A Thousand Suns - Youtube Responses

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by TimeSpree, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

You are still fundamentally saying that you need "experience" or "knowledge" to judge music, that is just wrong, that is my opinion, as an artist myself I do not believe in a fabricated class system, music is a form of art, and art is different in everyones' eyes.

Another jab at my previous posts in another thread? Tut, tut.
    Nearly half of all the people I have heard discuss The Catalyst bring up the techno influences, irrelevant again but I'll clear it up anyway.

Says the person who criticised fans opinions because they were "no-names" earlier in the thread, dismissing their opinions as being wrong, first amendment my ass.

Everybody has been aware of that since 2005.

Don't click on the videos then I guess.

You kind of just.. said nothing there ultimately, except that by discussing their opinion, it is a waste of their time (when ironically you are discussing your opinion on them having an opinion) and you think their videos serve no meaningful purpose, all types of media are the same when it boils down to humans simply communicating with each other, so in that sense you are suggesting you are wasting your time?

That was very tedious, but partly necessary as I hate contradiction and ignorance.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

This coming from the guy who was previously telling people they don't know good music and are fanboys if they disagree with him. I guess the subjectivity and objectivity of things like music and music videos and the meanings of words change depending on whether or not they suit you.

lol...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is a really dumb argument. Just sayin' :lol:

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

I never said any of that, you can't just outright make up lies and claim that I said them, that is pathetic, come back when you want to discuss a topic.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I didn't say they were wrong. I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. And my ass, that's first Amendment.

Do you only read replies to what you say or do you read the entire thread? Did I not say to Dean, that I don't click on them?

I kind of just said.....I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinion I have a problem with the medium they use. Read.

What Dean said.

TimeSpree

TimeSpree Banned

Castiel I am not going to try and debate with you, every other sentence you are writing now is a contradiction to the other and all you do is refer to posts I made last week, take what I say out of context and try to use it against me, the same goes for Dean, Dean I don't understand how blatantly making up things that I have said is going to get this discussion anywhere, you are both impossibly hard to communicate with it seems, all of this twoddle about one form of media being better than another to voice your opinion amounts to nothing in the end, either you like the album or not, leave it there and stop nit picking my opinions, and stop with the subtle patronism, its childish and only incites arguments.
    Dumbledore replied very maturely to your comment on Youtube earlier on in the thread, where you claimed that the video comments were a waste of time, you should take the message from it:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Alright, can we all knock this shit off and start being constructive in this thread? This goes to everyone currently involved in this 'argument'.

Otherwise this thread is going to be closed.

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

After watching the guy who heard ats for the first time I'm now really considering not reading any reviews or listening to any previews next time until the whole album is out.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Not winning. :lol:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I would just like to say, I support people to express their opinion and don't care in what ways they do it as long as its not harming anyone.

People want to post their voice on youtube, so what? It's much faster than having to try to gather thoughts and type then out in a word processor or paper or what ever. If it makes them happy, and there are others who want to see it, what does it matter to anyone else and why would anyone get butthurt over it? It's completely stupid stupid to care about, much less argue about.

What does it matter what medium it is if it's still getting out regardless?

It's just a silly argument is what I'm trying to say, because obviously people care what others are saying or people wouldn't keep viewing and the posters wouldn't keep posting.

RichiRich

RichiRich Member

Funny I should find myself being discussed in a thread :p You know if you want to go smash your head into a wall, by all means feel free to do so ^^

I'm sorry mate but I really haven't listened to the radio for years, and I don't think all music has the same structure. I was comparing ATS to HT and Meteora, which do have the same structure. It was basically this : they all had intros, 2 verses of Mike rapping, 2 choruses and a bridge.

Robot Boy is a horrible song. It's repetitive shit and really boring. After having heard the album a couple of times, I really like Burning in the Skies, Waiting for the End and a few others, but Robot Boy is just awful.

Oh and wtf is that cricket skit? Did that really have to be a track by itself..? I smell laziness...

In any case mate, you're confused. I gave very good and structured arguments as to why ATS sucked for me. I talked about everything from the album art to the fact that Joe Hahn doesn't have his own track as usual.. I don't see why you need to hate.
    I never said it's shit because it's not old LP. I said it's shit because it's not old LP and as a musical piece of art, the album sucks. Objectively speaking, there are maybe 2-3 songs that are good and the rest are crap - regardless of the fact they changed their style.

Now if you agree or not, that's up to you. I still think they were not on par and failed to give their best on this one. They're incredibly creative, they could have done better...

Last edited: May 27, 2012
    deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Necroposting is against the rules junior.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My feelings on Robot Boy aside... All I have to say is "Timespree." Lulzasaurus.:dino:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Please avoid necroposting. If you want to continue on with the conversation, make a new thread for it. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.