Linkin Park: Live From Madrid DVD to be Released in A Thousand Suns Re-Issue

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Meh concert and meh idea.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Great way to snag some more sales for ATS!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

If the album itself also has some extra b-sides included, then I'd get it, but we'll wait and see. However, I am a bit of a sucker for getting multiple versions of an album, just to have each of it's releases, seeing as I already have three different versions of A Thousand Suns :lol:

tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

Well if you love Linkin Park like I do, then you would most likely buy it.

ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I'll buy it, sure, since I've only seen the Waiting For The End performance from Madrid and that was a pretty decent performance but urgh, it's a bummer having to buy the album again just to get the DVD especially when you thought you'd have the whole package after spending NZ$130 on the Deluxe Edition.

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

i really hope this doesnt end up being the 3d hype.. yeah.. it was a great performance.. but.. when i see chester wearing that cap i just cant help but to think of bono... not sure why.. but it eats me inside just a tad.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

i always feel like chester went through a bono phase during M2M. i even heard a hint of U2 in the album. but i might be crazy.

im really digging the idea everyone has been saying about another LIT in the sense that they do separate shows and just put em together in one DVD. thatd be awesome.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

As far as the interludes go, you can bet money that The Requiem, Empty Spaces, and The Radiance will be included, and Jornada Del Muerto and Wisdom, Justice, and Love will not. Jornada Del Muerto was the only track omitted from the MTV broadcast, and as of late January, Martin Luther King's estate is no longer allowing LP to release live recordings of Wisdom, Justice, and Love (hence why it has been omitted from all of the recent DSP releases).

And Pooch really isn't on a need-to-know basis regarding physical releases (except for ones that require him to be involved in the production process, such as Road to Revolution). He's the FOH mixer and handles the DSPs, that's his main thing. For example, the live versions of Hunger Strike and Crawling on Songs from the Underground were mixed by Pooch for what was supposed to be a Chris Cornell/LP collaborative radio single, but those plans were canned. Pooch had no idea about them being released in any other manner until SFTU was already available.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

if this is the performance i think they're talking about: meh

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Hmm so far good for people who don't own ATS but nothing for those who already own ATS except for collectors maybe.

I already own 3 copies of ATS, Speical Edtion CD/DVD, Standard Edtion(friend bought it for me not knowing I already got the album) and Deluxe edtion box set. I think I'm set for the moment! :awesome:

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

its similar to Live From Milton Keynes?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

Meh. I like the MSG (Fuse Live Show) better :/ I think this concert was sloppy in MY OPINION.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I love the band and support their music, but I agree. There were a lot of rough spots in this show as some of the songs off of ATS had not been thoroughly practiced, and that's why I can't understand why the band is hanging onto this performance so much. They've now released an iTunes EP of it, and are planning to make a DVD of it. It's not a full setlist...there's a few mistakes, and it's just not one of their best. Sure the camera angles were impressive but that's all this concert has going for it.

tschenneck

tschenneck Well-Known Member

It should be clear that this is completely bullshit. Re-releasing a Live Record that already everybody got and that has the weakest setlist of the whole ATS World Tour is just...meh :rasberry:

Warner, EPIC FAIL :rolleyes:

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

But see if you really had payed attention, tech this show was not part of the ATS World Tour, it was part of the MTV EMAs. Everyone that went to the show got to see the boys for free and nobody there really expected them to play more than two songs that would have been recorded for TV. Pooch never made a DSP for download (on LP.com) and it went straight to iTunes.

I could ramble on about how this show wasn't 'as good as MSG'. To be frank, I liked the Madrid show, that was a different, more traditional stage that they were performing on. There were errors at MSG too (effects during BTH didn't work, but Chester carried on and no one really noticed until they listened to the DSP.) Fuse didn't record (or show for that matter) songs that where played at MSG. So there.

--RS

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

One word - Pointless.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I guess I'll have to watch both shows again since no one seems to think Madrid was superior to MSG other than me :lol:

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

So, this is what you can see on linkinpark.com :

[​IMG]

SabiLP

SabiLP Well-Known Member

Yeah. The cover looks... weird.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

woah, is that the cover? ^^^^ :ermm:

Well I'll definitely pass on this one I think. Though it'll be great for the live ATS songs, its basicially stuff we've already got/heard a million times now. If this was a full Live ATS set then I'd gladly by the album twice. But unless they suddenly wip out a b-side for the CD i'll pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.