The Festival Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Apr 25, 2011.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

As I get older, I'm starting to really love the idea of music festivals, especially the ones with camping. I guess I'm a hippie at heart and yearn for something like Woodstock, and my local festival, Bonnaroo, has been compared to it. The good, original version, not the decent '94 version, or the festival killer '99 version. If you've never camped out at a multi-day music fest and had good times with complete strangers, you aren't living.

But, anyway, I'm going to Bonnaroo (headliners: Eminem, Arcade Fire, Buffalo Springfield, Widespread Panic, the Black Keys & Lil' Wayne), and like 70% leaning towards going to Pitchfork in Chicago (headliners: Animal Collective, TV on the Radio, Fleet Foxes, OFWGKTA). My roommate wants to go see his girlfriend in LA and see OFWGKTA at LA's Hard Summer Music Festival (headliners: Duck Sauce, Boysnoize, Chromeo, Ratatat, Skrillex & OFWGKTA).

That pretty much rounds out my summer, although I really doubt I'll end up doing the LA festival, because it's not worth a plane ticket just to see LA and OFWGKTA. Sorry, Tyler.

What about everyone else? Is Glastonbury happening this year? That's THE festival for me, and a lot of people I know.

danielpsoad-09

danielpsoad-09 Well-Known Member

I am going to Carolina Rebellion Festival in Charlotte, NC on May 7.

Line Up: Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, Seether, Bullet for My Valentine, Theory of a Deadman, Alter Bridge, Hinder, Skillet, Saving Abel, Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry, My Darkest Days, Cavo, Rev Theory, Pop Evil, Art of Dying.

I'm basically going there to see Godsmack, Stone Sour and Alter Bridge. Those are among my favorite bands list. It'd be cool if I get to see Rev Theory too. I like Hinder and Skillet, but I wouldn't mind not seeing them.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

i'll be at leeds fest, again, this year. the line up, so far: http://www.leedsfestival.com/2011/lineup/ and still with a few more stages to be announced.

and yeah, camping is probably where i had most fun last year. shit gets wild.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Gonna go to day 1 of Los Angeles Jazz/Reggae Festival, Lupe Fiasco is headliner, full lineup is here http://jazzreggaefest.com/

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

FESTIVALS........never been to any but will be going this year, so fucking excited. Glastonbury is happening this year but I'm not too bothered about that festival. I'll be going to 2 of the most awesome festivals this year.

1st being Download Festival, where I'm going with a lot of LPU friends. And yes, the idea just came along as Linkin Park were announced. 5 nights of camping and 3 nights of music. Here's the lineup

[​IMG]

2nd festival is THE Sonisphere Festival . Just recently bought the tickets. And I'm glad I booked it, a few week ago I didnt even have the money and was gutted, really wanted to see those bands, worked my ass off and bought the tickets :D 4 nights camping and 3 nights full of bands. the lineup

[​IMG]

Another festival I really want to go but can't because being broke is High Voltage. Will wait till a month or so and see if I can afford or not. Here's the lineup for that one :D

[​IMG]

Thats it for now :)
    Thank you :D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
    BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

Dude, You are going to two kickass music festivals! SOAD,LP,AX7,The Big 4, and Slipknot, Thats awesome :awesome:

rgillies

rgillies Active Member

Rockness. Very much a dance orientated festival but its good craic nonetheless. Kasabian, Chemical Brothers and Paolo Nutini headlining.

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

And Down as well :D Phil Anselmo <3

$pvcxGhxztCasey

shit, I don't know if I should do Pitchfork or Lollapalooza. MUSE and Coldplay are two of my big guilty pleasures, then there's stuff like Bright Eyes and Crystal Castles. FUUUUCK.

I'll still do Pitchfork, probably. Gotta see OFWGKTA live.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Holy fucking shit. Download looks like the greatest 3 days of my entire life.

I fucking wish.

LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

I'm going to SoulStock this weekend, a Free Admission Christian Festival in Decatur, AL, to see RED and Fireflight.

In September, I'll be going to Big Spring Jam in Huntsville, AL. They didn't have it last year, but it is back this year. I know I'll be going even though they haven't announced the artists yet. 2008 had Shinedown, A7X, and Hinder to name a few and 2009 had The Black Crowes, Cage the Elephant, Collective Soul, The Fray, Saving Abel, and Huey Lewis & the News.

And last is Bayfest in Mobile, AL. No lineup yet for this year, but last year had Godsmack, Saving Abel, Adelitas Way, Shinedown, Skillet, and Papa Roach so hopefully they will be good this year too. ;)

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Was gonna go to Ausin City limits...guess i shoulda signed up like last year lolz, only day left is Sunday, wouldn't be worth it unless Kanye, Airborne Toxic Event, and Chiddy Bang were all there.

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

This Year, like last year, i will attend 2 Festivals.

Hurricane Festival in Scheeßel, Germany, June 17-19. Line-Up: Foo Fighters, Incubus, Arcade Fire, Portishead, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Flogging Molly, Jimmy Eat World, Boysetsfire, Sick of it All, Sum 41, Parkway Drive and many more.

Heineken Music Open'er Festival in Gdynia, Poland, June 30th - July 3rd. Line-Up: Coldplay, The Strokes, Prince (yes, THE Prince), Pulp, The Streets, Hurts, Kate Nash, Paolo Nutini, Simian Mobile Disco and many more.

I'm totally stoked for these two. Last years Heineken Open'er was the best Festival i've ever attended. Not because of the Line-Up, though it was awesome, but because of the Athmosphere and the People who were there.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

No offense but those look like the worst line-ups ever. lol. I mean, hey, if you like that sort of shit, then awesome, but god, it's like my early teen days all spread out over 2 fests.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Look at how many good bands i'm going to be seeing within 4 days! I've perfected my schedule to allow pretty much optimized moving about and having enough time to get to each set. Basically.

Not to mention stuff like comedy (the League definitely), activities in the cinema tent (Q&As with Aziz Asnari (screening his new movie) & Zach Braff) and random bands I'll stand and watch for a few minutes in between shows.

Oh man I can't wait.