Ode To A Lost Brother

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Holiday, Jun 21, 2011.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Colt Cedar Callaghan was a brave and handsome man the day he died. His strength and determination facing death is a testament to that bravery. He may have only been 17 years, 4 months, and 9 days old when his life ended, but he had already become more of a man than many others could hope to be, or will ever be in the face of death. While I do not agree with the choice to end his own beautiful life on that fateful day; I will always respect him for being so steadfast in his decision making and follow through. I know that I would not have been able to follow him into the unknown. Colt will forever be a grown man in my eyes, despite only having known him as a boy. We will always remember and look back on his life with nothing but love for him in our hearts. Colt has changed every life he’s touched in a different way. He was truly a gift to be thankful for in our lives. This unbelievable pain is only the price we pay for having someone so wonderful, be a part of this life.

--Holly Callaghan

This is a piece I wrote about my brother to be put in this year's pamphlet at Reno's Suicide Awareness and SOS (Survivors of Suicide) Walk.

To be honest I was in pain over having to write something, but I just let words flow right through me and this was the result. I was surprised at what I had written... It was not what I had expected to write. It was better than anything else I could have written. I believe that this is a prime example of how words are formed by relaxing and letting them flow out through you.

... I am still amazed when I read it...

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

It's difficult to lose someone you love. No condolences seem to ease the pain. This is very well written. It shows that you cared (and continue to care) immensely about him. Thank you for sharing it.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

and thank you for saying that! :)

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Aww, this is so sad. :( Very well written, RIP Colt.