German Projekt Revolution Announced - Three Dates Added

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

yeah that's really amazing! lets play 1308923913 concerts on germany and piss off on the smaller countries, that's simply incredible! have fun

Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191 Member

So you live in Germany and yet it is too far away for you??? I live in f*cking Bosnia and I'm planing to go to one of the shows xD

ArisLP

ArisLP Active Member

+1

the album went very well in other countries too...

Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

Yes, it is. I don't have a car and paying for tickets, hotel and the trip is a bit too much for a poor student like me.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

I'm kind of excited to know the support bands.
    UK PR show would be amazing :p

tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

Haha, this is awesome and totally made my whole week :awesome:

Finally a show in Leipzig, only 1 Hour driving for me :)

And I'm very pumped for the Supporting Acts, get Slipknot or Metallica there and this will be the best night ever, although I highly doubt that ;)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Slipknot and Metallica is a little optimistic. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You do realize that LP has little control over where they tour right? Sure they can put in a preference as to where they'd like to do a show (i.e. Mike putting in a good word for Canadians) but really, the tour dates are figured out by the band's tour manager and usually set up months in advance. Not only that, a tour manager of a multi-platinum award winning rock band is more likely to book a venue in a city that can guarantee a lot of ticket sales (i.e. 10,000+ tickets sold) then a small venue that might only fit about 1,500-3,000 fans overall.

Remember: Bands barely get paid for record sales. And in an economic climate where a band (who at one time were guaranteed multi-platinum record sales with each album) can only sell 678,000 copies of their new album in the US, the band has to look into alternative means to support themselves, which is where touring and merchandising comes into play.

It simply is not financially responsible to play really small venues when you can book a huge venue and sell at least 7 to 8 thousand more tickets than you would've at a small club type setting. The band isn't giving the smaller countries the finger, instead their tour manager is booking venues that guarantee better profit. It's the way the business works.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I understand what you mean and I understand that's not band's fault. I know all that. but their latest shows in Portugal (talking in my case) they played at Rock in Rio for 90k people and 30k people at rock one, and most of the people was there to see THEM, not the other bands...all I can say is that 1 show at a stadium here would get sold without any problems, and I feel a little sad that they (their tour-managers or something) don't care about that. that's just my sadness talking nothing more lol

tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

I have to admit that this is a little unfair to the other countries, I mean we here in germany had them for thee years in a row, but the thing is that the concerts still sold out without any problems and they will always come back till the concerts aren't sold out anymore...

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Derek wins this thread!

Also that picture would make an awesome sig... :awesome: I'm just saying. :lol:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think management go by where the CD has sold the most copies in most cases, where the band have heavy promotion in the media etc, that's how they come to the conclusion of where they play. Dates will come worldwide, it's just a case of being patient unfortunately.

CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

Oh no!

The Hamburg show (the only show I'm able to attend since I live in the Netherlands) is in the middle of the week and in my test week! T_T

and if it's some sort of PR I feel so screwed now... ;/

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hamburg isn't actually listed as a Projekt Revolution show, just the other three dates. Regardless it sucks if you can't make it!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

First part is dead on the money. As a tour manager, would you rather book tickets in a country where the album has sold only 10,000 copies or 100,000? The 100,000 is the much safer bet. Bruno, although you said that the majority of the people were there to see them for those festivals, the secret is that those shows WERE festivals. They were guaranteed good ticket sales.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

not to forget that germany is the second biggest relevant music market.
    anyway, the times where I take trips to their shows is definitely over plus I can't really afford their tickets anymore.

Zara19

Zara19 Member

Im not convinced the UK will be getting a PR date, with the iTunes thing and the Download festival appearance, I cant see it, I know for sure Milton Keynes was in no danger of selling out.

LP can feel free to prove me wrong, perhaps a smaller field, Wollaton Park?

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

This is cool. Glad PR is back in play somewhere. Another US tour soon will be great :D. I've had some of my best memories at any given PR. I hope it makes a return to the US

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Munich! Sounds good. :cool:
    It's a saturday, so chances are very high i'm going to see LP for the first time :awesome: (fan since Hybrid Theory days, however i've never been to one of their shows... "feels ashamed" :lol:), especially as i'm German and they tend to play in Germany very often.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

wether it is a Project Rev Date in Hamburg, i`ll still be be there and rock out ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.