RUMOR: Linkin Park's New Single To Be Called "Burn It Down" April 16th Release Date?

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkoverLight

DarkoverLight Member

I'd laugh if this song was just a cover of Avenged Sevenfold's Burn It Down, and the new album was a cover album.:trollface:

2. VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Oh man, can someone please turn this into a LPA-exclusive "Bitch please" meme? Like, drawn, black on white? :lol:

3. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

1st post...

The new members wave is growing :headbang:

I visit LPA for years, but I never sign up before...so after I read this entire thread I decide to join too. I love LPA!!!

About the thread, I love the "supposed-almost-confirmed-first-single-name". Feels like very energetic, but it's just a name.
    Looking for to the snippets of the songs to confirm what I already know, LP's new album is gonna be my dream album.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Welcome to LPA! :come2brazil:

Enjoy it here!

5. Ace_Linkin

Ace_Linkin I Can Count To Potato

Burn It Down sounds super intense... if this turns out to be real im hoping it seriously mixes the old and the new... i have a vision and a thought of what i am expecting/ want but cant really form it into words.

tho all my expectations and wants will all crumble when the single/album drops and its something totally different :p

6. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

So, I leave LPA for a couple of days and BOOM. Oh, hello there, 560 comment/29 page thread on a possible single release. Very exciting!

Welcome to all the new members of LPA we have on this thread - as a relatively recent member myself, I can tell you that you will enjoy it here (and I'm not usually a fan of the often murky world of internet forums :p )

7. Derek

What I find most interesting is the fact that Linkin Park were going for AAA adds, which is "Adult Album Alternative":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult_album_alternative

Songs in AAA generally go towards more of a classic rock format and less of a heavy metal/hard rock format and normally cater more to adults than teenagers. Could mean that Warner felt this song to be more "alternative" than "hard rock", which coincides with what Mike/Chester have said about the album not being too metal.

8. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

LP have played in Canada about a dozen times since 2000. You know, that country that is attached to the U.S. No love for their northern neighbours. :(

9. Derek

Oh you mean the 51st sta.......

Just kidding.

10. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

If Linkin Park goes indie, I'll love it!!!

Anyway, LP was always alternative to me and I prefer that way over new metal.

11. Derek

[​IMG]

There IS hope for the world. You win all the internetz I can give you.

12. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*whispers* no he's not...... Relax, they don't come here too and I'm live in the south!

13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

52nd. You're forgetting Puerto Rico.

14. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I've been an hardcore LP fan for the past 8 years, they are and always will be my number 1 band, but I swear to God if LP goes indie I'll lose all the respect I have for them and I will never listen to them again, ever. That would be one of the biggest deceptions of my life. I'd prefer LP going reggae or even dubstep than becoming indie-shit.

15. nike724

nike724 Member

Felt the need to post after reading so much and not saying a word.

I neither like nor dislike the Title, I will judge it when I hear the song because that's what's important for me! Even though I loved ATS and is probably my favourite album so far, I am definitely in the mood for some up tempo beats and modern day Rock! Basically the band saying they are in a comfortable place can't sound any better for me!

As for the confirmation, hopefully today or tomorrow we get some official word :D

16. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

You don't seem to know what indie means, do you? Unless you're averse to the idea of Linkin Park being independent from their record label....either that or I'm completely misunderstanding this whole "indie" discussion.

17. FoxxPS

FoxxPS Human centipede, budget cut.

Now to make my month, LP can announce that they're taking The Cure's place headlining Reading Festival and will perform the new album in it's entirety.
    Then I can rejoice in the awesomeness with fellow LP Soldiers

18. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I was trying to catch up with this thread, but I am done reading so far back. And que the inevitable "Try to catch up, motherfucker" jokes.

19. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

If indie has another meaning different than indie-rock, then I don't know what it means. I talked about LP playing indie-rock

20. Gman2887

Gman2887 Well-Known Member

Psst. "Indie" means "independent." That would be in the "good thing" column, kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.