20.02.11 - San Diego, CA

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

I really hope we do get a setlist with Blackout, it's the one song from ATS I really want to hear live in person. See you there maybe? I got floor tickets.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Yep I'll be there on the floor. I'm doing the Music For Relief booth but I'll be down there right before LP comes on and I'm always hanging out on the floor until security makes us leave. Probably will be talking to Pooch post show. Find me on Twitter (@Hahninator) or Facebook (Mark Terrell) or something, send me a text and I'd love to meet up.

I saw Blackout at the Miami show soundcheck like x10 (lol) and it was fucking sweet. I'd love to see it at a show. With how the sets are going now it looks like we're getting it!!

thekyan

thekyan Member

The show was awesome! The prodigy really got the crowd pumped and linkin park put on an amazing show. I kinda wanted w&k but it was still a great show. Chester was full of energy and has probably fully recovered. I caught a drumstick from brad and a pick from phoenix which made the show even better! Best concert ever!

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This was basically my setlist with Faint and BIO swapped. Still don't understand why they take out Wretches and Kings and put it Lying From You :rolleyes:

Anyways, glad to hear Chester is back to good health. Hopefully they close this tour in one piece, haha.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Awesome! Glad you had a great time! I agree too, W&K shouldn't have gone anywhere!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Why do people assume, based on the absence of Blackout in this setlist, the LA show will have it?

Although I'm more concerned with tomorrow's show in San Jose. I really hope Lying From You is replaced with Wretches and Kings, they keep Burning in the Skies, and Blackout IS preformed.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

Because LP has played 4 different setlists this tour (really 5, or you could argue 6 but I'm trying to be simple here for you).

A-ATL is like A1 with Papercut opening instead of Wretches (which was A1 when Wretches opened it so I'll include that as the same one here since A1 isn't being played anymore). A-ATL was played in Vegas. The band played 3 other setlists after that - B11, B13 and C6 (formerly C5).

C6 has Burning In The Skies. B11 and B13 both have Blackout. Since A-ATL (or whatever they called it in Vegas, maybe A-LV or something lol) was played in Vegas and C6 was played in San Diego, it's assumed that since B11 and B13 are left, it's very likely that LA will get one of those setlists. We know they don't rotate in order, so it's possible San Jose will get C6 again or something but since B11 and B13 haven't been played recently I'd say it's 75% sure LA will get Blackout.

That's why we said that, lol. It has to do with them rotating the setlists. Wretches & Kings isn't in any setlist except the A-ATL one they played in Vegas...it's in 1 out of 4, Lying From You is in 3 out of 4 (B11, B13 and C6), and Burning In The Skies is in 1 out of 4 (C6). You're very likely to get Lying From You but not likely to get Burning In The Skies or Wretches & Kings.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Damn, you've got this down to a science. haha Where do the names for these setlists come from?

And that's a little disappointing. I really wanted more ATS songs.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

From the setlists themselves. Usually the official set lists (the ones the band has printed out) have an alpha-numerical code printed on them. Example, B11-B13-C5 etc. Usually there's a base setlist ("B") and the number signals alternations or slightly different versions of that base setlist.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I guess in the end anything is possible though, so I can still hope. lol

tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

Not gonna lie, I want them to perform Robot boy! If only they would perform it at the LA show.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Have they still not played Robot Boy?

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Nope, they haven't played it yet.

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
    tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

And that's why I want them to play it , because it's their only song from ATS they haven't performed.
    Probably not gonna happen, but who knows...

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

My Review/Thoughts

Did DIOYY? play? Cause if they did, glad i got there late enough to have missed them and their boring set.

But i got there on time to catch The Prodigy.

The Prodigy:

I know nothing about this band. I download the EP on LP.com but i couldn't be bothered to download a program to unzip the file so...

But they were impressive. I actually think they go well with LP and they are the best kind of openers because they get the crowd pumped up. Although even though a band may not be my cup of tea or i am unfamiliar with them, i think i would want to watch their performance if i was paying to see them. I was baffled by the lot of people who were milling outside instead of going to see this wonderful performers. And The Prodigy were fantastic. I got into many of their songs on the first listen. But enough about them.

Linkin Park:

What can i say. I enjoyed this show. LP were fantastic. I don't know how they always manage to make me fall in love with them even more than i already have. It's quite horrific that they only played 5 ATS catalog not counting the interludes but i didn't mind. The band put on a good show and i enjoyed even Lying From You; the one song i wish they would permanently replace with W&K. I even sang along(badly) to Given Up. Another one i think they should replace permanently with Blackout. The band performed them so well and were so energetic that i couldn't help but love every minute. Watching them perform When They Come For Me was a highlight. Mike was badass as usual.

I love watching Brad now. He has established some kind of a presence on stage, the likes i've never seen from him. Usually, he was a statue from beginning to end. But on this tour or the shows i've seen, he is more interactive and energetic and you could totally tell he was having fun with the songs as much as we were.

Chester was his usual energizer bunny self jumping around and working up a sweat. He is fun to watch. Although i worried for a second when he fell over himself but that was just him getting caught up in the song. I think it was Given Up.

My favourite performances were Iridescent, When They Come For Me, Papercut, Burning In The Skies( i love the ooooh Chester does in the intro before Mike's first verse. It makes the song so much better) Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, In The End, Waiting For The End and The Catalyst. I really loved The Catalyst. That song makes me want to dance my ass off. Too bad i have no actual rhythm but that didn't stop me. Fun times. The best part of that song was the two guys in front of me who were doing a slo-mo dance sequence to the ending which was fun to watch and made it more memorable. We all screamed when the intro to BITS came on and i knew i was among my kind of fans.

LP sure has a diverse demographic of fans. Everyone from their five year old brothers and sisters to their 90 year old grandpa was there to see LP.

Mike was adorable. Did i forget to mention that part?:awesome:

The crowd was insane. It added to the overall experience. Nothing like a fired up crowd who screams at everything and gets excited for anything related to LP. It was fun. I don't even know what the point of a seat is. No one sat down from the moment the first notes of The Requiem played to the lights came on. The reception to the new songs was excellent. Looks like the audience is finally catching up to the awesomeness of ATS.

Performance = 10

Mike Shinoda's adorableness = :awesome: = 10

Amount of ATS material played = 7

Sound = 9

Crowd = 10

Final rating = :clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.