Fourth LP Single

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Feb 24, 2011.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Well I think it really just depends on what song they feel will fit in with the "story" of the current videos maybe? Iridecent for sure, but after that? Its all just a guess. For all we know they may stop after Iridecent.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I hope they release a gritty song as a single. The two that fit the bill are W&K and WTCFM, and I'm a huge fan of the latter. Plus they've also played that on SNL... maybe they will release it as the next single.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Looking back, I wish When They Come For Me would have been the first single. It seems like it would have been a strong first statement to make about the album/the band.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Agreed Xero. Especially with the lyrical content.

I vote WTCFM as the final single. I know it has a lot of cursing, but as LP proved on SNL...that's rather easy to clean up.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Agreed, I actually thought that version was more listenable than the cursing one, i'm surprised how well they are performing the song live, sounds awesome. :headbang:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The Catalyst isn't a "Sing;e-y" song either. Which is why they chose it to be one. Blackout would give a lot of fans a chance to see how diverse Linkin Park can be.

That song is
    1. Soft
    2. Heavy
    3. Energetic
    4. Fast
    5. Slow (at the end)

It's perfect!

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I agree, a 'gritty' song would be best. I'd like to see Blackout or Wretches and Kings. W&C would be on every sports highlight reel/action movie soundtrack that comes out this spring. Would put LP out there more.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The Iridescent thing is not fake news. Zane asked Mr. Hahn and that's what he said. I was standing right next to him.

As for a 5th single, I'd vote for WTCFM as well. Glad to see that I was proven wrong that they in fact can make the censoring work.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

I'd like a W&K video with Mike and Chester as leaders of opposing forces, giving motivational speeches to their soldiers and ending with an epic showdown.

Of course it must include samurais, robots, chicks with gatling guns, and explosions. And no slow motion.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Mike also threw the Idea of Iridescent being a single out on the table on the meeting of a thousand suns video.

Manu

And ATS came with a sticker on the cover that says "Featuring The Catalyst, Waiting for The End and Iridescent".

Benjamin

Though, I guess it's not impossible that Mr. Hahn was fucking with us because he thought it was a dumb question or something :lol:. But he sounded very serious.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I agree with you. I don't think WTCFM, Blackout or W&K would fit in with their "story". The only other song that I think will fit is maybe The Messenger but I doubt they would ever release this as a single. Robot Boy doesn't seem like single material to me either, it's just so hit and miss with the fanbase.

I would love it if WTCFM was a single at some point though.

Manu

I wouldn't. I'd love it if they decided to keep one of their best songs known only to their fans for once.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I thought about this for a while....but if Linkin Park does go with the 5 album singles, I've concluded that the remaining two have to be iridescent and When They Come For Me. It just seems so obvious now.
    However @Derek, I don't really believe that When They Come For Me would have been a good 1st single. Though we may think it now, the idea of that being the first single back in August would have completely freaked everybody here out to a point where it was just not a good idea anymore. When They Come For Me was definitely one of the songs I had the hardest time to get used to.

anyhow, i'd certainly love to have singles for all 9 A Thousand Suns songs. The idea of a Mr. Hahn Blackout, When They Come For Me, and Robot Boy is just so entertaining for me to think about. I think those three would make great videos.

Benjamin

Anyone who says that Waiting for the End would not have been the best choice for the first single is on fucking drugs.

Well, in terms of money anyway

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

You can't get enough, you take and take and take and take...

Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

I agree with that !

pooldude

pooldude Give it all away just to hav someone to go home to

lol....you are damn awesome......i am disappointed in you

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Actually, I'm disappointed in you because you of all people should know that LPs and singles are two different formats in the first place.