Linkin Park CD Boxset / Vinyl

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Samrat, Jul 23, 2011.

Samrat

Samrat 2013

Hi, awhile back I noticed that a band (System of a Down) released a boxset that contained all there studio albums:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/System-Down...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1311397948&sr=1-1

Just out of curiosity how many of you guys would like to see Linkin Park do that? I mean if you already own all there studio albums it may seem pointless for you to purchase, but it's still a pretty neat idea. An alternative could be all there studio albums in a vinyl boxset.

Maybe I'm the only guy who would like that on my shelf, but it's definitely something I think they should consider. Though it also may be pointless because no doubt there going to release another studio album after that, but I mean, maybe when they call it quits (which I think none of us hope to live to see that day).

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I would like them to do something like that with the LPU CD's to be honest.

Samrat

Samrat 2013

Yeah dude... That actually sounds like a better idea.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'd want them to do this when they stopped making music, which they haven't yet.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think people were asking something like this when the tenth anniversary was coming up but the band seemed disinterested in it. They mentioned they rather do something for their 25th anniversary though.

That's a long time >_>. Fortunately, there's such things as changing one's mind.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I think LP should focus on making new music instead of stuff like this for a little more longer.

Samrat

Samrat 2013

Yeah like I said, probably better when they call it quits or something. Or what Kathy said, 25th Anniversary.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

LP don't have enough albums to warrant having a boxset just yet. Granted SOAD, Rage Against the Machine & Radiohead have their own already, but they either on hiatus, semi retired or already have enough albums to fill a boxset with. (ironically most are back making music again).

Granted, LP could fill one up nicely with Reanimation, Collision course, Live in Texas & Road to Revolution in there. But most people buy boxsets with the studio albums in mind. 4 doesn't seem enough. But wait another 10 years for 4 more albums, repackage them all in digipack with new artwork with b-sides too and I think will have a winner! :awesome:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I have the studio albums already so I wouldn't buy them again. A LPU CD boxset wouldn't interest me either. Just give me new music, that's all. :p

xxspuckxsorrisxx

xxspuckxsorrisxx Living Things

yeah LPU cds or vinyls or maybe everything they ever made. like MTM tour edition with special stuff

Samrat

Samrat 2013

Haha fair enough. We all want new music.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd rather see them do something like that with all their commercially released material that wasn't available on their standard albums (previous years' LPU CDs, single b-sides, bonus tracks, songs from various soundtracks/compilations, etc.). A DVD collection of all of their music videos would be nice too.

Samrat

Samrat 2013

All there music videos in Blu-ray format. PLEASE.