Linkin Park Needs Your Help!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The flaw in your logic is that Paramore and 30STM became popular AFTER MTV stopped playing music.

And they're pretty accomplished in their own ways as well.

Paramore holds the distinct honor of having a song with a pre-chorus as catchy, if not catchier than the actual chorus of a song.

[youtube]OH9A6tn_P6g[/youtube]

30STM's self-titled album is not very mainstream-friendly at all. And they're pretty damn humble, surprisingly. If you didn't know, they loved their fans so much that they got a gathering of their fan club, The Echelon, and recorded them for their most recent album.

[youtube]udJg93gpubM[/youtube]

That crowd recording in particular ends up in the song Night of the Hunter. You can hear other fan contributions in most all of the tracks of This is War.

Hate on them if you wish, but how many LP fans can say they actually CONTRIBUTED to the making of an LP album? I'd say about 1.

2. Dust

Dust This is not the end this is not the beginning

3. ArisLP

ArisLP Active Member

ok i guess i needed this kind of lesson...i was being childish...and i intend to ''learn'' from my lesson because i want to be active in this community... :)

4. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Now I got Paramore on the brain! Where's my radio?!?

5. ArisLP

ArisLP Active Member

skillet?? :O
    im impressed...i like christian rock bands...these bands havent gained what they deserve..but stil...noone like LP....

what does fan distribution have to do?? all i say is that mtv tries really hard to push these bands..i dont say that they suck because i dont like them...i dont know there but here in Greece mtv plays all day these mainstream bands(also lady gaga,ke$ha you know these ''artists'' without reason of existence)....

hmm ok i stop here because the ''root'' of my hate is just mtv itself... :)

6. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

No...

Here's the issue. In reality this was 'Battle of the Bands', basketball was just an excuse. It was setup for 'fun', Linkin Park was seeded #1, therefore if your seeded #1 you stay that way...in any sport.

That makes it a competition. Humans by nature are competitive.

Fans got into this because MTV actually did something FUN involving MUSIC, not fake guidos, not 16 year olds having babies. MUSIC.

Fans also know the history of their fav band(s).

In the case of LP, everyone knows about the Grammy's, about the diamond 'Hybrid Theory', relates to anything they play, it's a band that made their choices what they wanted to do and who they wanted in the band from the GET GO.

Paramore...didn't they just create some hype about two of their members leaving? Sympathy was created for them to get a push, duh. They were the underdogs.

And back to LP, ATS wasn't for everyone. Some liked it, some hated it.

Fun > Competition...that's the way I see it. It's not fun with a score that has a 1% difference in it in the last few hours, that is stupid close. Of course, none of the bands have anything to win for except pride but now MTV has a solid piece of work to write about how Paramore beat LP and I'm sure down the long road MTV will spark some kind of new fuse like all the crap with Limp Bizkit right?

History repeats itself.

7. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Now MTV can go back to rappers' unnecessarily large mansions, obnoxious guidos and spoiled tweens.

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Schen you're looking too far into this. I'm sorry. It was just a damn poll.

9. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Oh well. We will have to try again next year.

10. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

LOLwut?

11. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*whispers* History repeats itself......duh

12. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

[​IMG]

Please make it stop. We can't do polls around here without a ton of people going overboard about it, with a ton of other people wagging their fingers and giving maturity lessons and relating the situation to the band's music.

It's too much.

13. Minus

No...

Here's the issue. In reality this was 'Battle of the Bands', basketball was just an excuse. It was setup for 'fun', Linkin Park was seeded #1, therefore if your seeded #1 you stay that way...in any sport.

Fans got into this because MTV actually did something FUN involving MUSIC, not fake guidos, not 16 year olds having babies. MUSIC.

In the case of LP, everyone knows about the Grammy's, about the diamond 'Hybrid Theory', relates to anything they play, it's a band that made their choices what they wanted to do and who they wanted in the band from the GET GO.

Paramore...didn't they just create some hype about two of their members leaving? Sympathy was created for them to get a push, duh. They were the underdogs.

Fun > Competition...that's the way I see it. It's not fun with a score that has a 1% difference in it in the last few hours, that is stupid close. Of course, none of the bands have anything to win for except pride but now MTV has a solid piece of work to write about how Paramore beat LP and I'm sure down the long road MTV will spark some kind of new fuse like all the crap with Limp Bizkit right?

History repeats itself.

14. Jesse

@MINUS WIN

Taking someone's argument and using the same exact argument as sarcasm.

Also using the "History repeats itself" theme, Genius.

15. LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

god damn <.< paramore won .. i voted like 250times for LP!

16. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

OMG! Deja Vu!!!

17. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Dude. . . .

18. Jesse

History repeats itself.

19. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

They lost eh? They had a pretty big lead too, some little girls must've kicked in some crazy votes in the last few hours.

20. Minus

No...

History repeats itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.