LPA Monthly Mix-Up March: Hip-Hop

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;Z3uZDVJbduI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3uZDVJbduI[/video]

This is what I had until now. Unfortunately, I only have the demo version of FL studio and therefore can't finish it (structure still needed a lot of work + some things needed to be edited + vocals). But I'm gonna make another one (hopefully I'll be able to finish it in one row this time), one that's more fitting to put vocals on because honestly, I wasn't keeping vocals in my mind when making this one so yeah.

Anyways, I hope this (very rough version of what it was supposed to be) still is enjoyable for you guys!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I greatly enjoyed this! This sounds pretty awesome. Obviously, as an instrumental it starts to get a bit repetative, but I'm sure this will change when the vocals are added.

A suggestion: rather than having to re-create the whole thing from scratch, could you not just use this as a stereo "instrumental" track in a new project, and mix in the vocals/acapellas on top? Obviously you don't have as much flexibility to change things in the instrumental this way, but it might be easier than trying to re-create the whole thing from scratch maybe? Anyway, cool work dude.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I appreciate it and I am glad you enjoyed it!

I thought of that but it's pretty damn hard to find an acapella that actually fits this beat. That or I'm not searching hard enough.

And the reason why I wanna start something completely new is because yeah, the thing about hip-hop is that the lyrics are in a certain tempo specifically for that beat (the beat is mostly made first, and the rapper will rap his lyrics over it). So in order to make a beat fitting for already existing raps (let's say Fort Minor - Remember The Name), then I think it's best to actually make a beat over the acapella.

Also, I have the feeling that my Blackout Remix still needed a lot of changes in terms of structure, mastering (the backround melody is too silent at times in comparison with the beat imo), etc. so yeah, I'm actually in a dilemma whether or not to start over.

But I'm glad this turned out to be good already, knowing it was made in like 5-6 hours (and me still not being that experienced with music haha).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I usually stick to just rapping instead of producing but anyway this is a draft of my remix of My december. Once the beat is done I plan on rapping over it, let me know what you guys think of it so far. Just spent the last couple hours working on it.

http://soundcloud.com/rahatc/my-december-hip-hop-remix-wip

As of now I'm feeling really brain dead, have no idea where to take this. I might end up trashing this and starting a different song entirely.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Sounds pretty dope so far. :)

Jason

Jason "My pep talk turned into a pep rally." LPA VIP

I have been patiently waiting for this genre... :)

Count me in, folks. I'll have plenty of time over Spring Break to lay something down.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

For those who listened to my previous remix, well, I tried something else...

[video=youtube;ERcLhYOHXW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERcLhYOHXW8[/video]

I hope you guys like it ;)

Btw, if you guys want the instrumental, just say the word.

EDIT: Probably gonna do edits on this version. However, I won't post the final version until the end of the month. Otherwise this thread will be filled with like 30 different versions of my remix. So yeah, if you have any critique on this one, feel free to tell, it can be helpful for the final product.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

@LinkinPark0394 That sound hot! I like your use of the voice samples, I'm doing that in my own remix too.

Edit: I finished up the instrumental for my submission, I ended up not continuing with the my december remix. I chose crawling and this is what came out, let me know what you all think. Final version will have verses added in from me. Will take care of that once I can get back into the studio:

http://soundcloud.com/rahatc/crawling-raindrops-remix

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

@LinkinPark0394 great beat - good choice (the acapella)
    especially when you expect the former version... "lets try something else" and that dope beat drops in!

@Rahat cool... yesterday I listened to that Demo version of crawling and at the point where mike raps I thought: That would be cool for a hip hop remix :D so you read my mind and did it very well!
    dont know if its my speaker but I think the scratch at the beginning is a little bit too loud...

after all that electronic music, dance, trance its cool to hear some different stuff now
    dont get me wrong I liked it too but a little change is good sometimes :D
    and I'm still learning to work in fl studio, so another genre means new things to learn ;)

I'm currently working on mine...

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!

@ro-i-Bot, I'm glad you said that the intro kinda made you expect something like the previous version, it's precisely what I wanted :). Also something that I did (but it's probably not noticable) is that I used a different beat for each person rapping. F.e. Ryu will have another beat playing than Mike. Although it seems kinda messy now because of that so I'll probably edit some things here and there to make it sound less chaotic... maybe :p

@Rahat; Very nice, man! It's funny, I considered doing something with the intro from Krwlng too but I ended up using Blackout. You made a very nice beat imo, it fits the strings. The only thing I can say is make the beat sound a bit louder and make the scratch (at 0:17) and the reversed cymbals less loud (because they're way too loud in comparison with the rest of the song).

Keep it up!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Thank you both for the suggestions will definitely be tweaking the instrumental before my final submission.

LpRools

LpRools New Member

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to LPA, kickass remix! Completely unexpected sound. It's like Skrillex meets NES meets Bhangra meets Hip-Hop. DOPE.

Infact, all entries so far this month have been great so far. Could we top last month? Very possible!

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Rasputin 93

Rasputin 93 rammwiki.net

Oh Fuck -.-
    you stole my idea of mashing up those instrumentals from Bushido with LP...
    I'll try some other rap artist I like...

Classic Sonic

Classic Sonic Active Member

actually you are right
    but i sampled some parts and made some loops
    and put my own stuff
    becuase i know from last time mash-ups are not allowed anymore

LpRools

LpRools New Member

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Damn you went all out on that. Very good job.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Wow. That was insane. One of the best yet. I don't know how hip-hop it is, but I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.