LPA Holiday Giveaway - One Step Closer European Promo (PRO-2306)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Cinemamonster

Cinemamonster Are you watching closely?

I was at school...
    And it was Crawling!
    I remember I had no internet back then so I asked my friend to listen to it over the phone, I liked it soooo much!
    And then it was In The End, Numb...

Evil_SchizoGenius

Evil_SchizoGenius Member

The very first song i heard was "Crawling" in MTVLA back in 2001. I immediately fell in love with the song. Then I decided to buy the cd and I heard it in my room (approx May 2001).

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I heard In The End on the radio, so I went to my local library and rented Hybrid Theory. That version is still the version on my iPod today.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

I was 5 or 6 (2000 or 2001) and I heard In the End and Crawling on some CD mix my brother made the disc had other artists like Eminem and 3 Doors Down, Blink-182 etc
    However it wasn't until like 2007 when I heard Bleed it Out searching on youtube then I realized how much I liked it so I looked them up on iTunes, I listened to the 30 second snippets of Hybrid Theory and Meteora and I wanted to buy the albums but I didn't have a lot of money so I bought them song by song until I had all of them once I got all of them I remember listening to them for two hours straight listened to both of there albums, I was quite impressed. I bought the 'deluxe' versions which had My December High Voltage and Papercut (Live) and Meteora that had Lying From You (Live), Easier to Run (Live) and From the Inside (Live). Hybrid Theory I must say is an eternal album; never gets old. I can listen to it time after time and its always exciting to listen to.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

It was probably 2001~2002 when I borrowed MY DAD'S copy of it (he started it all), because I had watched the videos for OSC and Crawling on MTV and thought they were great songs, I had a new discman by then so I would play it over and over again when I was at my mom's work. 'In the End' was the very first song I learned completely in english, and look at me now, I express myself almost flawlessly. By that time, Hybrid Theory was pretty much the only album I'd listen to.
    ----------------------------------------

Maybe too much info there, but that's what I can remember the most clearly :) .. By the way, I'm just signing up today at the forum but been following LPA's website for a long time, and I have intervened a couple of times on twitter and on facebook. Great job guys.

PS: I just bought myself HT Special Edition for Christmas, so it was kinda cool to find this question in the contest, it continues to bring me back to such great memories.

Bradyoactiv

Bradyoactiv The world is your Cloyster LPA VIP

I was young so I don't know where I heard it or what my reaction specifically was. I just know that I continued to listen to it (and still do) and fell in love with Linkin Park. In The End was the first LP song I have ever heard though.

Mitch

Mitch YTB

It was either 2001 or 2002 and I had bought the cd with my birthday money and listened to it in my parents car. Good times!

A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays, LPA!

The first time I heard Hybrid Theory was actually at home. They showed the One Step Closer
    music video on MTv as they released the single. I was 13 years young and loved it, haha. Mike
    hanging from the ceiling with that red hair and Chester going all out. That year I got the Hybrid
    Theory CD for Christmas.

Iconic song, iconic album. Fantastic band.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    MFLP

MFLP Member

Nothing special, really. Saw "In the End" on MTV, loved it, and bought the album asap at the local record store. Easily the most played album I have - and I have, to say the least, a few by now.

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

God, I first heard In The End(2003), I fell in love with it. Than I heard Crawling some years later probably in 2007-2008, than One Step Closer, Papercut...And the only CD I got from LP is Hybrid Theory. I want every album, but I can't afford them.

lpjay2b

lpjay2b lpjay2b

Well,
    great contest, Thx LPA!!
    So, for the first time...I think I was at home,
    after school, and friend told me, "listen this, it's gonna give you another ass-hole"!!! His favorite words was "Just like before" from this famous song...
    And the day after, my lp's life has begun....
    ^^

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

Minutes to Midnight came out and my sister bought the CD. I listened to it once and didn't think much of it. A few months later my friend invited me to project revolution and i love it. So I went home and listened to all of linkin parks songs.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I heard demos before the album but I heard the album back in middle school 7th grade when it first came out in my school bus.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

My sister had some of the songs on the computer back in 2003. First song I listened to happened to be My December. I had a few of those songs burned onto a CD until 2004-2005 (can't remember which) when I got a copy of Hybrid Theory for Christmas, and have been following the band ever since. :)

_Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I first heard a Linkin Park song in 2001, which was 5th grade for me. We were having a talent show in Music class that day, and my friend Rob had brought in HT because he was going to rap "In the End" for the class. He showed me the CD and let me listen to the song, and I was hooked immediately. I must have listened to In the End five or six times that morning, and then that same friend bought me the album for Christmas.

The first time I actually listened to HT as a whole, however, wasn't until 2004. It's a little embarrassing to say, but whenever I played the album before then I would only listen to tracks 1 and 8. But in 2004, I went to the Czech Republic with my grandmother, and (since I had nothing to do on the plane ride over) I popped Hybrid Theory into my CD player and played it from cover to cover. I can't believe it took me so many years to actually do that, but I did it over and over again until I got home. As soon as I did, I downloaded every Linkin Park song that was on Limewire (some of which turned out to be music from bands like Trapt, and some of which were songs from Meteora and LPU CDs).

lpkilljoy

lpkilljoy Well-Known Member

I was with my older brother in his room at night drawing and listening to music. It was in 2000 or 2001 but i was in grade one. He had the album and everytime i went to draw with him he'd be playing In The End or Crawling. The cd basically remained in his stereo. This is one of my favorite memories. My brother is the reason why i love Linkin Park to ths day. ^_^

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The first time I heard Hybrid Theory was at my friends house when he had this new CD from this really cool band. But girls weren't supposed to be listening to screaming music, so I couldn't climb on the wagon.

Or, not until In The End hit pop radio about a year or so after that. By then I was old enough to kick the stupid gender role thing anyway.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I heard it for the first time in full in the studio, because I r teh Mike Shinoda.

Marvincho57

Marvincho57 New Member

Some years ago, when a friend showed me some songs by LP. I loved them so much I wanted to download everything, and I became a huge fan when I heard Hybrid Theory, and One Step Closer became my favorite song inmediately. Then I listened to Meteora, and I fell in love with LP, is an illness now!

Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I don't honestly remember the first time I heard Hybrid Theory in its entirety but I do remember quite distinctly the first time I heard One Step Closer. It was sometime in early 2001, around March, and I was pregnant with my daughter. The song was playing and she was kicking me like crazy, and as soon as it stopped, she stopped kicking me. It was the only song that she did that for the entire time I was pregnant with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.