Keaton Hashimoto Presents: Linkin Park - The Teapot Chapters (Chapter 01 - Teabags)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Thanks Derek! :) wow that's like the only song I haven't heard from LP in a while. I feel ashamed. :lol: and thanks Keaton! I loved this game so much and I only had it for a few days. x]

So I managed to finish the whole game and it was AWESOME! :D Every champion had a special purpose, so I felt really packed and loaded (even though I died 79 times LOL). TEAPOT CHRONICLES CHAPTER 2, I AWAIT YOU.

Tihilp92

Tihilp92 Well-Known Member

Good Game :D:D

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Keaton's a genius!

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Awesome game!

bestusernameever

bestusernameever Banned

I think it's wrong that Kaeton's shit is posted on here and everyone else is left out, riding off of Linkin Park's success or what?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I can assure you that you won't be very popular on these boards, if one of your first posts here was to attack someone who really didn't deserve the attack. I was actually coming in this thread to compliment you on your hilarious screen name, and welcome you to the forums. Instead, what I found was one incredibly rude and uninformed comment attacking one of the friendliest people in the LP fan community.

For the record Keaton Hashimoto is a STAFF member on this site and our best friend (hence why we feature his stuff), and he offers music (8-Bit Theory) and all these video games, completely free of charge without ever expecting anyone to pay him for it. He's gone completely broke at times, and doesn't even really get money from LPA and yet he does what he does because he loves the band and the people of this website. The t-shirts that he designed? We/he don't make a profit off of them at all. Our hosting is over 100 dollars a month, and all sales went straight into keeping this site paid for and operating as without donations/t-shirt sales it would be hard to keep running this site.

And even with that aside, we DO post other people's stuff. We posted "Nuburo"s album for close to a full month on the front page, and he wasn't even staff here. During the "Featuring You" contest, we posted a daily feature of our favorite fan remixes, taking some fans from the bottom 1000 to the band's top 20 list for final choices. There is no "riding" off of an success or coattails here, and if we were...we'd be rich. The fact that we struggle to pay for this site at times but still happily run the LPA, proves we do this for the fans and not for the fame.

So please, get your facts straight. You are totally misinformed and your accusations are insulting.

*EDIT* I also see you have two accounts on these boards, the one you posted from and also lololol. Mind telling me why you needed to have two accounts?

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Like Derek said, that was totally unnecessary. The man goes out to create not one, but TWO highly professional games based on Linkin Park. And to top that, he hosts them all for free. All the hard work he puts into these games should be recognized, not criticized. I'm sure the members of the band would be highly proud on what he has accomplished on this board.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

lol ignorance

I don't see why it would be wrong. Keaton has been on the boards for a long ass time and works his ass off for our enjoyment.

Derek

Thank you.

Due to the member creating not one but two attacking posts towards two different members on these boards (plus having another account), we've banned him from these forums. We usually like to give out just warnings (i.e. no points, but pretty much just a slap on the wrist) but when someone signs up for the sole purpose of trashing people, and causing hell on the forums we aren't going to stand for that.

Feel free to get back on topic, and don't acknowledge the troll anymore :).

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I know people have come to my defense, and thank you for that, but I feel the need to address it because believe it or not, I know where the guy is coming from.
    Assuming you're just frustrated, I'm going to try and explain to you why my stuff gets featured here a lot.

I have been at this since the band's debut. For the longest time no one even bothered to look at my stuff. But through the years, I kept at it, working for fan sites and doing side projects. It's likely you've seen or used my work and not even known it, because until a couple years ago I've gone often gone uncredited. That's because I've never asked for anything in return, even when I've been flat-out broke. Now when someone on staff makes a post about my stuff, especially with my name attached, I'm always surprised. Notice the first thing I posted in this thread?
    I genuinely never expect LPA to support my projects, especially when I do something weird like this. But LPA recognizes my hard work first hand, and I think this is their way of simply thanking me. And I appreciate it to no end.

I always hope it inspires others to create their own fan-made stuff and share it with the rest of the community. If you think you could do better, I implore you! If you've got a really good or unique idea, especially something that hasn't been done by LP fans before, do it and tell us about it! I'm always interested in seeing creativity at work. It's never easy to get your hard work recognized, but lashing out at the few who do (who are probably simple folk just like you) isn't going to solve anything. Just remember it took me almost 10 years to get to a point where LPA can find reason to post about my stuff.

So, in short, I'm sorry if you feel you are going unnoticed. It's tough, I'll admit. But Derek and staff are good people. If you prove to them that you're genuine and your project is insane-awesome, who knows?

But, back to the topic at hand... So, how 'bout them butterflies!?

Niklas

Niklas BadaBinge LPA VIP

wow...once again an AMAZING Game. the Level of Detail, the Love that went into making this and the whole concept are soo much fun. i bow my hat to you Keaton, you are a genius! :)

Derek

I hate them. HATE them. :lol:

LinkinParkMaria

LinkinParkMaria Damn....... I did that?!

Help

I wanted to know how or if we can save the game?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I second this.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

The game will automatically save your progress after completing a teapot.

LinkinParkMaria

LinkinParkMaria Damn....... I did that?!

:D

Thanks

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

hahahaha the butterflies suck ass and so does the respawning of enemies after changing members, but I beat that shit quickly!

Keaton, may I ask what software you used to create the game?

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I third this. :lol:

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Is Phoenix throwing fish ?

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Cool game so far, I haven't played it that much so I don't know if it has the ability to grant use of a Gamepad, if not, why not? Surely you could implement some drivers or such that will allow us to play with something other than the keyboard?

If not, why not just ship XPadder with your game and supply a disclaimer and add credits to the folks who created that?

But if there is built-in gamepad support already, awesome.

Butterflies are awesome, but evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.