Old LP vs. New LP - Your opinion

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Polychromatic, Aug 16, 2010.

?

Which era of LP do you prefer?

1. Old (1999-2006)

29.5%
  2. New (2007-current)

70.5%
    LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

I voted for the "new LP", even though I absolutely love HT and Meteora but there is something inside of me that says: "New one´s better".

LPFan4everDS

LPFan4everDS Well-Known Member

ATS>Reanim>HT>MT>M2M (But they are all basically tied minus M2M :) ) I just rate from how much I listen to each album.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

LP has improved so much on their newer stuff compared to their old stuff.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

The Only songs I love from M2M are Bleed It Out and The Little Things Give You Away. I could live without any of the rest.

Umz93

Umz93 Active Member

M2M is their weakest album to day, however it does have a few awesome songs! ATS is so brilliant it cant be comprehended by words. I would die a happy man if their next album was a mixture of old and new style, best of both worlds :)

Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

New. Although it's a kind of unfair view in my eyes. Linkin Park is Linkin Park and nothing will change that. I shuffle their songs on my Ipod and go from No More Sorrow to The Messenger to Runaway and I'm pretty happy knowing they have such a versatile range of musicianship.

But these days I suppose I do listen to their newer stuff more simply because I've grown out of their older material. Hybrid Theory is still listenable, but I often skip a lot of songs on Meteora. That album's just monotonous to me now-- Not terrible, but not their strongest material either.

Dj-Jay

Dj-Jay Active Member

I loved the old stuff when it came out, and i love the new stuff now, when i was younger the older stuff (hybrid theory, meteora) was better for me, but the new stuff is getting more mature and meaningful, against each other for me the new stuff is alot more emotional, which i like

LPFan4everDS

LPFan4everDS Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you!!

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I prefer new currently simply because i connect with them at the stage they're in musically right now. Plus, there is just something about ATS that simply owns my heart. Plus the band seem different somehow and i love it. But it doesn't mean i don't appreciate the old. On the contrary, you can't have the new without the old and i love old LP just as much. Only i wouldn't want old LP forever just like i no longer dress the same i did 10 years ago. I probably look more fondly at the stuff of 10 years ago because it is unique in the part that it isn't being replicated and over killed.