"Burning In The Skies" Video Premiere!

Discussion in 'News' started by Agent, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

Holy shit that makes a lot of sense.

2. maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

I watched the video 6 times. And after that i can tell you that Linkin Park is making a Movie. Like you said in the other posts this is kind of movie. The video is brilliant, the history is brilliant.

Don't forget, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Regular people, dying from one moment to other.
    But this time is on USA.

I don't know if is one of the best videos or not, but ATS is the best Album of the Band and the videos are telling us a history and this history is very well told.

3. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I like it b/c it's something different than anything they have done in music videos.. that's what LP is all about.. it seems like the parts where lp are in the video could have came from wfte video

4. Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

IMO this video makes perfect sense and goes along with the song perfectly. When the song goes "the blood of innocence burningin the skies" in my interpretation means that an atomic bomb would obviously kill innocent people and showing the little boy is a perfect illustration of that. I think that old man having dinner knows that something is going to happen. But what's the guy who looks really stressed and you just see his face.

5. Necifix

Necifix Well-Known Member

I think it's absolutely horrendous. I get the theme, but, it does an awful job of capturing the song. I am a rapt LP fan and this is their worst music video to date, period. I'm sorry I'm not a diehard fanboy that loves everything they make, just saying how I feel.

6. BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

The beginning is really slow.. how its meant to be.. but when they band apprears %%%%... EPIC

7. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Honestly, first LP vid I've liked in a long time.

8. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'm not sure if you meant it, but please don't imply that people who disagree are fanboys.

9. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Of course people can think what they want but let me point out one thing...

A good CONCEPT =/= a good video.

10. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the idea more than the video itself. It's not bad, but it isn't that great either. Joe has a love for really tight shots and as a result he makes everything very personal. It's not a bad thing, but when you're trying to portray the jolts of something similar to a nuclear blast there needs to be a much broader scope for the audience to understand what's going on.

His portrayal of all the characters before the weapon hits is pretty good. We get see what's occupying their lives before the bomb(?) hits and the transitions work well. I was especially a fan of the screaming girl cut before the kid with the lion mask. And the Godzilla mask beforehand was great. Interesting that he was wearing the face of a character born from nuclear fire.

But we could've used more angles of the device/bomb/light flying through the air and a much more dramatic shot of the shock wave. Again, seeing the explosion from the interior of the car keeps it personal, which seems to be Joe's intention most of the time, but it's not outstanding enough to convince some people that this thing is going to distort the characters' lives. We see what it does to them at the end, but the few shots of the explosion weren't powerful enough to get me to buy it.

I did, however, like that it wasn't band-centric and that there were some loose connections to both The Catalyst and Waiting for the End.

11. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Reminded me of that Chappelle's Show sketch "Everything is cooler in slow motion"

I liked the video, the imagery was beautiful, especially the kid with the masks. It was different and had a fitting memento mori theme i.e. "remember you will die"

12. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

I watched this video this morning, and thought about it all day. I finally concluded that it's a great video! It really makes me think of the 'Minutes Era', sure the last two videos were great with their super FX, but this one tells a more intimate story, and it really works!!!

13. Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

possibly the old man's wife was a victim of the bombs in japan?

14. Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

very plausible

Mind you, he'd be way older if he had a wife during WW2.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  15. Vic

Vic No game no life

maybe she was his mother lol

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  16. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

i hope..d video is incomplete..or rather...ders is much more(destruction) towards the ending part..which will be revealed later...and possibly some of the slower motions wil b at normal speed to make up for d time...

17. Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

This video makes me think about those old RANDOM and CHEAP Reanimation promo videos.

the concept is good, last moments of the lives of innocent people, but it really feels weird, cheap, slow.. boring...

Mr. Hahn whats wrong with you? bring back Romanek, or romaneck dont remember well.

18. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Getting a bit soft on us eh Satan. :lol:

19. Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

Watching Burning in the Skies then Waiting for the End and then The Catalyst seems to create a narrative.

Also i like the BitS video. Very unique for a Linkin Park video. Also it seems to intensify when lyrics do. The songs odd structure works well with the video.

20. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

haha, perhaps it's the separation anxiety of being banned from heaven lulz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.