Rumored Tour Date: Mansfield, MA 8/14

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Joe summed it up better than I could have. In no way, shape or form did we EVER state this date as an official tour date or even state that we totally believed it. Hence the word "Rumored" in the news title, and also the mention in the very news post itself that it's not confirmed. Shall this turn out to be entirely false and inaccurate, it still doesn't hurt our credibility as a fansite because we never stated it as confirmed. We've always been careful in our 10 years as a fansite to mention "rumors" as rumors (when they are such) and fact as fact. We did nothing wrong here. Our job is to post information for Linkin Park.

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

I apologize for any controversy caused I just found this to be noteworthy and thought it would be a great discussion topic.

Derek

You did zero wrong dude. Don't eat yourself up over it :).

saad94

saad94 Well-Known Member

I think the album will be out sooner than August 14. Maybe in the middle of June, but that's only my guess.

gunsman

gunsman Member

I don't know if my eyesight has gone bad, but it seems the date for LP has been removed.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

This. :chuck:

It makes all the pre-album maddness all the more fun.

LP13413

LP13413 Linkin Park fan

I'm going to quote what I just said in the same post on LPLive:

I think Adam (and Mike) are on the right track.

Everyone's so quick to jump the gun at every LP news they see from sources that aren't officially tied to the band. I'm not holding my breath over this, I'd rather hear it strait from Linkin Park, or the LPU first before jumping to conclusions, then having the date be false information.

I honestly think any tour information (other than the European festivals) will be announced after [insert fifth LP album] is

Derek

The difference is that Mike was only being fun and teasing in that twitter comment. It wasn't a reprimand for us "jumping the gun" but more like a fun jab/egging by Mike to suggest that radio stations are not exactly the most credible sources on the planet. Sure we even took it the wrong way at first (as him discredting us publicly instead of him having fun), but judging by the fact that the album is indeed "nearly finished" and is indeed shooting for a summer release, it's obvious that Mike was just poking fun and not trying to discredit us with that twitter reply. Now I'm not defending the radio station that tweet referenced, as they obviously were talking out their rear ends, but the fact is...just because a radio station doesn't have the right info, doesn't mean they're necessarily far off. Nor does it mean that because something is a rumor that our site shouldn't post it. Sure rumors are sometimes false, and sometimes a waste of time to spread but as long as we are doing our part to notate rumors as such...at the end of the day, is healthy speculation really hurting anybody?

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

You know how some people take things way to seriously! *shrugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.