Pensacola, Florida Show Cancelled

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Geki

Geki >.

Not to complain but this sucks. I had hotel reservations and plane tickets and everything and was really excited for this show since it was my birthday present. The last LP show I tried to go to (Uncasville, CT) was also canceled. I feel really let down and bummed out... get well soon Chester......................

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Wow, that's horrible dude! I hope you can get a refund on that stuff.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

All the best to Chaz

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Yeah, that really blows man. Sorry that the show got canceled on you.

Haven't had a show canceled on me but I've canceled plans for 2 shows before. I hope I can finally catch them on the next tour cycle.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It is definitely rough that cancellations seem to follow you around, but I do know that most hotels may be willing to refund your stay if you need to cancel (you're still way before the usual 48 hour cancellation penalty period so call ASAP), and the ticket prices will definitely be refunded. You may be stuck without seeing an LP concert, but at least you won't be without the cash. Keep your head up man, someday you'll see these guys live and they'll blow your mind.

LP13413

LP13413 Linkin Park fan

Sorry Jeff, there's always next time. I sound like a broken record, haha

Actually, on the Meteora World Tour back in 2004, they were scheduled to play in Pensacola (March 6) when that schedule was first posted, that was removed though and the infamous inappropriate Atlanta show replaced it.

LP13413

LP13413 Linkin Park fan

Dude, he's already seen LP live about a dozen times in the past :p

Derek

I didn't know that so hush :p.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Damn that is really unfortunate. Unlucky for everyone that was going to this show. Chester always seems to be the one who gets himself hurt or ill somehow. And hes one of the core/most important members. They didn't cancel the show when poor Phoenix got ill did they? :lol: I wonder who else they'd have to cancel for if they ever got ill. Its an intregiung question. Could they do a show without Rob? Joe? or even Mike?

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

A show without Mike? No way. I think if Chester or Mike are ill (badly) they have to cancel. Not sure about the other members too, Joe might be irreplacable too.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Get Well Soon Chester.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wait, what that really serious? :lol:

Geki

Geki >.

I hope I can get re-funds on everything... I'm not really in any position to complain because I have seen LP live 12 times, but it just sucked because I was really excited for this one. It's more important that Chester heals though, there is always the next album cycle. Thanks for your post.

Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

yep.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Why do you mean he's irreplaceable? The way I see it, he's the most replaceable of the 6. Mike or pretty much any member of the band can play those samples instead of him, and no one would care if the occasional scratching is gone.

Derek

It's a little hard for Mike to trigger all of Joe's samples while he's playing the keyboard at the same time. Maybe Chester could do it...but ehhh.

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

Sorry Geki, like you I had my ticket and stay all planned out. My plane ticket was not refundable so I will make the best of it that weekend in FL.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The thing with guitar players and drummers and DJ's and most other instruments is that you can still perform while being a little sick. Singers cannot perform when sick AT ALL. Something as simple as the common cold makes throats sore (which can permanently damage vocal chords if you sing with them in that state), peppers lyrics with coughs, blocks the nose and makes breathing difficult. And since voices are hard to replace, the consequences are big.

In an alternate universe where Chester gets sick as much as he does in this one, but he was lead guitar instead of singer, Linkin Park would cancel a lot less shows.

Geki

Geki >.

I feel your pain man... It sucks that it got canceled. People are saying online everywhere that LP just didn't want to play the show or was 'burned out' from the ATS touring cycle so they used the shoulder thing as an excuse. I don't think LP would do that, though. I was going to go to Florida as well and just relax on the beach but I decided not to go...I really just wanted to go to see LP.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, I couldn't see Linkin Park after all . . . [/lame LP reference]

Yeah, I guess it was to be expected. I heard it on the news a couple days ago, internet was shut down for a few days, and now I have my ticket up for sale. Hope Chester feels better. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.