Linkin Park Feels "Energized" to Write New Music on the Road

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LPSoul

LPSoul I find I can't rely on myself...

New Linkin Park songs...soon. Maybe in 2012?

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Sounds good. I'm interested to hear what the guys will come up with after ATS. :)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

LOL. This. :lol:

SamohtCela

SamohtCela The Only Thing That's Worse Than One is None

I'm looking forward to seeing new Linkin Park music at soon.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I think it would be great for some LP side-albums (like collision course and reanimation) to come out in between main albums.
    Always wanted a Reanimation 2.0

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

not agreee....i still listen to ATS once if not more each day...and its gonna go on..for anoher few months i think...

a june or july 2012 album is what i expect ...

i'd love a 'new divide' like single by 2011 end...dat wud be :awesome:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Exactly. This is all I ask. Just give me a single song or two before the next album. I don't care if it's with another artist or like New Divide, just give me something.

Though, after reading this article, I would be shocked if we didn't get a new album by late 2012 at the latest. As they've gained experience, hopefully they got their rhythm down so we don't have to wait 3 long years.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

doesn't mean they'll actually end up using any of the stuff they're writing on the road and in between tours. I predict a late 2012 or early 2013 at the earliest.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think that they will make a album again like ATS with the journey and theme in it? I really dont think LP should try to go above and beyond there experimental rampage they have been on or at least not for another album. I really hope that instead of trying to break down the barriers down, they just write what they enjoy. Not try to de-linkin park it, but mix there new sound with the old sound. That would be a eargasm

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

haha me neither! i know them all too well..they say one thing but change their minds everytime...*cough*Mike*cough*

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Great to hear that the guys are creatively charged, especially coming fresh out of an album. Expecting the album to drop sometime in 2012.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I've been a fan since the Reanimation days, and let me tell you I've heard this tune at least twice before. And that tune is the sound of perfectionists that truly do not know how long they can work before they really feel it's ready. I would expect 2013 at the earliest, 2014 realistically, and 2012 as a miracle.

Them claiming they're writing on the road isn't a new thing either, but with the expansion of new technologies, I bet they mean it in a totally different sense this time. Still, I don't imagine the giant experiments with the giant drums and the different random instruments and stuff going on like they can do at home or at a studio.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

The album will be released on 2014.
    Their comments about their new stuff will be like " we are creating something different than the previous stuff so that later we will get back to our old style and burn it again so that we can be able to make a supernatural new style"
    maaan i'm lost lol :lol:

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Mike and his "we're planning to release music faster and sooner." Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Not gonna be had again Mike Shinoda. So you might as well stop trying to predict your own future.:disgust:

Besides, i am still in my honeymoon phase with ATS. Maybe after i see them on the NA tour and spend a month after that relieving the glory and falling even more in love with ATS(for some reason, seeing the new material live always makes me fall in love with the the songs more) and we start to get used to each other and come down from the high, then maybe i'll start caring about Mike and his outrageous predictions and join the fray of people who are dreaming of a 2012 release.^_^

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Oh God I forgot this is Linkin Park and any sort of speculation about anything from the band will result in loads and loads of moaning and drama somewhere down the line.

Not aimed at anyone in this thread. Yet.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

^^ This

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I suspect 2013. Even though they say they are writing on the road and want to put out music faster, they also started writing Somewhere I belong on the tour bus, and then it was finally finished 18 months later.........

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm inclined to think that the new album will be out in early 2013. They'll tour for a while during 2011, give them some time to rest (even though they say they'll be working, we can't expect them to write all the time), then they'll get started making some new music. I know they are perfectionists and it helps the sound, but some of the demos and instrumentals that they release in LPU albums are actually really good. If they stop criticing themselves so much, then we can expect a 2013 album. Once again, as long as they don't get caught up with a bunch of side projects and more tours.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Early 2013 is my guess. I'm thinking March.

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

On the one hand I think that they don´t need so much time to make new stuff but on the other the selecting process will be more difficult. Anyway...I hope that we will have a new album in 2012 but honestly I don´t think there will be a new full-lenght album before 2013. A single like New Divide and maybe a "live album" in the meantime and I will not complain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.