AUDIO: Mr. Hahn - Tasty Gas Station Breaks From The Orient

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Track 1 - "Gas station" intro sample, various speech samples used in early LP live concert intros/random drum and synth loop/samples from Crawling
    Track 2 - Samples from By Myself/vocal samples from Cure for the Itch (without the pitch shifting effects added to them)/random samples
    Track 3 - Random samples
    Track 4 - Guitar sample from Carousel/random samples
    Track 5 - Random samples, one of which is a string sample that sounds a lot like the one used in the live intro to Papercut from 2004-2007
    Track 6 - Random samples/"siren" noise from the end of Esaul (also may have been used in early live versions of A Place for My Head)
    Track 7 - "Whoo-hah!" sample from Forgotten (mixed with other random samples)/background drum beat from Forgotten verses (also used in the intro of the live version of Forgotten)
    Track 8 - Scratching samples from Points of Authority/random whirring noise/guitar sample from Points of Authority (likely used for the short sampled guitar part in the outro of the live version of the song)
    Track 9 - Random samples - among them, a distorted noise very similar to the one at the end of Session, the distorted female "hey!" vocal sample used in It's Goin' Down, and the "cut it up" vocal sample used in KYUR 4 TH ICH/"hair dryer" sound effect at end is very similar to a sample used in Numb
    Track 10 - Random samples/female speech from intro of It's Goin' Down demo/screeching noise from With You intro/more random samples
    Track 11 - Random samples
    Track 12 - Random samples/samples from Dedicated (also used in It's Goin' Down)/samples from Step Up (with a couple other random samples mixed in)
    Track 13 - Intro sample from Technique/"break it down" vocal sample used in KYUR 4 TH ICH/drum loop with some beatboxing (this sounds REALLY familiar, but I can't figure out where it's from)
    Track 14 - Random samples/distorted female "hey!" vocal sample used in It's Goin' Down (again)/more random samples
    Track 15 - Samples from In the End (interesting that the piano part is included in this, as Joe typically plays that on an MPC, he must not have at some point in the early days)
    Track 16 - Random samples
    Track 17 - Random samples
    Track 18 - The loop used for Joe's primary "scratch sound" used on numerous early Linkin Park songs

Some of the samples on here are interesting - the Technique and Carousel samples are pretty good indicators that those songs were performed live at some point, and the presence of a couple samples that wound up on Reanimation/Meteora show that some of those sounds were already in LP's repertoire in 2001. It's also possible that some of the drum loops and things like that may be from unreleased material too.

Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

That sounds like the sample used on Handsome Boys Modelling School - Rock and Roll (Could never Hip Hop Like This) Part 2.

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

Sure thing, that was my intentions.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

As I wrote previously, the beatboxing is from Deftones - Around the Fur, 1997 :)

Derek

Question, did LPLive/LPT/Anywhere already feature these on their front page? I just want to make sure I notate that if the case.

*EDIT* Nevermind, that vinyl was an exclusive on another site (google it). To avoid drama, I wont be posting it :lol:.

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

The original poster has no idea where he got them from. He just remembers downloading it.

lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I just look after this and yes, the siren noise were used in the live versions of A Place for My Head.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I need my pc fix :(

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Sorry for off-topic line, but when I tried first to download from the Megaupload mirror the site didn't open and I thought I had a weak signal, but I read that FBI closed the site. It's quite a shock for me as I used it to upload my music there.

Derek

LPL hosted the PR vinyls back in August. Assuming the link you posted are the "PR DJ Breaks" vinyl and not something awesomely different.

DJHybridmixes

DJHybridmixes New Member

Yeah, I'm Mason Williams, and now that you mention it, that sounds like where I probably got them from. All I could remember was finding them on my computer one day and being surprised by them before. :p

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Ah, I thought I recognized those from somewhere! I was looking at them going: "I'm pretty sure I have those... how the hell did I get hold of something LP-related that Derek from LPA hasn't got... is that even possible?" :p That explains it all though, I must have downloaded it from LPL a few months ago.

Anyway, back on the original topic, I wonder if Mr Hahn still has this collection of samples, but now in digital form on his Serato Scratch laptop system? Like a big digital archive of all of his previous scratch vinyls, able to access any of them at any time. I'd kill (well, not literally...) to have a look through the sample collection on the laptop he runs live!

MajiksMonster

MajiksMonster Producer/Musician

Looking forward to having these! But I got to say.. SLOWEST DOWNLOAD EVAR!!

Pakkun Purgatory

MajiksMonster

MajiksMonster Producer/Musician

Oh man. Me too!

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

The beginning of track one was used in the first recorded show, as an intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWqBUpfr3YU just thought that would be a cool little fact :3
    Also used in a lot of shows around 2000, maybe 2001.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    [A.W.]

[A.W.] Active Member

The begining of the first track on the projekt revolutuin break is very similar to the song ''We Are Dead'' by ''Does it Offend You, Yeah?''

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Track #11 really speaks to me. ;)

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Okay, this is a Quote from the eBay seller from which the vinyl came from. You might want to add it to the front page.

"It was in the collection of Dj Cheapshot from the hip-hop group's Styles Of Beyond and Lexicon. Joe Hahn learned to DJ in the early 2000's from Z-Trip and few others and every collection I get from a underground dj in LA has alot of Linkin Park stuff because he personally serviced all these guys"

Also, if LPA wants a rip of Projekt Revolution Breaks, im actually buying the vinyl very soon.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Derek

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.