"It's a Good Mix of Old and New" Linkin Park Talk New Album in Kerrang!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic No game no life

Perfect news to me. A mix of old and new sounds awesome :3

2. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Congratulations!!!!!!!

3. Arun1910

Arun1910 Well-Known Member

The album will sound awesome because, well, its Linkin Park!

P.S, Hey guys :D

4. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Welcome to the site! Love your sig by the way. :lol:

5. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome Arun! Good to have you on board! (yes I made a pun because these are boards :awesome:)

6. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

OMGZ SO CLEVUR!!!111 :awesome:

7. Arun1910

Har har! Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

8. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Welcome Arun! Hope you stick around.

To the 400+ guests lurking the forums, sign up and post here. What the hell are you waiting for? :rastamike:

---

I just want a song on this new album that tops When They Come For Me. Make it happen, LP!

9. Derek

No problem! Hope you enjoy it here!

10. Arun1910

Btw im going to tell a little story, not hijacking the thread but.. When I was 14 I met chester and his family and his big black bodyguard (no racism) in disneyland PARIS at night time :D! His bodyguard told me to go away but chester walked to me and said pleasure to meet you. I nearly died :p. Then he said after the ride do you want to talk for a bit and i was like ":D:D:DD:D: YEAH!". And low behold after the ride he was waiting down at the ride exit for me with his fam :D

11. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Haha, awesome! You should make a thread in Newbie Camp and introduce yourself there! :)

12. Derek

Is that where the picture is from in your avatar? And wow that is really incredible of Chester to do. Even when he's with his family he still makes time for fans, now that is a stand up dude. Glad you got that picture to cherish :).

13. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Holy Shit. You lucky so and so... :lol:

Welcome to the LPA!

14. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

The guys will do fine as they always do :p

Great news and a great album on the way, i'm pretty damn sure about it!

15. Arun1910

Yeah! I think you can make out a tower in the background, or at least a light from the castle that was behind us :)

16. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

Come on guys, let us settle down. No need for the downing of other people's opinions or the bickering over the "old" and "new" sound. I think many of you are over analyzing the statements made; "Oh it's going to be this! and that!" The only thing I'm going to infer is that the band is trying to find a way to please all of the fans; the fans who only like their "old" stuff, the fans who only like their "new" stuff and fans that are in the middle, that don't mind either. You must realize though, they aren't going to have anybody stop them from making an album that they would enjoy listening to. Hey, maybe my opinion is a little far out there but no matter what they do, I'm going to give it a listen when it comes out; I may love it, I may hate it. I'm excited that we have a studio update. Can't wait for the new album. Thank you, I do hope you respect my thoughts.

17. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

MTM was risky and expirimental for Linkin Park because it took their "old sound" of Nu-metal and basically wiped it clean. It was basically a new start, if you will of what Linkin Park sounded like. Say what you will, but MTM was drastically different than its predecessors. It's more common for a band now a days to stick with what works. LP Was known as the band with 3 minute songs with rapping in the verse and singing or screaming in the chorus. MTM was devoided of that. They lost a lot of "Metal" or "Numetal" fans with that record.

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually hear any of the new material, but I really hope we didn't just see evidence of the band caving in on the evolution of their sound.

19. Arun1910

I just want more guitar, that doesnt mean heavy riffs, just MORE guitar, theres hardly any of that on ATS.

20. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Damn I havent posted here in a long ass time but glad I checked and got to see that article. Though I like ATS and HT/M, I think it is nice to know that they are comfortable with there old sound and dont have it in there head that they have to force themselves to stray away from it like Mike said. I think this will allow them to relax and make there music better since they arent forcing a dramatic change in sound from their old days. I mean who knows how much cool shit they could of came up with on ATS but thought to themselves, "hmm this sounds fucking awesome but a little bit like something we could of done on our last albums, lets throw it away and restart." I could see that getting really frustrating tiring. Who knows this could help them in recording and now that the guys have progressed this far musically and lyrically, a dash of the old stuff may bring about something new and cool also. Im sure we will all like it in the end anyways. I personally wanna hear some dirty rymes from mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.