Boycott Wingers Restaurants

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Cat, Sep 1, 2011.

Cat

Cat Member

This week in Southern Utah a family with disabled children who had just finished training for the Special Olypmics were asked to leave the restaurant after other customers complained about the kids. This isn't right and the family is hoping people will join them in their boycott of Wingers for this act of discrimination. They have locations in Utah, Nevada, Wyoming, Tennesse, Washington, Idaho and Oregon.

And the kids weren't being disruptive at all.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"One person/family had a shitty experience at one store in a chain with dozens of locations, BOYCOTT THEM ALL!!!!!"

Am I the only person who fails to see the incredibly warped sense of logic (or lack thereof) in these type of cases? My dad found a human hair in his Big Mac one time, but he didn't boycott McDonald's because of it, that would be stupid, as that was a case of ONE bad thing happening to ONE person at ONE restaurant because ONE employee screwed up.

Also, you could provide a bit more information. If the kids "weren't being disruptive," what were other people complaining about? Am I supposed to believe that just because these kids are Special Olympics-bound, that they're incapable of doing anything wrong and must always be the victim? Isn't that discrimination in itself?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I think we need a source for this thread to be taken seriously.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm with Dr. Octogonapus on this one. I'm not going to boycott a restaurant just because one location had one issue that one day. If it were all locations acting as discriminatory as you saying they are, then that would be a different issue. Even so, there isn't any Wingers locations in my neck of the woods anyway, so it really doesn't do me any good to boycott something that isn't remotely near me.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I echo the opinions of all the replies so far, I do however refuse to go to our local Bojangles, but that's for the same reason I don't go to church.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Winger?

[​IMG]

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah sure, the kids were just sitting there being quiet and the other customers complained because they hate disabled kids. Lol, what a joke.

Cat

Cat Member

Want more proof? Here you go.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WingersRestaurants/posts/10150297196027920

The President of Wingers made an apology.

And this isn't about having a shitty experience its about taking a stand and saying that discrimination is wrong and that it is beyond ridiculous that things like this still go on in a day and age when people are constantly saying how we need to be tolerant of everyone no matter if they are disabled or not or gay or straight or handicapped or dress differently or another skin color.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
    lpboarder

lpboarder Well-Known Member

Flinger's?

Not enough flare again?

WTF

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

For a second there I thought you were pulling my...leg ;) ;) ;)

But good for them, the president apologized, sounds like it was the local management, not the franchise who made that choice.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Because the restaurant is supposed to just ignore all of these complaints. If anything, you should be boycotting dumb motherfuckers that go to a manager and complain about mentally challenged kids being too loud. What the fuck.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, nowadays kids are so fucking spoiled that sometimes you can't actually tell if the child is mentally challenged or really really spoiled. I was in a serious dilemma a couple of times..

But they're cunts for complaining anyway.. go home if you want peace and quiet..

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So the president of the company made a sincere apology, and admitted they made a huge mistake. Not to mention the asshole who made the mistake is likely long fired.

So why the boycott? The president apologized, and apologized quickly too...never once denying the incident like some chains would do. Bad things happen, and it's usually one prejudice asshole who doesn't share the views of the entire company. That doesn't mean a whole company should be chastised for it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

What Derek said.

If the President of said company apologized for one employee's stupid mistake, then that's all there is to it. Not really much else they can do about it except fire said douchebag who kicked the disabled kids out of the place to begin with.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Why the whinge seriously?

.....what Derek said.

BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

/thread?