Iridescent Splash Page at Linkin Park Website Teases Transformers Partnership

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Because said blockbuster movie is objectively pretty bad? (as many of them are.)

nectarios

nectarios Member

it's easy to say now that iridescent is gonna be in the soundtrack of the movie.
    so i hope for a good video with a compination of the members of the band and the scenes of the movie.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

They can reanimate it. :awesome: Having a remix of Iridescent on the soundtrack might be a good idea.

One of your spurned lovers, no doubt.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Transformers: Piper at the of Dawn

coming 2013!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Needs more prepositions.

FabiFabio

FabiFabio Active Member

I like this idea. This could explain the "Back in the studio today... Very exciting" tweet by Phoenix :awesome:

enthouse

enthouse Active Member

I don't want them to break the concept that they've used for the ATS videos so far.
    I'm hoping the video would, in some way, be connected to the videos for the first three singles and not be related to Transformers... at all.

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

Its pretty obvious from the video that iridescent will be used. They might modify the original to more suit the movie. I also remember hearing that Transformers 3 is supposed to have a deeper story and be more emotional so iridescent would be very fitting.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've only gotten through the first two pages of this thread, and I must say... My brain hurts... Congrats, everyone.

Minus

In Michael Bay-onese, deeper story and more emotions means there's more thought into where explosions go and who they blow up.

Must resist... obligatory sarcastic comment... :derek:

Hybrid

Seriously, Minus. The only thing I've found enjoyable about this thread was the Shia video you posted. Everyone else talking about how bad they think Transformers is and how much they hate or like Iridescent is really 'over played.' I hate reading stuff like the 'Oh this song can't go on the radio because then other people might like my band' crap. The band thought it was a good idea. The band likes Transformers. And sorry for this news, everybody, but the band wants to get more fans. I'm going to be supportive of my favorite band because that's what I feel a fan should do. Everyone else, please, get over yourself.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Not necessarily sarcastic but usual protocol is that whenever someone says "My brain hurts", you post this:

[youtube]6fY3QGGM-gw[/youtube]

Hybrid

LOVE that song.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[youtube]MrCPIrs90eg[/youtube]

Hybrid

I get it, it's a joke, but seriously, I said my peace at why I feel the way I do before the 26 lettas post.

Minus

To be completely honest, I feel like I'm a 'fan' for being honest with myself and saying, "I honestly couldn't give any more fucks than I've given over the past few days, and think it's a bad move." Not to say the people saying, "ZOMG I WANT OLD HT MUSIC BACK YO OMG WTF BBQ JESUS BUDDHA McCHRIST" would be able to be classified as fans of the band. That's completely different. That's all about the music, whereas this is a business decision. I feel it to be a bad move, and I'll be obnoxiously vocal about it because I can.

And I'll assume your 'everyone else, please, get over yourself' is directed to EVERYONE ELSE, because you know asking me to get over myself is like asking Glenn Beck to stop being an idiotic dickface.

EDIT: Also.

FTFY.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Sig-worthy.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

My only thought is, will Optimus Prime still be able to give a bad ass inspiring speech at the end of this movie with Iridescent playing? Chew on that one, guys. Chew on that one.

Minus

That's what she told me to do as I used my fingers to stimulate the other one.

20. Hybrid

Thanks... I guess I'm just pissed off that people aren't excited about shit anymore. So many negative nancys... One of the reasons why I left the lp.com forums in a hurry...

Anyways, the whole arguement you make with the 'buisness decision' is what it is. I was actually expecting LP to be on the next soundtrack or featured in the next Transformers. I know that the band has said in the past that they like the Tranformers franchise and that they were honored to have their music in the film. So I thought that it was cool to have the band contribute music for a franchise that they like. I liked the first two films. The thing is all of these naysayers havent even read the script or heard the story for the third movie. Maybe LP had that opportunity and maybe, just maybe, LP thought that Iridescent would make a positive contribution to the film. I'm just sayin...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.