NCAA Football Baby

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by ThaHandyman, Nov 29, 2011.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

I don't care if its the end of of the season, the Oklahoma State Cowboys gotta chance to get to the national championship, and we need a thread for the best sport out there.

Not sure whose keeping up on these forums, but who do yall wanna see in the BCS Championship?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

College football has never interested me. Until they get a playoff system I will never follow it closely.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I loved watching my Badgers...until they lost 1 game on a hail mary which eliminated them from the National Championship. The BCS makes no sense to me and never will.

At least the Badgers have a good shot at the Rose Bowl. Though it's not a big deal to me since it really is a meaningless game.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

Does Wisconsin have 2 L's now?

And trav what do you recommend for a playoff? A new system from scratch, or using the BCS to take, say, the top 8 or 16 teams and make a playoff from that?

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

16 teams would be ideal. All the other teams could still have their bowl games. Haven't thought about it too much.

Benjamin

I would say pick the top 10 and give the 1 and 2 seeds a first round bye.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

That way the 'every game matters' motto can still be said, although not as much. Haven't thought about that one Ben.

Benjamin

There shouldn't be an "ever game matters" situation in the first place . It's natural for a team to make a silly mistake here and there that may cost them a game. Wisconsin lost a game on a fucking hail mary and then lost another because of a blocked punt. They have arguably the best running backs in the nation along with a top 5 QB. They could certainly beat anyone out there. Same thing probably applies to many other teams.

ThaHandyman

ThaHandyman Banned

As someone who plays in arguably, okay not quite tied with best conference in the NCAA, I don't think I can agree with that part.