Linkin Park - Part of Me (Demo) Lyrics

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Evolution888, Mar 5, 2011.

Evolution888

Evolution888 Member

It's kinda weird posting this now that they have their Fourth studio album and not everyone has heard this song... but I was recently going through my Linkin Park collection and noticed this with the song "Part of Me". To my knowledge there are 4 different times this song has been released (although the LPA song section only lists 3). The reason why I bring this up is that I hope someone from the staff can add a new lyric sheet up there for this version of "Part of Me" thats on "Hybrid Theory 8-Track Demo CD" (if anyone still has or remember this from the lplive.net upload a while back). I went through all the different versions of "Part of Me" that i have and I found out the first verse has 3-4 lines that are different at the end of it.

"new cuts cover where the old ones are
    so tired of making the same mistakes again and again
    this is something that just wont end
    and i cant let myself be
    the man that's staring in the mirror through me"

The rest of the song is exactly the same as the ones that appear on Hybrid Theory EP and Songs from the Underground.

Thank You for taking your time to read this and in advance if any of the staff here could kindly post it up ^^

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I have that version of the track, and I'd be happy to post the different lines some other time. I am EXHAUSTED right now though, so look for it tomorrow, should have it up then.

Edit: Oh I'm sorry, I read that at first like you just wanted someone to post the lyrics. :p

Well I'll post them tomorrow anyway, in case someone wants a base from which to post them to the site itself.

Evolution888

Evolution888 Member

I have all of it... it's just that I want the site itself to be updated... sorry if my post is a little confusing XD....

on another note... i also notice that "Blackbirds" and "The Wizard Song" is missing from the list :eek:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

HTEP/Songs from the Underground version (both versions are identical, and LPA's lyrics also have a few errors in them):

9-track demo version:

8-track demo version:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I assume these are the corrected versions that you've quoted? If so I'll fix them tonight.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

:eek: How could we forget "The Wizard Song".

Evolution888

Evolution888 Member

Yep those look like the correct lyrics quoted. Thx Doc Oct !!

and Thx to Derek for updating the site ~ ^^

The LPUX CD is also missing from the "Full Discography List"... it just needs to be updated ~... and the singles from ATS too :p

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Just FYI, the Part of Me Demo where Chester screams is probably my second favorite LP song, after Papercut, the song has everything! Although I do like the bridge in the final version now.

AlexSR

AlexSR Member

VERY true - that screamed 'cut myself FREEEE' is one of the best LP moments out there!