RESCHEDULED: Houston TX & Dallas TX Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park have today cancelled the February 17th Dallas TX date and rescheduled it for MARCH 2ND, as well as rescheduling the already cancelled February 15th Houston, TX show and moving that to MARCH 3RD. However, Linkin Park have confirmed that these will be the only shows to be rescheduled, and the Washington DC, Uncasville, CT and Cincinnati, OH dates will remain cancelled. Check out the details and new dates below:

Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center: Wednesday March 2nd 2011
    Houston, TX - Toyota Center: Thursday March 3rd 2011

"The Linkin Park show originally scheduled for February 15th in Houston, TX at Toyota Center has been re-scheduled for Thursday, March 3rd. Tickets for the postponed 2/15 date will be honored. Fans who cannot attend the show on the rescheduled date can return their tickets for a refund. All refund questions should be directed to 866-4-HOUTIX.

Also, the show originally scheduled for February 17th in Dallas, TX at American Airlines Center has been rescheduled for Wednesday, March 2nd. All tickets for the postponed 2/17 date will be honored on March 2nd. For those unable to attend the March 2nd date, refunds will be available at point of purchase. Any questions should be directed to Ticketmaster customer service at 800-653-8000. Tickets are still available for purchase.

If you purchased your tickets to either of these shows through www.linkinpark.com check your email over the next few days for details on how your ticket will be re-issued or if you cannot attend, how you will receive your refund.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reschedule the Washington DC, Uncasville, CT and Cincinnati, OH dates at this time. We sincerely apologize to our fans affected by these cancellations and thank you for your understanding. We are currently working on ways to make it up to you."

Special thanks to mikeshinoaclan.com for the heads up!

Source: linkinpark.com via mikeshinodaclan.com

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I would hope that they would try to reschedule the other canceled dates as well. I know there's a lot that goes into doing that and the venues would have to agree to it, but still. I wonder why this one was rescheduled so quick.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hmm, definitely, what worries me about the other dates is that they have already gave out refunds haven't they? Would be hard to reschedule it and honour tickets, and put new ones up for sale. They would have to re-sell tickets for the the shows, which wouldn't be a problem really, although people may be annoyed getting a refund and then having to re-buy tickets AGAIN, haha. I guess there's a glimmer of hope with this reschedule though.

Brandon

I had tickets to the DC show and I've yet to receive that email with the details on how to get a refund.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yeah it's good they aren't just straight up canceling dates but what the fuck is wrong with Chester? This is nuts

Brandon

He has a bad case of the flu. It's not something completely out of the ordinary, people get horrible flu's all the time this time for the year.

But for a guy who is traveling across the country in only a couple of days and has to go sing and scream his ass off (while burning 1400 calories holy shit) almost every night, I'm not surprised at all the doctor has had him not performing for the past week. He needs bed rest and some soup like the rest of us.

LIFTMEUPLETMEGO

LIFTMEUPLETMEGO Member

Ct must be next!!!!

This is a glimmer of hope that the show in connecticut will also get rescheduled. They would just be screwing with the fans if they only rescheduled this show.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Great, now BOTH the Texas shows are on a Thursday. Eff Chem lab D:

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

Umm...Dallas on March 2nd and Houston on March 3rd. How can they both be on a Thursday? ;)

D Rock

D Rock Member

Great news on the rescheduled dates! Here is hoping for cincy part 2!

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

I'm glad some shows are getting rescheduled at least. :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

This is great news!

Has anyone actually received an email about the refunds for the first three cancelled shows yet? I agree with Joe. If they have already given refunds then I don't think they will be rescheduling them any time soon. It seems so silly to refund the tickets and then make people buy them all over again :unsure:

Brandon

My show was the first canceled and I haven't gotten anything yet. Can't say about anyone else though.

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/houston-and-dallas-shows

"Unfortunately, we are unable to reschedule the Washington DC, Uncasville, CT and Cincinnati, OH dates at this time. We sincerely apologize to our fans affected by these cancellations and thank you for your understanding. We are currently working on ways to make it up to you."

Rescheduled dates for those don't look good then. :(

D Rock

D Rock Member

I was just about to post that! Well I found out instead of getting the VIP tickets from the twitter contest I will receive the Deluxe Box Set of A Thousand Suns and a tour poster. Better than nothing I suppose :D

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

Thats cool to hear that they are rescheduled! I think, and i am sure that they are reschedule the other shows too!

Kirbyscream

Kirbyscream Active Member

I haven't received any refund information about the Cincinnati concert yet.

Maybe they could schedule a concert in Columbus?

Please? :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Since they're rescheduling... they should add some more Canadian dates while they're at it ;) haha. Just dreaming.

D Rock

D Rock Member

A Columbus show at Nationwide Arena would be amazing... I could WALK to the show! I live right in the Arena District!

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I am the happiest boy in the entire world right now. Not only does Dallas get moved only like 2 weeks back, we get a well rested Chester performing. Couldnt have worked out better for us :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.