KoRn ft. Skrillex - Get Up

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Apr 15, 2011.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]UnJGpebZKvc[/youtube]

This is probably the best thing KoRn have done in quite some time. Skrillex is pretty much my favourite artist at the moment and he pretty much makes this song what it is.

Apparently it will be on KoRn's new album which they're working on at the moment. I say they should let Skrillex produce the whole album, I'm certainly loving this collaboration of rock and electro house/dubstep/whatever insane style Skrillex has trademarked.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The chorus is actually pretty cool, but to me the rest of it sounds like just another Korn song with dubstep bits. Not enough to get me interested in them again I'm afraid.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

This is pretty nice, I've actually been tryin to get a band together to do some stuff like this.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wish the climax would've been a little bigger.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Sounds pretty neat. Not a big fan of anything from Korn, but this redeems them from their previous effort.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Korn was good, but now all their songs sound the same. But this was a exception, a little bit of a exception....(The Electronica/Electric music)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I thought it was just ok, and I'm a big Korn fan. I'll never understand Linkin Park fans and their infatuation with dub/techno elements in everything, but I'm not feeling it.

Sounds like a leftover from Issues, really.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

a little womp-womp-womp won't do them any good. but, saying that i find both korn and dubstep laughable.

Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

Sounds good...

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

That drop makes me feel so dirty. Song sucks though.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

korn is dead and they always will be.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Skrillex is the only thing I like about the song but even his awesome drop doesn't save it; aside from his contribution, it's the usual stale, generic trash Korn's been putting out for ages. Now, they're just jumping on the dubstep bandwagon as well and raping it with their downtuned nu-metal guitars

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Korn really only pumped out the same shit on their last album.
    The previous three were actually quite unique forways into elctronica/metal/industrial/dunno what the fuck.

But yeah Korn III is one of the mst boring, wastes of money I've ever wasted money on.

I like this though! lol

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I didn't even listen to all of their last album but from what I can tell it was just typical Korn angsty nu-metal stuff, and I'm not really into that anymore personally. I don't really like the attempts they've made at changing either besides a handful of songs. It seems like they can't decide whether they want to do that or just make stuff to please fans of how they sounded in the 90s.

Blackee Dammet

I have to point out, having followed Korn for years now, a common theme is always to hate the last album while liking the one right before it and looking forward to the next. No matter what that last album was or what the new album sounds like.

Which sounds pretty normal, until you actually watch people talk about how much they liked FTL and hated Issue but liked Untouchables, liked Issues hated Untouchables and loved Take a Look in the Mirror, or liked TALITM, hated SYOTOS, but really liked untitled.

Like this same pattern every time.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Untouchables was the last Korn album I liked, and even that one was flawed. It's nice that they're trying something new instead of attempting to recreate their first two albums again, but they just don't have the imagination or creativity to pull off anything interesting.

Blackee Dammet

Korn are now like one of those 80's hair metal bands that play to a core audience. Or 311. They're not going to be relevant or have a monster smash anymore, they're just playing to their base. I don't think that's such a bad thing.

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

Dubstep is actually a respectable genre past the wubwubwubwubwub brostep shit, hate how people perceive as this skrillex/datsik/rusko club-tuned shit so much. Everyone needs to go back to hyping Burial imo.

Looks like Korn's attempt at staying relevant. It's unfortunate they didn't realise they could probably generate the same amount of interest by getting sonny moore (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdfCtrUa44 - hold on, this isn't "filthy" bro!) to remix any of their older songs (probably even more if he remixed Freak On A Leash or something), with minimal effort!

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Lol at that link. How the fuck do you go from that to dubstep.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Agreed.

That's what she said...