MTV: Chester Discusses New Single "Burn It Down"

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

and for the first time they had a hottie in the video....Briana Evigan was in it ;)

just had to point that out :lol: anyway, until M2M, the band was known to never ever curse....they took care of that in M2M...HT and Meteora were amazing albums....they were angry/deep lyrics of frustration but NO curse words in the songs...those albums were what made them big and the no cursing is what made them unique.

2. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I know I'm not the smartest about music, and I like old and new Linkin Park but I like Meteora the best. I'm not the most knowledge in the music field, but I do enjoy almost every type of music (besides classical and most country.). ATS fans who say if you like Meteora the best you aren't intelligent annoys me (and i know that's none of your intentions). But people can like Meteora just as much as other LP

3. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Numb is an awesome song in my opinion. One of the best from LP. Better than anything from MTM or ATS.

4. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Wow. The stupid fucking old vs new sound debate has gotten so bad, I don't even want to jump in.

People are basically saying "it sold more so it's the best." Do people still really use that argument? In today's world with music piracy? Okay, so Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" is one of the best songs of the past decade. I mean after-all, it did break the iTunes record for sales of a single song.

Popularity =/= good. If it does, Soulja Boy, The Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber, and Lil Wayne are some of today's best artists. And if that's the case, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

CAN THEY PLEASE JUST PUT OUT SOME CLIPS OF BURN IT DOWN FOR FUCK'S SHIT?

As an ATS fan who has made claims about Meteora fans, I was specifically referring to musical knowledge. Not actual intelligence. If you ever thought I was calling you a genuinely stupid person, that was definitely not what I was trying to say.

But with that said, you said it yourself, you aren't really into musical theory. And that's fine, but from what I've experienced, ATS fans typically are more into theory. and I'm not trying to sound arrogant, but if you're more knowledgable about music, then your opinion carries more weight. you know what I mean? It's like calling in a computer expert who can tell you how your laptop works, versus your buddy asking if you "tried turning it on and off again."

Obviously there are exceptions. ATS fans are not the only ones who know anything about musical theory. but again, from what I've seen, they outnumber nu-metal fans in that regard.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I'm not writing off Meteora at all; in fact it was "Numb" that got me into them back in 2004 for a while before "What I've Done" in 2007 made me a diehard. You just need to learn to accept other people's opinions on here (note that I said "on here", because the LPA's full of them and that's actually one of the things that I love about this site: the variety of opinions). Believe me, I was like you when I saw negative criticism on Minutes to Midnight, but I took it in stride and learned to accept what others said about MTM (although the YouTube comments really pushed my buttons. Then again, they're YouTube comments). Don't be so discouraged, we're just stating our opinions, just like you're stating yours. We're not holding a gun to your head and yelling "DON'T YOU DARE LISTEN TO METEORA EVER AGAIN" in your ear. :)

And we're only saying the fans who are all butt-hurt over ATS and demanding the nu-metalz back are less intelligent, not every fan who likes nu-metal. Like we said, most of us (with the exception of some few fans and obviously Minus *coughsomewhereibelongcough*) either like or love Meteora. Meteora just happens to be a example of the type of album those kind of fans are yelling at Linkin Park to make again for THEIR pleasure, not the band's pleasure.

This.

Ask Dave. :trollface:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  6. Blake

Nah i didn't think there were any personal shots at me, I was just saying, and I do know theory, but really only about Piano. I play the Piano and know music theory when It comes to the Piano but other instruments such as drums (I have a broken drum set, but don't know how to properly play), i know nothing about music theory. It all depends on the instrument for me.

7. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I really have a hard time understanding how people can't realize Meteora was THE creative low point of Linkin Park's musical career. A few decent songs emerged from that album, but the over-wrought angsty lyrics and formulaic song structures made the album so predictable and unoriginal. The band themselves acknowledged that with their change in sound, so it's hard argue that. They made a couple of statements saying "we don't want to make Hybrid Theory pt. 3" during the MTM sessions, which was an obvious concession that Meteora was largely an HT clone.

8. Blake

Yeah i understand, it was no personal shots, and I guess I was just a little suprised how many people here dislike meteora. and yeah I understand, I liked them as nu-metal but I don't care that they changed, I actually wouldn't mind another MTM type album, I really love that album a lot! So amazing! EDIT: It's posts like Mark's that annoy me

9. Abel

I really blame Don Gilmore and Warner at the time. The sound was amazing, but I do think the lyrics need some changing after years of listening to it.

10. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

I remember my first Linkin Park debate.

11. Blake

It's this kind of thing that annoys me and makes me like other Linkin Park fan sites more, people here act like it's fact that Meteora is their worst album, when that comes down to opinion of the person and it is not a fact that Meteora is the worst album.

12. Blake

My first Linkin Park debate happened in real life during math class lol

13. FromTheInside1413

FromTheInside1413 Member

Meteora is my favorite CD by them. I like ATS too. I like all their albums, but Meteora is my favorite. That CD is full of great songs in my opinion.

14. Blake

:h5:

Someone who agrees with me!

15. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

You're mostly right. But I think we can all agree that Meteora was not a very creative album? And if creativity is high on your list for what makes something good, then in that case it would be a fact that Meteora was their worst.

So it's kind of a weird blend of opinions into facts. Such is art I guess.

16. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I mean, that's true but, you can't conclusively anything is worse than anything else if at the end of the day it's peoples preferences.

That said, i think people her do ride Meteora a bit harder than they should. I'm as guilty as anyone (probably moreso, actually), but only because the album was so damn samey. For what it's worth, though, breaking the thing down as a collection of songs, some of the pieces are genuinely great (Lying From You is a Linkin classic no matter what the era, Breaking The Habit is ace and one of the best Pop park songs ever). Meteoras got a fuckton wrong with it, but I do think some fans, LPA users specifically (no offense) do think unless there's a significant shift, the entire thing's a dude. There's a logic behind the thought process, i just don't think it necessarily applies with something like music. At least not as black and white, at least.

17. maik_gianino

maik_gianino Well-Known Member

When ATS was released everybody in the world said: Is so commercial, Linkin Park is commercial... Is, was and will be the album with least copies sold by the band.
    For me The Best Album of the band.

18. FromTheInside1413

FromTheInside1413 Member

I love Meteora a lot bc I like the hardcore sound with the screams and stuff, but I also like the softer side too. Like with Somewhere I belong, Numb wasn't exactly soft but it wasn't really hardcore either. Oh, and Breaking The Habit. All great songs in my opinion.

19. Abel

This. I actually couldn't believe people thought LP would collaborate with Bieber or GaGa one day just because of the sound of ATS.

20. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

To this day I can't understand why people don't think In The End playing constantly on pop stations a decade ago constitutes "being mainstream". I get that most of them were 5 when it was happening, but you'd think such "big fans" would be the slightest bit aware of their success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.