Silverchair placed in "indefinite hibernation."

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Harlz, May 30, 2011.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

I don't know how many overseas still give a shit, or even in Australia, but Silverchair were the first band I ever saw live, they inspired me to start playing guitar and showed me that a rock band can do more than just guitar drums and bass.

They've won more ARIAS than any other artist ever, including AC/DC, Midnight Oil, Cold Chisel and all those other Australian acts you've heard of, so this is a pretty big loss.

I'm very sad to see this, and I just thought I'd share it, though it's a few days old now.

Pez

Pez Awesome Poster

Im a big fan of these guys, and Im am really going to miss their live performance. This was band that no matter how many times I would see them live, it was always be better then ever.

I actually got the meet the boys 2003 when Dad was working for them. Daniel Johns is the reason I play guitar today.

But yeah I hope one day they can reunite for one sick tour!

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Wish I'd gotten to meet him, as, same as you, he's the reason I play guitar.

Also dude, was that you who played on Faint in Sydney last year?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

After the horrible travesty that was Young Modern (a Dissociatives-esque album I can deal with. YM was the worst parts of all Silverchair and Dissociatives combined), I'm glad they're calling it quits again.