Exclusive New Album Details: Chester Talks to Kerrang! Magazine | Full Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's what they say, yeah ;"

2. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

You're right Derek, i would love to hear "meteora" elements that was from the LPU11... that would be great...

3. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I can't believe this is the 19th page. :WTF:

4. Knt.Slbs

hahaha..... that's right.... total awesome :WTF:

5. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Pfft, n00bz.

Real fans view their forums in the highest post per page possible.

:p

6. minuteforce

Depending on how many there are crowding up the same thread ;D

This is just the beginning, though. It'll only get better, or worse, from here, depending on your perspective

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This is crazy for me, seeing as it's my first album cycle as a member of the LPA. :awesome:

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Quoting Dave from our exclusive phone interview with him circa 2006 (cause it still applies today):

"Dave: I think at times that's why there's so much conflicting information about us, because if you ask any of the six guys something, they'll tell you a completely different answer based on what they like or they think. There's no universal "Linkin Park Platform" that all six of us agree on."

So basically, until we have the physical album in our hands and are listening to it and forming our own conclusions about how it sounds, it's almost worthless to take these interviews too seriously. Because despite similarities in some of the statements, there's always going to be conflicting information between each band member because they all have their own "view" of how the record sounds. Fans are battling/getting heartburn over this, and it might not be even worth getting ruffled over. This album could be superior to ATS for all we know.

Also to make things clear so that nobody can ever accuse me of being an "HT/Meteora" hater, here are my fav LP albums in terms of ranking:

1. ATS
    2. HT (extremely close second)
    3. Reanimation
    4. MTM
    5. Meteora
    Notice how two of the "old sound" albums are in my top 3? I have nothing wrong with the old sound. It's just that it's ran it's course and I want to see the band continue to evolve, as I want them to have staying power. Unless you're AC/DC you really don't get staying power by barely changing your sound for 30 years. U2 have 'reinvented' themselves more than any rock band, and they're still going strong. The Beatles did a career's worth of evolution in 4 albums, and they're considered one of the most influential acts of the 20th century. There's a reason for that: they pushed the envelope when everyone expected them to just stand still.

9. lime treacle

Why do.. is Reanimation really an album? Do people take it that seriously?

10. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I might catch hell for this, but fuck it... This sounds a lot like Linkin Park, in my opinion... I see them pushing boundaries, and I like it. As much as everyone would hate to admit it, every single album that LP has released, I feel have pushed boundaries. Even Meteora. Yes, I said it. I think Meteora was a necessary album for the band to make. Yes, HT went diamond, but Meteora's main purpose (again, in my opinion) was to solidify the band as more than a flash in the pan "one-hit wonder" band. There were signs of brilliance on the album that go easily overlooked. I think them making "Breaking The Habit" was a crucial turning point in the band's history. That song is so unique to anything they previously made. Also, I remember reading or hearing an interview before Minutes To Midnight came out from Chester saying the "The new album sounds more like "Breaking The Habit" than anything else we've done." Also, I think "From The Inside" was another "boundary pusher." I say this because it had that progressive guitar sound to it that is more prevalent in Minutes. Anyways, yes, there were some weak parts in Meteora, but I think it was a key part for the band to open their eyes and unleash their creative spark. I can go on and on about Meteora, but again, dead horses deserve to let lie. Every other album, I believe speaks for it's self as a boundary pusher.

11. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Reanimation is an excellent album. Tons of original production and in many cases, the songs are superior to the original. Forgotten, My December, and Pushing Me Away get EXCELLENT treatments on Reanimation.

And just so I'M clear:

1. ATS and Reanimation (tie)
    2. HT and MTM (tie)
    3. Everything else (EP, Collision Course, live DVDs)
    4. Meteora

12. lime treacle

Finally someone said it! I agree, because I never thought Hybrid Theory and Meteora sounded the same.

--

1. Minutes to Midnight
    2. A Thousand Suns
    3. Meteora
    4. Hybrid Theory

13. Knt.Slbs

Every album has its own unique description

Hybrid Theory - Balance of hard and soft elements [the original, most unique album]
    Reanimation - Up level version of Hybrid Theory
    Meteora - with hard elements, carbon copy of Hybrid Theory [artistic album]
    Minutes To Midnight - with soft elements, departure of the old sound [the most stripped down, raw album]
    A Thousand Suns - a concept album, with mid-tempo elements, embracing the risk [the most creative, unique album]

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I always have believed that Linkin Park are pushing boundaries. They're not a generic rock band, and although many bands have since imitated their "Hybrid Theory sound"...nobody actually *sounds* like Linkin Park. That's why I want this new album, even if it has elements of the old sound, to still challenge and excite people. Linkin Park are at their best when they're moving forward and taking big risks.

15. Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

I WANT THE NEW ALBUM ALREADY !!!! This Linkin Pie thingie is cracking me up xD
    Seriously, I can't want to see how Linkin Park are developing their music..ATS was a shock but it was better than i ever though :)

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Only thing missing from Reanimation...

Team Sleep's version of My December.

Someday....someday.

17. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

"How ha the positivity rubbed off in the sound of the record?"

This part is wrong. To start with there's a typo in the heading and where it says "It's not finding the positive twist..." it should be "It's about finding the positive twist..."

18. minuteforce

Third run for me. Get ready for hordes of new members (overflow from the cesspool that is the LPMB), as well as people who joined years ago but have never posted, and lots of pointless threads that are all the same and are chock-full of newbies who can't spell and love "Meteora" more than life itself.

Also, any album-related news we get leading up to the release, however minor, will result in threads like this. ;)

^ This is how I'd list them as well. :)

To me, a large part of what makes "A Thousand Suns" special is the production skills which Shinoda first displayed in his remixes on "Reanimation" - only, this time, he and the rest of the band got to indulge a lot more and really push it to extremes without any external producers being involved. It shows how they've expanded in terms of musical influences because the variety of music on "Reanimation", resulting from the myriad of collaborators, is now something the band can match on their own.

"A Thousand Suns" is also an example of how Shinoda can oversee coordinate the creation of an entire album and ensure the end result is a unified, consistent work, something also achieved on "Reanimation".

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  19. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Day Three: Dear diary. I'm beginning to go crazy in this solitude. I'm hallucinating the same posts over and over again. In fact, come to think about it, I'm beginning to think this may have started years and years ago. I can't pinpoint exactly, but I believe signs of this may have occurred in the months leading up to March 23rd 2003, May 15th 2007 and September 14th 2010.

Linkin Park, if you're reading this it's too late for me, but please, for the love of all that is holy and my future children, I beg you... do not talk about or promote any current or upcoming projects you may be involved with. Specifically new albums. You have no idea of the unhindered chaos you will cause. If you choose to sporadically announce album release dates with no expectations or prior promotion, there may be a chance for future generations. However, if you choose to give interviews about your work in progress and allow your fans to speculate on vague and open-ended keywords and quotes... may God have mercy on us all.

- Curious Bow

20. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.