Would ATS be a better album without the interludes?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Gloomy Mushroom, Mar 20, 2011.

?

Would ATS be a better album without the interludes?

1. No

65.9%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I really couldn't care about the interludes in ATS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A little bit from column A and little bit from B.

17.1%
  5. No beer and no tv make Homer go something...something...

17.1%
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Would ATS be a better album without such interludes like Empty Spaces, The Radiance and Fallout?

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yes and no. They do add to the "experience" of the album BUT I think Empty Spaces could have just been part of When They Come For Me. Also I sometimes think The Requiem and The Radiance could have been one track.

Still an enjoyable album all the same though.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

No, I think the album is fine the way it is and the interludes help with tying the album together.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

No, the interludes turn the album from a collection of singles into a flowing story. Without them, the ENTIRE meaning of the album changes... and it's just 'songs' then.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, the interludes are what makes this album flow the way they do. They add to the album, and contrary to "popular" belief, they aren't just pointless fillers.

Pez

Pez Awesome Poster

I voted no (but i think I clicked the last one while trying to register my vote)

Basically each song has to go though a complete change. The Interludes really help the songs flow into each other when without it, it would sound chat.
    Also some of the 'messages' the band are getting across with this interludes are really good.

Umz93

Umz93 Active Member

The interludes are the glue of ATS, keeping all the pure awesomeness together! Also some of them sound really funky like Jornada Del Muerto while others portray really strong messages- The Radiance

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Nope. Each one is needed.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I tend to listen to the album as a whole than as a series of individual tracks so I, then, don't mind so much that "Empty Spaces" and "When They Come For Me" are separate tracks; otherwise, I believe "Spaces" could have just been tacked onto the end of "Burning In The Skies" or the start of "When They Come For Me", definitely.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

There's no need for Fallout, Empty Spaces or that The Radiance and The Requiem are 2 tracks, but WJL and Jornada del Muerto have a purpose and do their job well.

I'm not buying this 'every track is a piece of a magnificent puzzle' crap, they could have just as easily added an extra 20 seconds to another song or something to that effect.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

No, unless if you're suggesting that the interludes could be replaced with more full songs. If that's the case, then I change my answer. The interludes are necessary, but I don't like that there are only 9 whole songs for on the go purposes.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Would reading/writing be easier or more technically correct without transitions? No. Interludes are the same thing. They are transitions that mesh everything together in a way that is more pleasing than just jumping around.

Whether these interludes are included in a song or are separate tracks shouldn't even be an issue. They serve their purpose either way. People arguing about it are just grabbing at straws as to why the interludes shouldn't be on the album.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Doesn't bother me, so I guess no. It's all "part of the experience" lol.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

No, I don't think so. I think Empty Spaces is just an excuse to have 15 tracks instead of 14, sure. (It easily could be attached to WTCFM). But I think all of the others serve well as mood setters and segues. I like the idea, just wish there was a couple more songs, maybe even just one. That's my only beef with ATS.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I'd say No a thousand times, just... no.

Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

the requiem and the radiance shud b clubbed as 1 track....empty spaces wasn't necessary...2 more full songs cud hav easily made d album evn much better..

but answer is no..dey are pieces completing the album

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Not even. And the key word is "album" It matters for ATS because while the songs can easily stand on their own, it feels more complete with the interludes.

B-B-B

B-B-B BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!

exactly

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

Definitely not...I love these interludes
    There´s only one thing that would have been great. No Empty Spaces and a whole song instead

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Basically everyone's said it all. The interludes are essential for ATS. But I do agree some where unnecessarily split into different tracks.

As I love listening to the Requiem on its own, it ends abruptly. so in that respect it'll sound better with the Radiance aswell.

I also think Fallout should have been attached to the Album version of the Catalyst. I no some aren't a fan of it, but it really makes the intro waaay more epic. Plus it would have become a 6 minute plus song!

And if Empty Spaces was attached to WTCFM it would of also made it a full 5 minute track. That might be a silly way of looking at it, but thats just me. I like longer songs :awesome: