Formula 1 General Discussion

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Cyanide, Mar 8, 2012.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Any fans of Formula 1 around here? Reveal yourselves as the 2012 season is soon to begin!

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Very excited indeed :)

Pretty bummed out that Sky bought some of the rights to broadcast the races from the BBC, over here in the UK. However their new channel looks fantastic! I can't wait to see how it is!

I can't see anyone getting close to Sebastian Vettel in all honesty. I can only see him going from strength to strength. I wish I was wrong but that's the way I see it - the Red Bull team had the edge last season and I am guessing they will do so this as well!

---

great site to get up-to-date news and current affairs on the sport:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

The new Sky Sports channel looks awesome.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Great to see some fans. :)

Just watching the Sky channel now, and it's a superb start so far. Their in-depth season preview until now is absolutely flawless. Anyone doubting whether a subscription is worth it, just seriously go for it. Far better than anything BBC showed about Formula 1.

Regarding the season, I doubt Vettel will dominate as much this year. McLaren look strong, along with Mercedes and Lotus. Not sure about Ferrari, they look quite concerned about their performance.

Anyway, I would like to update this thread as frequently as possible with news. So if anyone is interested, keep checking this thread for more stuff. :)

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm a great Michael Schumacher fan and I've been loving F1 ever since I was a kid. I'm not watching it as much as I used in the last 4-5 years, but still enjoy seeing a race from time to time when I get the chance.

I've been planning to go to the Hungarian GP for a long time (since it's the closest to me), but always some other plans get in the way during the summer. I'm gonna try to go this year because I hear there are good chances Michael will retire for good after this season and it's be a shame not to see him at least once :)

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

I think Michael's still got a few tricks up his sleeve. Already last year he was doing better compared to 2010. And whoever watched the Canadian Grand Prix in 2011, will tell you that he's still got it and is able to keep going on for a few more years. Nevertheless, you should go to the Hungarian one, been there once, and it's a great atmosphere. Also the grandstands are quite well positioned, especially at the main start/finish line, you get a great view of the first corner, as well as the podium and the garages.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Yeah no doubt he's still got it, if everyone was driving the same cars, I'd have no problem putting my money on him. But he's saying his car is really improved this year, so yeah.. we'll see how it goes for him.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Speaking of Schumi:

Schumacher prepared for 'hero or zero' season

Michael Schumacher says the margin between success and failure will be narrower this year as he prepares for a close battle with Mercedes' rivals.

Last year Mercedes finished a solid fourth in the constructors' championship, but its performance was a long way off the top three cars and comfortably clear of the midfield. This year Schumacher is expecting a closer fight behind Red Bull, which he believes is the favourite for victory at the opening round.

[​IMG]

"Victory for me is unlikely, I see Red Bull in front," he told his official website. "Behind them it will be tight, and you can be either hero or zero very quickly. It will come down a lot to the ability of how well you will be setting up your car to the respective track."

However, he is confident Mercedes has had its most positive pre-season testing programme since he joined the team in 2010.

"The car is reliable which is already good," he said. "The first impression was already quite positive. We were driving out of the box with the car and everything went well, so there is potential. We are heading into the season much better prepared than in the past two years, and we can fully concentrate onto the development of our car."

He added: "The speed is promising. I hope we can show that in Melbourne. We were able to drive a lot during the tests and therefore learn a lot too, and we certainly have made a step forward. Just that I would want to wait until after the first races to judge how big this step is and how much it is worth compared to our competitors."

Asked why he is remaining cautious, Schumacher said: "Because we have experienced last year that you can be very wrong relying on the data coming out of the winter tests. And because we can see that the field will be very narrow this year. I do not have a clear picture yet. What we can say though is that the gap between the several teams will not be as big as it has been last year."

Attached Files:

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

For SkySports F1 subscribers, here's the schedule for today, Sunday and next week, when the first race of the season gets underway in Melbourne.

Sky Sports F1 this week
    Saturday 10th March 2012
    12:00 to 13:15 - Formula One Season Review 1988
    16:00 to 17:15 - Formula One Season Review 1989
    18:00 to 18:30 - Special Report: F1 Countdown
    19:00 to 20:00 - Time of Our Lives: GP Greats
    20:00 to 22:45 - Formula One Season Review 2011 (Parts 1 and 2)

Sunday 11th March 2012
    12:00 to 13:15 - Formula One Season Review 1990
    16:00 to 17:15 - Formula One Season Review 1991
    20:00 to 23:00 - Formula One Season Review 2011 (Parts 3 and 4)

Thursday 15th March 2012
    19:00 to 19:15 - Sky Sports News at F1
    19:30 to 20:00 - Inside Grand Prix

Friday 16th March 2012
    01:00 to 03:20 - LIVE: Australian Grand Prix: Practice 1
    05:15 to 07:20 - LIVE: Australian Grand Prix: Practice 2
    09:30 to 10:30 - LIVE: The F1 Show

Saturday 17th March 2012
    02:45 to 04:10 - LIVE: Australian Grand Prix: Practice 3
    05:00 to 07:45 - LIVE: Australian Grand Prix: Qualifying

Sunday 18th March 2012
    04:30 to 09:00 - LIVE: Australian Grand Prix
    09:00 to 09:30 - Legends: Mansell
    19:30 to 21:00 - Australian Grand Prix: Highlights

For those who missed the launch, together with the F1 Show, the channel is constantly repeating content throughout the week so be on the lookout.

Australian Grand Prix - Friday Practice 1: 5 days remaining.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Cars and team supplies arrive in Melbourne

Plans got in motion on Sunday morning as over-night flights brought Mercedes GP's W03 at the scene, as it was being pushed to the team's garage. Force India's supplies also made it safely to their destination, while Marussia driver Timo Glock was already circling around the track in the morning. Other teams and drivers are expected to arrive later today and by Tuesday, everyone should be at the scene.

[​IMG]

Weather Forecast for the 2012 Qantas Australian Grand Prix

Friday, March 16th
    [​IMG]
    Scattered T-Storms, Temp: 79°F

Saturday, March 17th
    [​IMG]
    Sunny, Temp: 71°F

Sunday, March 18th
    [​IMG]
    Sunny, Temp: 74°F

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

nice to see the Mclaren boys back on top :)

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

yep. At the end of the season, mclaren will earn the golden pineapple.