Do you miss the old LP??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by pooldude, Feb 3, 2011.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

Yeah but aren't they paying more people than in the past to run those things?
    And most people who moderated the board were volunteer, I wonder if it's still like that...

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I definitely prefer the website as it was by the end of 2003. :) There was a Q&A section, which was my favourite part of it.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

Sums it up

box1992

box1992 and the sun will set for you

I miss their old sound, i need the heaviness back, and I need mike to start rapping again, but not like waiting for the end. Don't get me wrong their new album is ok, and I guess it will grow on me, but I do not feel that energy anymore, I also relate to their older songs better. I really hope in their next album that they have some songs that have a familiar sound to HT and M, ye they can move in their new direction and what not, but it doesnt mean they have to leave that sounds that millions of people fell in love with behind.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

There's still plenty of it there, just not always presented in the same way. If you say that it seems as though you do just want them to sound the same.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I don't differentiate between "old" and "new." Linkin Park is Linkin Park. I still love their new albums just as much as the old ones.

aKaRiot

aKaRiot LP Fanboy

I do wish they would combine old and new in a beautiful progressive way. That in my mind, would be Linkin Park's masterpiece. Something progressive, heavy, and softer at the same time. Fuck mainstream conventions.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

LP has one of the greatest misfortune of having way too many fans who are still stuck in their angst phase(mostly under 16) and want LP to be stuck there too.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I don't get how so many fans are still stuck in that immature angst stage. I have to be in the youngest fan age group who actually heard Hybrid Theory around the time it came out 10 years ago. I was 12. Hybrid Theory must have gained an incredible amount of younger fans even after Meteora came out for fans to be young enough to still want whiny music here in 2011. I'm only 22 and feel over that stage in my life.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I don't want more angsty music, but I'm only 16. Just sayin :lol:. There's plenty of fans who are close to my age. I actually think of all the fans that want more HT type stuff, 95% of them are probably around my age.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I dont really know how to explain the difference between the two on my likes and dislikes. I really enjoy the new music because of the soft melodies. Like if LP wanted to cut out most of the screaming I would be completely fine, I would complain maybe once for a hard song but I dont really care for those. But I do miss how they use to write there songs. How they use to be about personal feelings. Thats just the music I like, the kind I can connect to, and they use to approach it in a hard/soft way. They would have lyrics that werent full of metaphors, but were easy enough for me to connect to and write my own situation into. The biggest thing that draws me to LP is the sound. The instruments of Breaking the habit, Numb, In the End, SIB. All those just have this crazy sound to it. Like the intro to SIB still excites me to listen to because its so beautiful. Breaking the Habit is just a masterpiece to me, In The Ends piano is so moving, and Numb is just amazing. Now that I think about it I dont miss the screams, angst teen lyrics. I just miss the sound of old LP. I like ATS but it is something I cant see myself listening to in 10 years, like i still do with songs from old albums. ATS just seems to me that they played around for 5 months with a whole bunch of different sounds, finally just slapped a whole bunch together and called it a new style. Where HT and Meteora seems like they put blood, sweat, and tears to make it sound as good as it possible could. Like they said making HT and Meteora was like pulling there teeth out to make, and ATS was just going in the studio and playing with different instruments.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I couldn't disagree more with about 75% of the things you just said :lol:.

iNuBBiN

Awwwww the beauty of opinion. What 25% do you agree with?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I know there's going to be a lot of sentimentality for their old stuff, like I don't feel any, which is fair, and there are going to be people who still relate to it more, but trying to articulate something that's 100% subjective by saying they probably put a lot more effort into it is kind of unfair imo.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

They pulled their teeth and bled making HT because they had a record label on their ass who didn't trust them to their unique style and to know what they wanted. They pulled their teeth with Meteora because they were under pressure to recreate both the sound and success of HT because the world thought HT was a fluke and everyone else wanted the same album again. In terms of creativity, their soul and hard work, the only difference between them making HT/M and ATS is that they got to enjoy the process with the making of ATS understandably given the history. If you can't see that simple thing, then you don't know the band as much as you think you do.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Kinda, not really?

They still play their old stuff at the shows and all that.

Plus, ATS is awesome. I can see your point if you mean MTM though, that was a pile of ______ (fill in the blank).

I really wish they'd change up the old songs actually at the show, I remember Chester saying they were going to do some new stuff to the old songs to make them stand up with ATS at the shows, but then again Chester says a lot of things.......

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

[​IMG]

But yeah I disagree with this statement. I think LP was actually mixed with doing what they wanted and doing what Warner Bros. under past producer Don Gilmore wanted with HT and Meteora (ESPECIALLY Meteora), which was really limiting and at first made LP happy, but then getting them bored. With MTM and ATS, though, with the sight of Rick Rubin, who actually let LP do everything instead of appealing to the label also, I saw what Linkin Park wanted to be: a band not afraid to mix up genres.

Again, as much as I love old LP's sound, new LP's sound is the best for me. Heck, both of them ARE LP's sound.

TannerWolf

TannerWolf It's High Voltage, You Can't Shake the Shock

I actually like the new LP :3

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Sexiness is the only word I can think of that fits :lol:

20. iNuBBiN

I swear nobody can say anything without someone telling them there wrong even if it is a opinion being said. I'm just saying to me thats why there first 2 are classic albums is because they put so much work into making them as you stated they were under huge pressure to make a hit album. I love ATS, I listen to it almost every night. I'm just trying to say thats why I feel like the first to have so much in them. With ATS being more of a experimental album it seems like they were messing around a lot with different things and then focusing on it. Haha ATS just messes with my emotions to much on how I feel about it. Oh and hybridsoldier, I actually love MTM, Valentines Day and In Pieces are amazing!!!!!!!!