Iridescent Splash Page at Linkin Park Website Teases Transformers Partnership

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

^

hahahaha

The Catalyst would have been a better single for this movie. I honestly wish Linkin Park saved the Catalyst as it's last single. the album builds up to that climactic song, and LP releases it as their first single ruining the surprise. It's like getting the ending of a movie before we watch it. ;)

I was never a big fan of Iridescent. i'm all for ATS's sound and direction, but that's one song that's been done a million times before. A poor man's Fix You by Coldplay the first song that comes to mind..

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I'm kind of hoping the music video for Iridescent isn't Transformer related at all. I really like the song and I don't want to see it get messed up with a bunch of video clips from a movie...

Guess we'll see what Joe Hahn comes up with soon enough.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

I somehow feel Iridescent would fit into Transformers really well.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

As someone who enjoys the Transformers movies, this is definitely something I am going to look forward to.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Actually it is right in the soundtracks you get to discover often great music you didn't know before, so that's always a nice thing for sure ^^

EDIT: despite the talent of Joe, i'd be disappointed tho if the VIDEO would talk of living robots, for such a wonderful lyrics deserving a wonderful trama...

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Transformers is the worst movie franchise of the 21st century, no doubt about that. It's a real shame that LP is getting involved with every TS movie

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Spy Kids, Twilight Saga (debatable, Ashley Greene, Kristen Stewart, and Christian Serratos are hot and they're actually enjoyable), Scary Movie, The Mummy, Bring It On, Big Momma's House, the Star Wars Prequels, Larry the Cable Guy's movies, Saw, and billions of other movie franchises would like to speak to you.

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Where should I sign?

Agreed

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Transformers really is a bad franchise, though. Plus it's one of the most successful. This won't help the "LP sold out" fans quiet down. I'll start thinking they are if they keep getting involved with such successful, crappy movies.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

now that would be hilarious. and just gonna say right now, I'd be highly disappointed if the transformers logo is in the single cover or any words about transformers is in the single cover. Anyhow, I'm almost 100% sure that Iridescent is the official TF3 song...not only by all these coincidences today but the basic fact that uhhh...Joe said so? :lol:

P.S. I really hope that they're not actually going to have robots and leather be part of the video.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

i still have a slim hope that they are making a new song for transformers and iridescent will just be on the soundstrack

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Maybe you should watch the unofficial Hunger Games short film, the song fitted EXTREMELY well, and one of my non-LP-fan-friend fell in love with the song immediately.

Speaking of the buzz, I don't know why but I got chills when clicking into the moon...

And it still doesn't mean that Iridescent would be the theme song for T3.

PS: For those who can't see the video on their page, here's the link to the direct video: [video]http://api.ning.com/files/2VUZhnxWuyPjZcqcx6t-tj3N4WxWimu1r4S2LCSfFT3ffycKg-p3fndINwqBYK8j2KqQ9R1mgszgp407R9pKjRT3btXD2HaF/LP_h264.theora.ogv[/video]

juanmar16

juanmar16 Banned

i see Iridescent fitting the movie... if there's movie clips on the video then i'm thinking they'll release a version without the clips, like they did with New Divide

PS: @Minus
    you're a douche

Topher

Topher LPA VIP LPA VIP

3 post... Welcome to the LPA and Read the forum Rules Before You Call Someone A Douche

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

This guy knows what's up! Trufax.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

My worst fears have come true! I really did not want any song from ATS to be associated or used in any way with in the new Transformer movie. I don't hate the Transformer franchise, but Michael Bay has created a mind numbing, dumbed down, nonsensical, annoying, p.o.s. movie franchise. It makes loads of money for the studio and all associated with it, and it is a kids movie primarily but have some standards! Blowing stuff up to cover up for the lack of a story line or any coherent thought is not an excuse! Anyway, really disappointed that LP chose to be associated with this thing again. I'm not a huge fan of Iridescent, but I think the song deserves a poignant video.

enthouse

enthouse Active Member

Aw, man, I was hoping they wouldn't use another Linkin Park song in the Transformers movie. It's going to be difficult for me to take the song seriously after I hear it in Transformers. The Transformers movies are terrible. Especially the second one. That movie was just mind-numbingly bad. The trailer for the third one seems a little promising, but who knows. Maybe it will be just as bad as the previous ones. I would've been a little less skeptical if only Michael Bay had replaced Megan Fox with an actress rather than an underwear model.

But I really wish they hadn't gotten themselves involved in another Transformers movie.

I agree. I love the first minute of the song but then it goes downhill.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Well, don't take the movie too serious then :p

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Wonder which method you used to piss that guy off. :blink:

enthouse

enthouse Active Member

LOL I won't! And that's exactly why I probably won't be able to take Iridescent seriously too after watching it.
    But there is a possibility that the third part might actually be good because the trailer doesn't look that bad :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.