Death...

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hawk, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's just a nitpick but centaurs are the ones that have a whole horse's body, and the upper body of a human where the head and neck would be. :p

2. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I believe that heaven and hell are an equilibrium to life. You can't have one without the other, Yin and Yang, etc.

3. Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

When i was young i never wanted to believe in death or we ever going to die ..But i knew there is Heaven where good people go to ..
    Hell where bad people go to... i never wanted to die cause i didn't knew how it would be like ..i kept that way never caring about death till i was 15 when my Dad died then i came to believe we are all dying and i have to care about what i do and have to be committed to Religion.. that's my belief about death now

4. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

So because you finally realized that people actually die, you then started to take religion seriously?

5. Gloomy Mushroom

I never took religion classes seriously. I only agreed to take them because it got me out of going to assembly, And I still don't. In fact, when a bunch of Christian preachers came to our school, we bagged the hell out of them and checkmated them on several notes.

Then we got detention because we right but the teachers thought it was a version of blasphemy. >.<

The reason why I don't take religion seriously, is because I don't need a book or scripture dictate my beliefs. Sure I uphold some beliefs of many religions, and I do believe in a God but not just one. I don't go on preaching my beliefs to people. I ask, they explain, I understand (doesn't mean I always agree).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

My philosophy is just not to think about it and live your life. I still don't know whether I would call my self an atheist. Just not religious...at all. I don't think I've ever been in a church on a Sunday. But by no means do I go around telling people there isn't a God.

7. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I really do NOT understand the negative connotations associated with atheists and being called one or admitting to being one. All atheism is a lack of belief.

If you do not believe in a god you are an atheist. Even people who believe in a god are atheists because there are a thousand other gods that people believe in that they don't so everyone is an atheist to one god or another. It's that simple.

Just don't understand people saying "I don't know if I can say myself atheist" no offense dumbledore but hell, if you don't believe in any god you are an atheist and if you believe that there could be a god and there is not one then you are an agnostic atheist. :lol:

Eitherway, I don't believe in heaven or hell. I use to and it damaged me very much emotionally and probably kept me from doing a lot of unharmful and innocent things.

8. travz21

He doesn't wanna label himself an atheist because they are shunned for being so damn logical.

Seriously though, atheists get a bad rap. A lot of people think we worship the devil, have no morals, and live life as evilly as possible. That just stems from the fact that the average person is moronic when it comes to anything religious. They don't discover things on their own and just believe what they are told from higher religious figures.

9. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Fun fact: There are more Muslims in the US Congress than Atheists. That's how much we are hated and treated like lesser beings in this country. I can see someone being reluctant to come out as Atheist, but the more people who openly admit to being Atheist, the fewer places the bigoted religious people have to hide. The more of us there are, the stronger we become as a group. Atheists and gays have a lot in common in terms of people lying about it and being discriminated against for it.

10. Jesse

I've felt similar to this frequently.

11. travz21

It does feel that way. The average homosexual and atheist both seem hesitant to tell the truth on the matter. It's ridiculous how society almost forces them to do that.

It still annoys me that I have to even label myself as atheist. Why should I need to label myself for a whole system that is totally made up? Just because people thousands of years ago felt the need to make up religion, I have to also make up a fake name for something that also doesn't exist?

12. Jesse

I do find unicorns more plausible than either heaven or hell to be honest. Not that I believe in unicorns, just that it seems more likely to see a horse with a horn than there to be life after life has ended.

13. Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

on the other page good points were made.
    the devil doesn't like god, so if god send atheists down to hell i swear it would be one huge party with beer and stuff.
    while up in heaven is all quite and calm, my friend who believes in god says you dont get thirsty or hungry or anything...no offense but hell ftw!

14. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

I don't understand why being religious gets a bad rep either.

And yes, I don't understand why Atheists get a bad rep either.

Must be people's perceptions. Hmm.

15. travz21

It does?

16. lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

I find it funny that people think atheists get a bad rep while some believe that religious people get a bad rep...I think everyone just gets a bad rep :lol: Seriously though I just think those who get a bad rep (Religious/Atheists) are just the ones that like to act holier-than-thou in their beliefs and try to shove them down peoples' throats. You're an atheist? Ok that's cool, but feel free to not act as if I'm crazy or as if I'm automatically wrong for whatever I believe in. You're religious? (And I'm not specifying any religion here) Ok that's cool, but don't condemn me and/or try to convert me to YOUR beliefs simply because I don't share your views.

As for me, I was raised Catholic but I grew away from the church because I disagree with their views. At times I felt I should identify myself as an atheist but there are times where I'm not sure if that's what I believe but I try to live by my own set of rules and try to make sure I don't get bad karma. If I (for some reason) get reincarnated, I would hope I come back as some rich person...or maybe I'll get lucky and come back as the granddaughter of Mark Zuckerberg...that would be nice.

17. Gloomy Mushroom

Proof that the American congress is a living and breathing pile of hypocrisy. Thanks for that fun fact.

18. Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

I
    always took religion seriously ..but death never... cared about that we will be judged for what we do in life.
    I began to take it seriously about 'death' and that t can come any timr and you have to be prepared..
    Wait a second , i believed that people die...but it would be expected.. much confusing ..sorry

19. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I wouldn't put being an atheist on a level with being gay, whatever country you're from. I mean, I don't think either should be discriminated against, but one's generally a conscious choice and the other isn't. The same goes for discrimination against any sort of religious views... if having whatever views you have is hard, it's still probably a piece of cake compared to dealing with something you're stuck with that people still have an irrational hatred of.

I'm not saying anyone has done that, I just felt like putting out there.

20. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I'm not sure what youre getting at here. Yeah, the US congress is a pile of hypocrisy but that has nothing to do with the religion of its members. The members of congress are elected by the people. I posted that to make a point. So many people in this country have an irrational hatred of Muslims, even to go so far as to falsely label our president of one in an attempt to smear him, and yet, they still have elected more Muslims to Congress than Atheists.

Granted, its not many more. There are 2 Muslims in Congress and one Atheist. Out of 535 members.