 'Live act' award. XD

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I was emailed this set by someone who attended the show, however I've also been doing some digging and someone gave me the identical set but without The Messenger. I know for a fact WJ&L was played, as more and more youtube videos are surfacing of the show, however, I can't find one video of The Messenger out there, at all. Everything else I can confirm, but this was the order I've been given, now three times, but once without The Messenger. It's a little up in the air right now, but this is what I've been given by the majority. I'm sure this will become more clearer soon. It sucks I can't get a 100% certain list, but 2/3 isn't bad, although I can't find confirmation on The Messenger at all, even if it was just an error on their part when submitting it to me.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

thats cool though good relationship with mom, depressing if she was the only person that texts him lmao .
    I was kiddin btw.

simSimmy90

simSimmy90 Member

Seen it once, now I swear MTV is on repeat for the next few days of the EMAs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.