MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

I think that people need to stay calm and relax. Stop searching for leaks and snippets. Believe it or not, April 16th is really not that far away...
    So just be patient and find yourself something to do and i'm sure we all got something to do...

2. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

So I just set a due date for a portion of a project of mine; April 16th. Thank you, Linkin Park, helping me make arbitrary deadlines. :awesome:

3. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The only thing that in order Blackout to be great in live should be played 1st to 5th of the setlist to attain maximum energy of the song.... Blackout is rarely played during ATS tour except to the last leg of their last 2011 that they played it more often... I actually listen to Blackout live versions and its still ok but Chester's voice is actually tired especially played during encore..

I hope Blackout will be played this coming world tour 2012.. and to only to fix is that the band is to put Blackout higher on the setlist... Robot Boy still, the only song left from ATS to play live... somehow, they could try make a piano version of the song in order to prevent complexity and difficulties in translating it to the live setting.... I want a SELIST for a change... I think most of their songs are overplayed already.... e.g. numb, lying from you, one step closer, in the end, crawling, faint, no more sorrow, what i've done and bleed it out...

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

On the topic of setlists, I hope every year they drop One Step Closer from the set. They didn't play it in a few instances on the ATS cycle but I just want them to drop it all together. I can see why they don't, but at the same time I don't think they need to play it anymore. Sure it's an energetic song, but there are far better songs they could replace it with whether they believe it to be a "fan favourite" or not. That's just my opinion though.

5. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

yeah, I'd like them to drop everything from "Meteora", I think, except for "Faint", 'cause I still kind of like that one live. And I don't want anything from "Midnight" either, except "Bleed It Out". :/

6. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

This. For Meteora, i have an exception for Breaking the Habit and for MTM, Shadow of the Day and Leave out All the rest.. I hope they will play more and be focus on their recent materials... With the new upcoming album, citing about the ENERGY thing, so this could be mean that HT and METEORA will be gradually drop from the setlist as time goes by.

7. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Everyone wants something else so you're not helping them. :p

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah. Opinions are like that, though. :)

9. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I remember someone asking once since when did MTV give two shits about Linkin Park? I pose this question. But nonetheless it's still good news I suppose.

10. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

True, but I do believe In The End and One Step Closer will remain in their setlists until they die.

I bite my tongue for even thinking of that scenario.

11. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I like the part where he said that they're comfortable with their earlier "nu-metal days"... I want some guitars, man! ATS was too mellow for my taste

12. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Can't think of another song that gets the crowd going like OSC, maybe a place for my head but thats it. I find it important to keep it to please the old fans as it always seems to go down well

13. JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

I always read through the forums on LPA, now I have finally joined.

I just wanted to say I love all Linkin Park albums from HT through to ATS, the music they want to make is the music I want to hear, no matter what it sounds like, though I do respect them a lot for mixing up their sound so much over the past few years. I just can't wait to hear what the new single and album is going to sound like. Bring on April 16th!

14. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I hope Linkin Park doesn't look at any of the suggestions in this thread about what they play live and just do what they want.

15. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

My guess would be that MTV knows Linkin Park have a huge fan base. Any news about a new Linkin Park album will get their site a lot of views.

Lucky for all of us, we have the LPA so we can just get the news and skip MTV.com. :awesome:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Greetings from across the pond! Welcome to the LPA!

17. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

this
    i was waiting for someone to say this......

18. JackF1992

JackF1992 Jack

Thanks! Good to finally get involved

19. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I have to warn you something:
    Watch out for trolls.

20. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

*hint: these are trolls: :trollface: :trollface: :trollface:*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.