LPA Holiday Giveaway - One Step Closer European Promo (PRO-2306)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    sotrix

sotrix @lplive

I was 11 then and I don't remember how I found out about Hybrid Theory or what song I heard first but I do remember getting my mother to drive me to a record store so I could buy the album as soon as it came out.

If you're randomly picking a winning post and this one is chosen, send the One Step Closer CD to Minus.

steffy

steffy New Member

The first time I heard "Hybrid theory" was cleaning my room, I need music for everything that I do and "HT" was "my chosen one" XD

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I knew about "In The End" from MTV, but the first time I've heard whole HT was at a party (circa late 2001) and there was HT lying there with other CDs, and I picked up HT and asked the DJ if he can play "In The End" because it's a great song. And he said: "They are ALL great on this album." Then I heard "Papercut" and the rest of them for the first time and it was the coolest thing I've ever heard.
    And I am a big fan ever since.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
    Futuresight

Futuresight Member

I was on the way home from school and listened to Meteora on my iPod. I decided to give Hybrid Theory a try, because I first fell in love with Meteora. I had borrowed the cd's from a friend of mine, and put them over to my iPod. I started listening to Hybrid Theory as I was walking, and "Oh my God! I can die happy now!" was the first thing thatwas on my mind when I blasted off with Papercut. Hearing the rest of the album, I just could not stop listening to it =D

rellina

rellina New Member

one step closer

when i first heard it was when i was looking for the kind of music that's somehow near to me i was looking for a band that there aim wasn't publishing filth but instead people who try to help people with their voices so once my bestfriend said that she had a nice song called In the end , i downloaded the song the i become aLP fan then more more through the years now I'm a LINKIN PARKER and i always try to introduce them to my comminity by asking for their CDs everywhere ( i bought 7 ATS CDs ) and gave them as presents writing about them in our school magazine, publishing their works like i asked 110 people for the donation for japan and etc. for me no matter what happens i'm always a linkin parker and i always pray for the band members when i pray for myself and family cz they really became a part of (yes it all started when i was 13 years old)

Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

i was 13 when i first heard an HT song. i heard a song playing at my friends house on his pc and i liked it a lot. i could not remember the name of the song or artist. so i turned on the net and typed a part of the lyrics which i could recall and it was - "forfeit the game".thus i came 2 know about linkin park and their debut album hybrid theory and i ended up listening to it for a whole month and nothing else.since then ive been a huge LP fan.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

It was after I saw an MTV Masters about LP...
    For the first time ever I heard their music and really recognizing their style (I am sure I've heard I The End or something other on the radio but thats not the same...) and I was exited!!!
    I started searching on the Internet and found the websites (LPA too^^)
    Someday I asked a schoolmate about LP and he played some songs to me... I liked them immediately!!! so I bought the CD and this was the beginning... :D
    Never before I was a FAN of a band because I never felt this way while listening music...

MayaXLP

MayaXLP New Member

In the bus, we were on a field trip. One of my friends decide to make us listen to some new songs she had. They were Ht songs and it was Love at First Listen! I fell Deeeeeply in love with LP that day. Talk about the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! <3<3

UmitBulut

UmitBulut Member

When i was 15..I was going to highschool first time.Science highscool..It was very different feeling.A student came my side,and ask me:''Do yo know Linkin Park?''
    I said:''Yes,i hear them.I know Numb from Meteora.But don't know very well.'' He said follow me.We were going to a class.He opened TV and said ''You must watch this.'' That music video was One Step Closer.I'm freezing that time.Yellow, red hairs and ''Just like before..'' That was awesome!And later days we're pretend like them.Each brake,we was watching OSC..We were trying to do choreography at the all breaks when we were school..''Absolutely remarkable days...

[A.W.]

[A.W.] Active Member

The first time I listend to HT was back in 2008 after I bought a digital MP3 Bonus Track Version from Amazon.I didn't know anything about LP at the time,but as soon as I listed to that album I just knew that there could be no one else in the world that could replace them. They are my favorite band today and they always will be.

(BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

My friend had an original Hybrid Theory tape. I already heard some songs by Linkin Park like Papercut or Crawling, so I decided to borrow this tape for a weekend. I listened the hole album and than my opinion was...I don't like this album, it's so boring, just mix of rap and rock, anyway i don't like rap so it's a shit.
    I took back the tape to my friend, said: As you said, it's a shit.
    After a month: I was listening to my music collection, and feels like...that Linkin Park wasn't so bad, I should borrow that music again.
    I said to my friend that: you know, you have that HT tape that you add me for a weekend, (I invented that:) my brother like that band, could you borrow me again that tape??!!
    The answer was naturally "Of course why not", I made a copy of the hole album, and listened it every day from the beginning to the end, the whole album, music style and everything become my favourite music that I ever heard.
    (than years later a Hybrid Theory CD was the coolest thing in the world with it's quality after a copyed low sound tape)

So that's my Hybrid Theory Story :)

Vdubster

Vdubster Member

I had just left high school (i'm in the UK by the way) and was sitting at home trying to decide what to do with my life, was bored with all the thinking and decision making and just started flicking through the music channels on Sky TV and happened to stumble across MTV playing One Step Closer, From that moment on i was a Linkin Park fan. I bought HT as soon as I could and listened to it on repeat for like a month. From then on I've bought most of their releases (including 2 "A Thousand Suns" Deluxe Fan Edition box sets), seen them live twice, i'm a member of the LPU, LP Street Team and the fan sites. I've even introduced friends and family to their music.

They are IMO one of the greatest band ever to have been formed and i cannot wait for their next album and tour.

James

Pandayna

Pandayna Who can get me backstage passes?

I don't remember exactly when I first heard LP's Hybrid Theory. I was only 9 or 10 at the time it came out. But I do remember hearing "In The End" on the radio in my step-mom's car one night as we were driving home. I was silently singing the lyrics in my head, and I remember her turning to another station right in the middle of the song... She said something about the lyrics being depressing, and "I shouldn't listen to that kind of music". I almost burst into tears... :')

Not a very pleasant memory, but it's definitely one I won't ever forget.

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I heard it in 2003, a friend of mine had Meteora and Hybrid Theory and showed me both of them. I went totally fanatic (I only heard Numb, Faint and Crawling before on the tv, and looked everywhere for the cds), and loved them since that day. And I still do, I think LP will always be my number 1 band.

Bane

Bane Together we'll fight the long defeat

Lying in a hospital bed fighting Aplastic Anaemia(a blood disorder, similar to cancer) in 2004. I discovered Linkin Park in probably the darkest time of my life. The entire of HT really touched me, the power of the music. Especially Pushing Me Away. When you wake up each day not knowing whether or not you'll live to see the next, there's little that can really keep you optimistic. I cannot begin to describe how amazing it was when I slipped on my earphones and got lost in the sound of LP every single day. It became a ritual, starting my day with the music that got me ready to face whatever comes my way. I can definitely attribute LP as one of reasons I'm here today. They helped give me the will to live:)

teanha

teanha Member

First time I heard HT I was going thru a rough time after my divorce and was depressed and angry...this album got me thru it...

No Roads Left

No Roads Left New Member

My 1st taste of LP

When I was in sixth grade i saw a video on youtube at my house featuring runaway. Then I found out it was an LP song. The day after I bought hybrid theory and I have been hooked ever since

Jen88

Jen88 Member

For Christmas one year my brother brought me Hybrid Theory. I was maybe 14 or 15 at the time, and I'd heard of Linkin Park before and I liked quite a lot of their songs, but I hadn't heard the album in full until that Christmas day. I literally listened to the album on a loop everyday for almost a year, and it's probably one of the only CDs I own that I never get tired of. Even eleven years after it was released, Hybrid Theory still sounds fresh and new to me.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Hybrid Theory came out when I was really young and not yet into music so I didn't end up discovering Linkin Park until a little after Minutes to Midnight came out. I fell in love with that album and listened to it all the time. One day at a friend's house he saw that I had MTM on my MP3 player so he put Hybrid Theory and Mereora on it for me. That night we went camping and in the morning, being an early riser and to nice to wake a sleeping friend, I listened to HT and Meteora start to finish while I had nothing else to do. At first I had no idea what I had just listened to, I just thought that the music was weird. Even though I didn't really like them that much I couldn't stop listening to both albums over the next few weeks. All the songs eventually grew on me though and I had fallen in love with both albums.

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

The first time I ever heard a Linkin Park song was when In The End aired on a national, alternative radiochannel. I liked the different sides to the song and turned up the volume whenever it came to my ears. Back in the day I wasn't busy with music at all. I liked songs but I wouldn't hunt for new tracks/albums/artists like I do now.

One day I went to my pre-military school and on the way there In The End aired again. Once in school I talked about it with my friend and I tried to remember the bands name of that song. I couldn't figure it out and had to hum the melody to the friend.. Halfway those 10 or so remarkable ( legendary ) keys from the main melody he said: 'dude, that's Linkin Park, don't you know them?' Well I had to reply with no but he promised to copy Hybrid Theory to a cd. The cd vanished into my discman and didn't come out untill I had my own original album. I listened to it very very many times and I still do. Linkin Park has changed my taste in music and the way music is a part of my life. I will never stop being a fan of those guys :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.